By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why is Microsoft killing off PC gaming?

Why is MS big? Because of the Zune? The Xbox? No, Microsoft is big because of Windows. So why is it that they have been cockblocking on games becoming available for PC? Games like Fable 2 Gears 2 Halo 3. On Pc? Nope. Why not? Why is it that many games that do come out for PC have already been on 360 for a year. I figured out why: LIVE.

Live for Windows was a failure. No self respecting PC gamer will pay for online gaming (unless it's an MMORPG). But X-Box users they just loooove Live and they will pay for it. If people need to buy your system to play your games then they will need to pay you money to play Live. All that live money is like free cash for MS.

Now I'm not saying PC gaming is dead. But you cannot deny that MS is treating the PC as an ugly stepchild giving it the old scraps off of 360's plate or somtimes sending it to bed without dinner. But does this make sense? When people talk about why they prefer Windows one leg up that MS has always had was gaming. Denying Windows any game of any form makes no sense to me.

Megadude from Manhattan

Around the Network

lol @ Megadud from Manhattan. Wonder where you got that from xD

Yeah, it might well be because of Live.

Pirates are killing off PC gaming. And... Probably MMO players since they stop buying games years ago.

What makes you think they are killing off PC gaming? Shouldn't the 360 have exclusives as well? And it's not like the PC doesn't have any games coming out, it's got plenty.

In short, what are you talking about?

Oh lord.

Around the Network

Windows Live is free. and pc gaming is irrelevant.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Why must people try to make epic threads and then base them on their own opinion and logic?

Please feel free to add your opinion as to why MS is cockbloking games on PC. Unless of course you're just here to troll.

JaggedSac said:
Oh lord microsoft he knows not what he says.

The fact that pc gaming is way smaller now than it was some years ago is undenyable, but don't think MS is helping killing it. It's doing business, that's it. They produce the game for the x360 and than, to gain more bucks, release it for PC. That's it.
Now, I think pc gaming will rise again given digital distribution, wich garantee a better protection against pirates and a easier and broader distribution. In fact, I believe consoles will become even more like pcs in the future, and the diferential will be the user interface, just like the wii started this gen. With digital destribuiton getting more space, is the natural path.
We'll buy a gaming pc, speciallized, but a pc nonetheless, and then buy our games through the net.

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E