By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do people say GT is leagues ahead of Forza?

I honestly don't know how so many people can say that GT is leagues ahead of forza?  It doesn't make sense.  If your a fan of racing simulators than you should like both, because they basically offer the same thing...one has prettier graphics and one has a few more options.  

So how can anyone in their right mind say that GT is so so much better than forza and that forza just won't do for the GT fanboys.

Around the Network

Because it is?

You cant really compare GT and Forza yet I guess. Prologue isn't the full game so we just have to wait till the full game comes out, then we can compare.
shanbcn,

ready to get ur asses handed to ya? :)

shanbcn said:
Because it is?

Imitation is the highest form of flattery comes to mind when I think about forza and Grand Turismo. Honestly with the staggering options available for GT games it is hard to get into any other driving sims while playing that game. Forza really in most peoples minds is just a GT "lite". It is not just about the superior graphics it is because of the pedigree that goes along with it.

Around the Network

because they have a right to an opinion?

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)

From Wikipedia:

"The appeal of the Gran Turismo series is due significantly to the graphics, the number of licensed vehicles, the extent and detail of simulation, and the ability to tune performance. Handling of the vehicles is modeled on real-life driving impressions, tuning is based on principles of physics, and the sound of the vehicle's engine is based on recordings of real-life vehicles."

Summary: The level of immersion GT brings to the table.

Dallinor said:
From Wikipedia:

"The appeal of the Gran Turismo series is due significantly to the graphics, the number of licensed vehicles, the extent and detail of simulation, and the ability to tune performance. Handling of the vehicles is modeled on real-life driving impressions, tuning is based on principles of physics, and the sound of the vehicle's engine is based on recordings of real-life vehicles."

Summary: The level of immersion GT brings to the table.

But forza does that too.  I just want to know why some of the people say that GT is so ahead of Forza when its clearly not.

It all boils down to they are basically the same game...really the defferences are minute at best.

shanbcn said:
Because it is?

Short and sweet :)

OP just wait a couple more weeks, it is going to be Forza 3 vs GT5 at E3 so all will be known.

cause of fanboys...

i've played both GT and Forza a hell lot and they're both great...