By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can anybody tell me why Metal Gear Solid 4 will come to the 360?

Ari_Gold said:
because sony has lost all of its third party exclusives from last gen: FF, RE, DMC, GTA.

Resident Evil? Code Veronica was on the Dreamcast first and RE4 was on the Gamecube first. Not to mention the RE 1 remake and RE0 were exclusive to the Gamecube, so I'm not sure what you mean.

Around the Network
thekitchensink said:
What Ari_Gold said. Also, don't forget that the Gamecube got its own versions of MGS and MGS2, and the Xbox got the updated MGS2. Just saying it's not out of the question, not that I care since I already have the game on PS3.

He's wrong even more because (and I forgot to mention this), the series he mentioned lost "exclusivity" before they were even released. This game has been out for nearly a year now. Also, those were remakes instead of ports, and I don't think Konami was too happy about the performance of the Xbox version (not sure about Gamecube versions).

MontanaHatchet said:
dsister44 said:
another one *sigh*

there is no reason for this game to come to the xbox.

there is (like you said) no hype or anticipation for this game. i would rather have a a new ip :-|

I just made a thread asking because there were a bunch of people announcing that MGS4 was going to come to the 360 like it was a fact. Did I miss something?

no, i just find it annoying(nothing against you) evertime i look at the front page at least two of them are people wanting this game for the xbox.

i am a xbox fanboy, but i don't really care if this game is coming to the xbox. they said they have a xbox exclusive. i am still wondering how this is a exclusive.

i can't believe people are still starting threads like this. the man himself has said no, and the game mocks the 360. i think it's case closed.

art is the excrement of culture

MontanaHatchet said:
thekitchensink said:
What Ari_Gold said. Also, don't forget that the Gamecube got its own versions of MGS and MGS2, and the Xbox got the updated MGS2. Just saying it's not out of the question, not that I care since I already have the game on PS3.

He's wrong even more because (and I forgot to mention this), the series he mentioned lost "exclusivity" before they were even released. This game has been out for nearly a year now. Also, those were remakes instead of ports, and I don't think Konami was too happy about the performance of the Xbox version (not sure about Gamecube versions).

True.  The only notable thing about the multiplat nature of RE5 is that it's appearing on Xbox for the first time, not that it's going to a non-Playstation system.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

I doubt will...

Would it even sell enough to cover porting costs after a year for a game that Kojima himself said was highly optimized for a system that uses very different architecture??

Coming to X360 were achievements are a must yet Konami hasn't even updated the main version with trophies??

Removing all the PS3 references??? :
DS3 controlling The Mark II/III
BD size reference in codec call from Otocon
Sunny's PSP that she plays alot and her Gun Metal PS3 that's in her room from time to time??

4 ≈ One

ergh because they will get double the profits on the 360 version

low cost due to being a cheap ass port (as gebx said) + sales of 2 million = $$$

Maybe we should all just wait until E3 to see what will happen. Someone will be wrong.

MontanaHatchet said:
Ari_Gold said:
because sony has lost all of its third party exclusives from last gen: FF, RE, DMC, GTA.

Final Fantasy wasn't exclusive (GBA games and I'm pretty sure there was a GC Final Fantasy game). Neither was RE (games on Gamecube) or GTA (San Andreas and possibly some other games on Xbox, not counting PC versions). I know you like to troll, but at least get it right lest you give a bad name to your fellow trolls.

Soriku: Yeah, I know people think they're hilarious, but anyone who actually wants something to happen for the sake of seeing people have meltdowns is probably just a jerk (and I'm saying that nicely).

Neither were MGS games... when you count the sustinence versions.

Ari_Gold said:

FF has been on the GBA and I'm pretty sure the GameCube.

You're kidding right???
Posted by The God of War: "Resident Evil? Code Veronica was on the Dreamcast first and RE4 was on the Gamecube first. Not to mention the RE 1 remake and RE0 were exclusive to the Gamecube,"

I'm not sure about GTA3 but GTA:VC/SA both came to the XboX.

DMC3 was on the PC... but we won't count that... Still semi-exclusive.

Did you know abuot MGS:Twin Snakes on the GameCube?? It was a remake of MGS1...

4 ≈ One