By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What should Wii do to maintain momentum?

Release WiiFit and Zapper. Increase production. Third parties will thrive in 2008 with the large userbase. Nintendo only needs to focus on the things they do best and let others take care of the rest.

I expect software charts in 2008 to be 90%+ Nintendo.

Around the Network
Onimusha12 said:

We need not worry about the Casual market, Nintendo is more than prepared to keep that angle well accommodated till the system’s end but for the rest of us what should we hold out hope for?

Stupid assumptions.

Assumption:  The reader is not a part of the "Casual market."
Assumption:  The reader does not hope for enjoyment from "Casual" games.

WiteoutKing said:
Not in Japan, fkusumot. They're getting LOTS of edu-games. The States would really do well to get some of those.

The PS2 thrived on a balanced mix of core and casual. The Wii, so far, has a strong casual library with a few sprinkles of core. So long as it doesn't go TOO too far one way, it will hold onto that momentum till the end.

What are the edu-games in Japan on the Wii? Curious.

Simple: Continue to sell consoles....

And to achieve that goal they are releasing a pretty good lineup of games over the holidays.   

The biggest thing they can do honestly is make sure they get as many consoles on the shelves for the holidays as is humanly possible.  Then when timmy opens the Wii on X-mas morning and plays bowling he will get the interest of grandma, grandpa, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc... and from there the console will do what it does oh so well...sell itself.  From there they just need to keep the shelves stocked through the following few months and they will be fine. 

To Each Man, Responsibility

Nintendo should tier their game and press releases to maintain momentum. Don't blow all your games on a single quarter, divey them up to keep people coming and owners interested.  Release things when it seems momentum needs to be maintained.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network

A discounted bundle for the holidays... Two controllers, Two Nunchucks, Wiiplay, Wiisports, and some other game to go with it... $300.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

All they need to do is do what they are doing now its that simple keep releaseing good games and entice 3rdPartys thats it.If they had some BigHitters from the 3rdpartys (i.e.Games destined to sell atleast 1.5million) then they would be fine but at the moment not alot is announced except crappy minigame and party titles(Boogie is a good example of this) if these games continue then the momentum will go because nothing will be enticeing gamers but if they get some BigHitters then they will be fine.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

Nintendo should do these things (or most of 'em) keep the momentum going:

1. Get more of those buggers out to the customers
2. Release bundle or two (bundle like kn mentioned would be good)
3. Release more color's (black, silver, "Mario-red", "Luigi-green", chrome, blue, clear(see-through) and so on)
4. Reduce price of Wii about 50$/50€ (before summer '08, if momentum is gonna die)
5. Fund more 3-party games/buy more 3-party gamemaker's
6. Wii-hdd
7. hmmn... what else ? :p

Nothing's cheaper than something free.

F1 vs FOTA, when too much power is in couple peoples hands.

---------------------------------------------------------------

To sell more Wiis, Nintendo should:

Produce more Wiis.

if it fell off a cliff it would keep up it's momentum... i wonder what terminal velocity would be for a Wii???

really, i seriously hope for some great 3rd party titles, i don't have much interest in 1st party anymore... RE:UC should be pretty cool!