By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What should Wii do to maintain momentum?

DMeisterJ said:
They need to stop porting and making new games of the same franchises. You know what I'm talkin bout. Mario, Zelda, Metroid, and pokemon. Come up with some new franchises and ips like Lair, Heavenly sword, Uncharted, folklore, eye of judgement, mgs4, and don't keep on hyping one game like Microsoft... Halo 3 anyone?

So if Nintendo made Lair for the Wii you would buy it?

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
They need to stop porting and making new games of the same franchises. You know what I'm talkin bout. Mario, Zelda, Metroid, and pokemon. Come up with some new franchises and ips like Lair, Heavenly sword, Uncharted, folklore, eye of judgement, mgs4, and don't keep on hyping one game like Microsoft... Halo 3 anyone?

wow!!!

Onimusha12 said:

Obviously the Nintendo Wii is doing quite well considering its graphical handicap, rough start with third party development and controversial approach towards gaming but can this trend really sustain its momentum? The answer is no.

Oh my. Not again. This is getting very annoying.

Anyways, in real life (or movies), wouldnt you root for the guy who is physically handicapped, has no friends, does something in a new and exciting way and has success with it? Anyone? Or would you be the one that points out all the time that, since he is handicapped, has no friends and does things differently, eventually he will fail?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

thing is we're already seeing an improvement on some games due for release this quarter compared to the first batch of rushed games as some companies approach their 2nd batch of wii games, for example the new MOH is getting really good write ups and i personally think EA learned a lot from a bad tiger woods 07 and I love the new mechanics of 08 personally and Capcoms effort is so important as they are just setting the benchmark for third party quality. On top of this in 08 when you see titles like Namco's Project Rygar, soul calibre, no more heroes then the wii epics may just start to catch on.

on top of this i'm sure we'll see Wii mario kart, Pikmin so software side of wii will be covered but i feel Nintendo will also release a new bundle and coloured wii's (or at least a black one) but I think some kind of storage media so DS connectivity, wiiware, demo channels, maybe even ONM / IGN channel or things like that and bigger VC platforms could be supported (Sega Saturn anyone) will also be they key for the Wii's long term.

Those people that think they're perfect give a bad reputation to us who are... 

"With the DS, it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen, but I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." - Phil Harrison, Sony