By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The end of Factor 5 Inc.

Well, didn't they develop Lair? If so, kinda expected after Free Radical

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network

Guys, this is only the USA studio, the one in Germany is still working.

Factor 5 is not dead, we'll probably see their Wii projects in E3.

"Although we are saddened by Factor 5 Inc.’s situation, our corporation will remain unaffected by these developments and has partnered with both old and new friends in the industry who will reveal our upcoming projects over the next months. - Factor 5 statement"

source:http://gonintendo.com/?p=82506

old friends= Nintendo = Pillotwings + Kid Icarus

This situation = Only to give a surprise in the E3

all this BS = Hype

the team closing down was the one making the superman game.

the team making pilotwings is still safe as it has nintendo's backing. not sure where their third person shooter is ebing made. i think that project is still alive but im not sure who the publisher is

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Hisiru said:

"Although we are saddened by Factor 5 Inc.’s situation, our corporation will remain unaffected by these developments and has partnered with both old and new friends in the industry who will reveal our upcoming projects over the next months. - Factor 5 statement"

source:http://gonintendo.com/?p=82506

old friends= Nintendo = Pillotwings + Kid Icarus

This situation = Only to give a surprise in the E3

all this BS = Hype

Factor 5 is independent , Old friends  = THQ , not Nintendo.

Around the Network
Valkyria00 said:
Lair did this.....right?

Well, yes. But their publisher (supplying funds) went under.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

@pullus

old friends do include nintendo, hence why pilotwings is coming out :P

Why is the title not making it clear it's not the entire company?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

now we know why we didnt hear anything about this for so long. it was a salvage mission

bankrupcy of brash screwed the USA studio over. but they had a shell company in Factor 5 GmbH in germany which had one employee, Achim Moller. this shell comapny is what allowed them to survive. all of the assets and trademarks of factor 5 inc have been moved to Factor 5 GmbH. i also understand that thier employees have also moved over thier to continue working on pilotwings

Ouch that sucks. I met the Lead Programmer from the US branch at GDC just before Lair launched. The industry shrinks a little more, the market gets a a little harder to score a dev gig.