By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The end of Factor 5 Inc.

Factor 5 USA is no more... :(

"We are sorry to announce the closure of the San Rafael-based Factor 5, Inc. studio, but the obstacles created by the sudden bankrupcy of Brash Entertainment for the continuation of operations have turned out too great to overcome in the current economic climate.

Factor 5 GmbH, which has been creating games since 1988 with its headquarter in Cologne, Germany, is entirely unrelated to Factor 5, Inc. and the circumstances surrounding Factor 5 Inc.'s recent challenges. Altough we are saddened by Factor 5 Inc.'s situation, our corporation will remain unaffected by these developments and has partnered with both old and new friends in the industry who will reveal our upcoming projects over the next months.

We would like to thank everybody on the publishing and development side who have supported us throughout the last 20 years and continue to do so. The current transition of the games industry is challenging, but as with transitions prior there is more opportunity than ever for independent development out there.

Achim Moller, CEO Factor 5 GmbH"

Around the Network

Didnt they close down last year?

Well, nice to see it resolved, at least.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

AaronSOLDIER said:

No. Only now. The domain factor5.com is redirecting factor5.de

AaronSOLDIER said:

They had to lay off about half their studio when Brash imploded but were still there.

Around the Network

But didn't they just last week announce that they had games to show at E3?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Lair did this.....right?

A pity.

Didn't they have a Wii and PS3 game in the works?

People don't seem to read the OP, Factor 5 Germany (the main studio and the USA team only a branch) is still in business so the games they had are still coming.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:
People don't seem to read the OP, Factor 5 Germany (the main studio and the USA team only a branch) is still in business so the games they had are still coming.

Sure about it? There is no mention to assets being transferred. Remember they're to completely different companies...

Oh, and no one knows about Julian Eggebrecht.