By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why is Microsoft killing off PC gaming?

Windows Live is completely free -.-

Please register :)

Around the Network
Megadude said:
@ FKNetwork:

So you wouldn't give a damn if PC gaming would just go away correct?

Correct!

Megadude said:
Please feel free to add your opinion as to why MS is cockbloking games on PC. Unless of course you're just here to troll.

Live for Windows is Free...Your Point is nonexistant since it was direct towards LIVE.....Again LIVE for Windows is Free....

Halo... I could not give a shit...
But Fable II and Gears definitely should be on PC =/ they are like the only games that keep the X360 to have extra >'s on my sig.

haxxiy said:
But Fable II and Gears definitely should be on PC =/ they are like the only games that keep the X360 to have extra >'s on my sig.

Why give Fable II and Gears 2 to PC when Microsoft realized that only devalues their console? I swear you mix up logic with want.

Around the Network
haxxiy said:

Gears of War is. Gears of War 2 is not. But this is not Microsoft's decision, It is Epic Game's decision to release a PC version in the future.

Fable is. Fable 2 might be released in the future.

Halo 1 + 2 are. Halo 3 will probably be out after the first DX11 GPUs are released.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Megadude said:

Why is MS big? Because of the Zune? The Xbox? No, Microsoft is big because of Windows. So why is it that they have been cockblocking on games becoming available for PC? Games like Fable 2 Gears 2 Halo 3. On Pc? Nope. Why not? Why is it that many games that do come out for PC have already been on 360 for a year. I figured out why: LIVE.

Live for Windows was a failure. No self respecting PC gamer will pay for online gaming (unless it's an MMORPG). But X-Box users they just loooove Live and they will pay for it. If people need to buy your system to play your games then they will need to pay you money to play Live. All that live money is like free cash for MS.

Now I'm not saying PC gaming is dead. But you cannot deny that MS is treating the PC as an ugly stepchild giving it the old scraps off of 360's plate or somtimes sending it to bed without dinner. But does this make sense? When people talk about why they prefer Windows one leg up that MS has always had was gaming. Denying Windows any game of any form makes no sense to me.

Megadude from Manhattan

haha wow, you couldn't be further from the truth.

First of all, PC gaming is increasing faster than console gaming, and should surpass the console industry in the next few years.

Second, PC has more games in development than all other platforms combined, and had much more +80% rated games than Xbox 360 in 2008.

Microsoft isn't releasing their games on PC is actually because their FEAR PC gaming. There was an european MS representative that once said that the reason they released Halo much later on PC was because otherwise the Xbox version's sales would be canibalized, and in countries like Germany Halo would've sold 80% on PC and only 20% on Xbox.

bardicverse said:
I don't see it, personally. About 80% of the XB360 Library is available on the PC as well. Sure, there are some exclusives for the 360, to give incentive to buy a 360, but I can acquire about 80% of Xb360 games and 95% of PS3 games for my PC, and they play a LOT better, better texture quality, shaders, framerates, etc.

I don't have hard numbers to back it up, but i'd assume there's more x360/pc spillover than there is ps3/pc spillover. I'm not sure why you think 95% of ps3 games are on PC as the ps3 has a fair number of exclusives that won't ever be on PC. I do agree that PC version >>>  PS360 version for the vast majority of games.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

ssj12 said:
haxxiy said:

Gears of War is. Gears of War 2 is not. But this is not Microsoft's decision, It is Epic Game's decision to release a PC version in the future.

Fable is. Fable 2 might be released in the future.

Halo 1 + 2 are. Halo 3 will probably be out after the first DX11 GPUs are released.

Fable 2 will not be released to PC and neither will Halo 3. Their predecessors sold horribly on PC, not to mention the fact that last gen it hurt the sales of Xbox consoles. PC gamers just want a free ride, when they should know full well, Microsoft wants to make the 360 as profitable as possible. Buy a 360 if you want the games Microsoft is no longer allowing on PC. As for Gears of War, it's obvious that since Microsoft published Gears of War on the 360 and PC that they do have a choice in the matter. Did someone omit their contract for exclusivity with Epic? They decided not to publish Gears 2 for PC, because Xbox 360 games need to stay there. Gears 3 is a whole other ball game, because Microsoft will need to update their contract with Epic or buy the IP of that franchise. That game is a huge risk.

shio said:
Megadude said:

Why is MS big? Because of the Zune? The Xbox? No, Microsoft is big because of Windows. So why is it that they have been cockblocking on games becoming available for PC? Games like Fable 2 Gears 2 Halo 3. On Pc? Nope. Why not? Why is it that many games that do come out for PC have already been on 360 for a year. I figured out why: LIVE.

Live for Windows was a failure. No self respecting PC gamer will pay for online gaming (unless it's an MMORPG). But X-Box users they just loooove Live and they will pay for it. If people need to buy your system to play your games then they will need to pay you money to play Live. All that live money is like free cash for MS.

Now I'm not saying PC gaming is dead. But you cannot deny that MS is treating the PC as an ugly stepchild giving it the old scraps off of 360's plate or somtimes sending it to bed without dinner. But does this make sense? When people talk about why they prefer Windows one leg up that MS has always had was gaming. Denying Windows any game of any form makes no sense to me.

Megadude from Manhattan

haha wow, you couldn't be further from the truth.

First of all, PC gaming is increasing faster than console gaming, and should surpass the console industry in the next few years.

Second, PC has more games in development than all other platforms combined, and had much more +80% rated games than Xbox 360 in 2008.

Microsoft isn't releasing their games on PC is actually because their FEAR PC gaming. There was an european MS representative that once said that the reason they released Halo much later on PC was because otherwise the Xbox version's sales would be canibalized, and in countries like Germany Halo would've sold 80% on PC and only 20% on Xbox.

Scary part is shio is correct. Microsoft's PR reps have stated that they believe a PC version of a game will outsell the console versions in the PC oriented countries in Europe, Germany, etc.

The one thing that shio doesn't state is that there are hundreds of games that are never reviewed but are amazing released by indie developers to the market. These games can either be free or are inexpensive to purchase.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453