By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do people say GT is leagues ahead of Forza?

_BetterThanToast_ said:
creamtastic said:
Honkeytonk Monkey said:
Because they never played Forza 2.

Seriously, anyone that would opt for slot car AI, no penalty for slamming into things at 100mph over Forza which simulates everything down to tire sidewall compression in corners, has performance altering damage models, and a huge online communoty of people many of whom actually want to race a clean race.

I onw GT 1-4, played them to completion and then some, and love them. But they don't hold a candle to Forza in terms of gameplay and community. I would actually say the gameplay in GT is closer to that of PGR4. GT is a great racing game series from a visual standpoint, Forza is in it's own league when it comes to gameplay.

We'll see what Polyphony can do for GT5. GT5:P was a sorry letdown of a demo. More slot car AI, idiots crashing off walls in races with no ill-effects, and the electronicly pitched engine (seriously Polyphony needs to start recording cars on a dyno) and tire noises are right out of GT1. Last time I heard a Z06 drive past me on the freeway it didn't sound like an electric razor.

I joined up to express my complete agreeance with this post.  As much as I love the GT series, the handling of the cars in Forza is far superior in my humbleness.

Thats probably cause GT goes for reality with handling so maybe thats why its better in Forza :P

I think people just appreciate what the GT series tries to achieve with so much effort into every little detail in the game. I mean thats probably why we're not waiting for GT 6. Those guys are perfectionists. 

have you played forza 2?

Around the Network

Some of you need to get some effin perspective.

GT in HD full game has NOT been released yet. So comparison to a HD game is absolutely unfair although in 10 million peoples opinions it still kicks ass.

people that mention Gt5 prologue as a full game are people that have never played GT the series. if you look historically all its prologues were rated low.

and finally Im sorry to the people who feel different but Froza is just a well done copy of GT.

when GT5 and Froza 3 come out then we can talk

TheTruthProphet said:
Doesn't matter if it wan't a full game - It still only got an 80.

Look at the reviews - most DO NOT complain about it not being a full game.

The negative reviews center around actaul gameplay issues.

BAD multiplayer, BAD Online, BAD AI

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/granturismo5prologue?q=gran turismo#critics

IGN gave it an overall 85 because of the number of cars, tracks, and appeal.  Presentation was an 8 because of the small track selection is a drawback. Graphics was a 9 and sound was an 9.5.  Gameplay was an 8.5 but they complain about the small amount of tracks and cars.  Lasting appeal is an 8 because the number of tracks is disappointing.  I only used IGN because to me they have the best reviews on games and I can find other game revies like this if you want me too. 

PSN ID: getrdone25

From my view, and my experience, they are the SAME!

Both GT5:P and Forza 2 and both unplayed now, and would require me to use a joypad controller to control the vehicles. So, I say it is a wash.

I GT5 doesn't have local coop then I would say it was leagues behind Forza. With Sony now, theres no guarentee that their games will do coop which is a total pain, especially with racing games.

Tease.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
I GT5 doesn't have local coop then I would say it was leagues behind Forza. With Sony now, theres no guarentee that their games will do coop which is a total pain, especially with racing games.

GT5 the game  you kow the full one isnt out wait to critizise even if you do hate sony.

The only issue I have with Forza is the fact it's not called Gran Turismo.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
MrMeToo said:
Squilliam said:

GT5 the game  you kow the full one isnt out wait to critizise even if you do hate sony.

he meant to say if at the beginning but left off the f.  He isn't saying it's out already, he is just saying if it doesn't have this feature then he will have that opinion.

gergroy said:
MrMeToo said:
Squilliam said:

he meant to say if at the beginning but left off the f.  He isn't saying it's out already, he is just saying if it doesn't have this feature then he will have that opinion.

ohhh ok  that was my fault then.

gergroy said:
MrMeToo said:
Squilliam said:
If GT5 doesn't have local coop then I would say it was leagues behind Forza. With Sony now, theres no guarentee that their games will do coop which is a total pain, especially with racing games.

Its the stupid aluminium Mac Pro keyboard im using. My Microsoft fanboyism rejects my fingers for touching such a monstrosity.

Tease.