By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The end of Factor 5 Inc.

Dazkarieh said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
bardicverse said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Why is the title not making it clear it's not the entire company?

The title seems fairly specific to me.  Factor 5 Inc. is dead.  Factor 5 GmbH is not.

Why are you assuming others would know that? The term "inc." is often meant to imply an entire company. Even if that isn't the case, that's the context it's mainly used in. If you didn't know that the German branch had a different title, I doubt you would have know exactly what it meant.

Just a note, inc is a designation for "incorporated", a term that is required by any company that has filed in the US as a S or C Corporation. Been there done that =)

But again, most of the time the designation is used, it means the entire company, thus implying the entire company closed.

Sorry, but I don't agree with you. The title is correct, and perfectly clear to me. It might be "often meant", but it's not correct.

Microsoft inc. means the entire company. Time Warner inc. means the entire company. Even if the term doesn't necessarily mean that, the replies assuming the entire company is shut down shows a lot do think it means that.

I've learned the hard way to be as accurate as possible in thread titles.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
Dazkarieh said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
bardicverse said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Why is the title not making it clear it's not the entire company?

The title seems fairly specific to me.  Factor 5 Inc. is dead.  Factor 5 GmbH is not.

Why are you assuming others would know that? The term "inc." is often meant to imply an entire company. Even if that isn't the case, that's the context it's mainly used in. If you didn't know that the German branch had a different title, I doubt you would have know exactly what it meant.

Just a note, inc is a designation for "incorporated", a term that is required by any company that has filed in the US as a S or C Corporation. Been there done that =)

But again, most of the time the designation is used, it means the entire company, thus implying the entire company closed.

Sorry, but I don't agree with you. The title is correct, and perfectly clear to me. It might be "often meant", but it's not correct.

Microsoft inc. means the entire company. Time Warner inc. means the entire company. Even if the term doesn't necessarily mean that, the replies assuming the entire company is shut down shows a lot do think it means that.

I've learned the hard way to be as accurate as possible in thread titles.

No, it doesn't mean that. You're wrong, even though I can't understand what you're saying.

The title is accurate ;) You would prefer I write it free-street-speach way, something like Factor 5 USA. I understand that. But that wouldn't be accurate.

Anyway, I think you already know what closed and what didn't, so no point in continue this.

In terms of some companies it does. Trust me. At least in the US, whenever "inc." is used, the context is almost always meaning the entire company. It doesn't matter if the term does or not, that's how it's presented.

And the fact is that in some cases, it DOES mean the entire company.

Thus it doesn't matter if the thread title is accurate. The fact is that it's not universally known that "inc." doesn't mean the entire company, and it even then, isn't known that the entirety of Factor 5 isn't called that.

And EVEN THEN, the title doesn't mention that the German branch is still standing, which is a key thing in the article.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs