By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do people say GT is leagues ahead of Forza?

tarheel91 said:
yo_john117 said:

I honestly don't know how so many people can say that GT is leagues ahead of forza?  It doesn't make sense.  If your a fan of racing simulators than you should like both, because they basically offer the same thing...one has prettier graphics and one has a few more options.  

So how can anyone in their right mind say that GT is so so much better than forza and that forza just won't do for the GT fanboys.

Have you ever 1) driven a car before or 2) driven a car at its limits before?

I don't see what this has to do with anyting but yes and yes

Around the Network
Sephiroth357 said:
gergroy said:
axumblade said:
TheTruthProphet said:
GT Prologue was rated lower on metacritic - only 82

Forza 2 had a metacritic of 90.

Sony has constantly told ps owners GT is the best, hence they believe it.

Sadly, sony has ps owners A LOT Of things that are not true.

GT will be on par with forza 3 , but no better. I expect forza will get a higher metacritic score.

GT Prologue got an 82 because it's a prologue....x.o

lol, prologue got lower scores because it's a prologue and not a full game? Boggles the mind :)

Exactly! A prologues isn't the complete game. I don't think a Forza prologue would get above 82.

lol, maybe, guess it depends how much effort they put into it, but the actual games are actually pretty equal in ratings.

gergroy said:
Sephiroth357 said:
gergroy said:
axumblade said:
TheTruthProphet said:
GT Prologue was rated lower on metacritic - only 82

Forza 2 had a metacritic of 90.

Sony has constantly told ps owners GT is the best, hence they believe it.

Sadly, sony has ps owners A LOT Of things that are not true.

GT will be on par with forza 3 , but no better. I expect forza will get a higher metacritic score.

GT Prologue got an 82 because it's a prologue....x.o

lol, prologue got lower scores because it's a prologue and not a full game? Boggles the mind :)

Exactly! A prologues isn't the complete game. I don't think a Forza prologue would get above 82.

lol, maybe, guess it depends how much effort they put into it, but the actual games are actually pretty equal in ratings.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps2/granturismo4prologue?q=GRAN%20TURISMO

However the real game got a 89.

yo_john117 said:
tarheel91 said:
yo_john117 said:

I honestly don't know how so many people can say that GT is leagues ahead of forza?  It doesn't make sense.  If your a fan of racing simulators than you should like both, because they basically offer the same thing...one has prettier graphics and one has a few more options.  

So how can anyone in their right mind say that GT is so so much better than forza and that forza just won't do for the GT fanboys.

Have you ever 1) driven a car before or 2) driven a car at its limits before?

I don't see what this has to do with anyting but yes and yes

If you don't see what it has to do with anything, then you probably haven't.  When I say driven a car at its limits, I mean drive it like you were racing it.  I don't mean doing 30 miles an hour over the speed limit; I don't mean racing your friend at a stop light.  I mean either actually taking it to a track, or driving it so that you heel-toe break as you enter a turn, your tires are squeeling around every corner, and you're constantly right on the edge of losing it.

GT and Forza are both really good games but GT started it all.

PSN ID: getrdone25

Around the Network

Doesn't matter if it wan't a full game - It still only got an 80.

Look at the reviews - most DO NOT complain about it not being a full game.

The negative reviews center around actaul gameplay issues.

BAD multiplayer, BAD Online, BAD AI

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/granturismo5prologue?q=gran turismo#critics

creamtastic said:
Honkeytonk Monkey said:
Because they never played Forza 2.

Seriously, anyone that would opt for slot car AI, no penalty for slamming into things at 100mph over Forza which simulates everything down to tire sidewall compression in corners, has performance altering damage models, and a huge online communoty of people many of whom actually want to race a clean race.

I onw GT 1-4, played them to completion and then some, and love them. But they don't hold a candle to Forza in terms of gameplay and community. I would actually say the gameplay in GT is closer to that of PGR4. GT is a great racing game series from a visual standpoint, Forza is in it's own league when it comes to gameplay.

We'll see what Polyphony can do for GT5. GT5:P was a sorry letdown of a demo. More slot car AI, idiots crashing off walls in races with no ill-effects, and the electronicly pitched engine (seriously Polyphony needs to start recording cars on a dyno) and tire noises are right out of GT1. Last time I heard a Z06 drive past me on the freeway it didn't sound like an electric razor.

I joined up to express my complete agreeance with this post.  As much as I love the GT series, the handling of the cars in Forza is far superior in my humbleness.

Thats probably cause GT goes for reality with handling so maybe thats why its better in Forza :P

I think people just appreciate what the GT series tries to achieve with so much effort into every little detail in the game. I mean thats probably why we're not waiting for GT 6. Those guys are perfectionists. 

Do car makers still charge game Devs to Put Damage in their games?
I never Payed Forza.....For the New racer on the Block..It's doing pretty well...
I would side with GT on sales and Following

TheTruthProphet said:
Doesn't matter if it wan't a full game - It still only got an 80.

Look at the reviews - most DO NOT complain about it not being a full game.

The negative reviews center around actaul gameplay issues.

BAD multiplayer, BAD Online, BAD AI

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/granturismo5prologue?q=gran turismo#critics

Yea thats why GT4 prolugue received a 70, meanwhile GT4  received a 89.

GT5pro:6 tracks and like 60 cars...The real game is suppose to have like 600+ cars and god knows how many tracks.

tombi123 said:
shanbcn said:
Because it is?