By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do people say GT is leagues ahead of Forza?

tarheel91 said:
yo_john117 said:
tarheel91 said:
yo_john117 said:

I honestly don't know how so many people can say that GT is leagues ahead of forza?  It doesn't make sense.  If your a fan of racing simulators than you should like both, because they basically offer the same thing...one has prettier graphics and one has a few more options.  

So how can anyone in their right mind say that GT is so so much better than forza and that forza just won't do for the GT fanboys.

Have you ever 1) driven a car before or 2) driven a car at its limits before?

I don't see what this has to do with anyting but yes and yes

If you don't see what it has to do with anything, then you probably haven't.  When I say driven a car at its limits, I mean drive it like you were racing it.  I don't mean doing 30 miles an hour over the speed limit; I don't mean racing your friend at a stop light.  I mean either actually taking it to a track, or driving it so that you heel-toe break as you enter a turn, your tires are squeeling around every corner, and you're constantly right on the edge of losing it.

Well if thats what you mean by the limit then no i haven't.  But tell me WTF this has to do with this topic?!?!?!?!

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
tarheel91 said:
yo_john117 said:
tarheel91 said:
yo_john117 said:

I honestly don't know how so many people can say that GT is leagues ahead of forza?  It doesn't make sense.  If your a fan of racing simulators than you should like both, because they basically offer the same thing...one has prettier graphics and one has a few more options.  

So how can anyone in their right mind say that GT is so so much better than forza and that forza just won't do for the GT fanboys.

If you don't see what it has to do with anything, then you probably haven't.  When I say driven a car at its limits, I mean drive it like you were racing it.  I don't mean doing 30 miles an hour over the speed limit; I don't mean racing your friend at a stop light.  I mean either actually taking it to a track, or driving it so that you heel-toe break as you enter a turn, your tires are squeeling around every corner, and you're constantly right on the edge of losing it.

Well if thats what you mean by the limit then no i haven't.  But tell me WTF this has to do with this topic?!?!?!?!

Because Forza and GT are both simulators simulating something you've NEVER done.  You're just like the guys who talk crap about Madden when they've never played football.  When it comes to simulating the racing experience, GT does it better than anyone else.  That is the reason you hear people say what they do.  While you may find Forza more enjoyable, that's more an indication of your preferences in terms of arcade vs. simulation than the quality of either game.

Sephiroth357 said:
tombi123 said:
shanbcn said:
Because it is?

4 ≈ One

its is.
GT5 runs a 1080 60fps.
have more cars and the level of detail to each car track and car it's insane.

Dgc1808 said:
Sephiroth357 said:
tombi123 said:
shanbcn said:
Because it is?

Around the Network
tarheel91 said:
yo_john117 said:
tarheel91 said:
yo_john117 said:
tarheel91 said:
yo_john117 said:

Because Forza and GT are both simulators simulating something you've NEVER done.  You're just like the guys who talk crap about Madden when they've never played football.  When it comes to simulating the racing experience, GT does it better than anyone else.  That is the reason you hear people say what they do.  While you may find Forza more enjoyable, that's more an indication of your preferences in terms of arcade vs. simulation than the quality of either game.

No, some nameless simulators do it better than GT, you just like GT better.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
tarheel91 said:
yo_john117 said:
tarheel91 said:
yo_john117 said:
tarheel91 said:
yo_john117 said:

No, some nameless simulators do it better than GT, you just like GT better.

I assumed we were limiting this to console only.

forza 3 will be out by the time gt5 is out so we have yet to see the competition

tarheel91 said:
yo_john117 said:
tarheel91 said:
yo_john117 said:
tarheel91 said:
yo_john117 said:

Um they are both racing sims...sorry to break it to you but they both play the same not a big enough difference to scream one is leagues better than the other...

I never said forza was better...i just wanted to know why GT fanboys insist that GT is so freakin better than forza?

Also if you are truly going for realism, GT just won't do...racing sims on the PC are more realistic.   And have you heard of Race Pro??  that game got mostly meh ratings simply because it was so realistic that it isn't accessible to most people.

Lastly I'm goina guess that you and all the other people that hearold GT as the most realistic Racing sim ever have never actually raced in real life either....

EdStation3 said:
Dgc1808 said:
Sephiroth357 said:
tombi123 said:
shanbcn said:
Because it is?

I'm willing to bet that none of you guys have ever played forza.  Go play it and you'll find out they really are about the same games.