By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What should Wii do to maintain momentum?

grandmaster192 said:
Nintendo doesn't need to do anything. There's nothing that can go wrong.

That's what the Big N thought when it designed the N64. Good thing Iwata said he wanted to avoid being arrogant.

Innovation's a funny thing, isn't it? Nintendo managed to think outside the box and were rewarded. I wonder what boundary they'll push next gen (I hope they plan to push some boundary.)

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

Around the Network

What exactly can go wrong for the Wii? I see nothing. The Wii has to much Hype. I bet no one can name a realistic possibilty for what could go wrong with the Wii.

Ari_Gold said:
i know.. make a real console with next-gen graphics and a better online service... that would do it

Graphics are not a real problem, people are content with them. And since the bulk of low-end 360 games don't look much better and sony is opting for lower quality graphic title in the future to increas the volume of PS3 games to increase the volume of PS3 titles and length of games, you should be fine with them too. Besides if the 360 and Ps3 are truly next-gen graphics, why do they cost double that of the typical console the last 6 gens of gaming? Everyone wants better graphics and there is no arguing the Wii's were a dissapointment this generation, however, when you take into consideration the extra money, time and inevitable short game lengths that come as a price for these "next gen graphics", I think most gamers will be content to settle for better games with graphics that are just good enough.

Better online service will come in time, it is rough now though you're right, but not something that requires a new console to fix. 

Release a hd version more closer to the capability of the 360 or PS3

Develop a legit online strategy.

Continue with good amount of good games and try to make online better. Set sail from there.

Around the Network
Onimusha12 said:
Ari_Gold said:
i know.. make a real console with next-gen graphics and a better online service... that would do it

Graphics are not a real problem, people are content with them. And since the bulk of low-end 360 games don't look much better and sony is opting for lower quality graphic title in the future to increas the volume of PS3 games to increase the volume of PS3 titles and length of games, you should be fine with them too. Besides if the 360 and Ps3 are truly next-gen graphics, why do they cost double that of the typical console the last 6 gens of gaming? Everyone wants better graphics and there is no arguing the Wii's were a dissapointment this generation, however, when you take into consideration the extra money, time and inevitable short game lengths that come as a price for these "next gen graphics", I think most gamers will be content to settle for better games with graphics that are just good enough.

Better online service will come in time, it is rough now though you're right, but not something that requires a new console to fix.

How can it possibly be a success without next-gen graphics.

what would really be nice would be a passport like harddrive to up the memory

what would really be nice would be a passport like harddrive to up the memory

fkusumot said:
Onimusha12 said:
Ari_Gold said:

Graphics are not a real problem, people are content with them. And since the bulk of low-end 360 games don't look much better and sony is opting for lower quality graphic title in the future to increas the volume of PS3 games to increase the volume of PS3 titles and length of games, you should be fine with them too. Besides if the 360 and Ps3 are truly next-gen graphics, why do they cost double that of the typical console the last 6 gens of gaming? Everyone wants better graphics and there is no arguing the Wii's were a dissapointment this generation, however, when you take into consideration the extra money, time and inevitable short game lengths that come as a price for these "next gen graphics", I think most gamers will be content to settle for better games with graphics that are just good enough.

Better online service will come in time, it is rough now though you're right, but not something that requires a new console to fix.

You know what... you make a good point. I declare the Wii be classified sixth gen and we hold it to the standard of the sales of the DC, PS2, Xbox and GC. It is after all... the only way... *nods*

Onimusha12 said:
fkusumot said:
Onimusha12 said:
Ari_Gold said:

You know what... you make a good point. I declare the Wii be classified sixth gen and we hold it to the standard of the sales of the DC, PS2, Xbox and GC. It is after all... the only way... *nods*

So far so good then.