By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can anybody tell me why Metal Gear Solid 4 will come to the 360?

ZenfoldorVGI said:
MontanaHatchet said:

I don't really care about whether it happens or not, since I own all three consoles and I think a game like Metal Gear Solid 4 would be awesome with achievements. Rather, this thread was made to ask why so many people think that the event of MGS4 coming to the 360 will actually happen. It doesn't seem any more likely to me than it was months ago (in fact, even less so because the hype for the game has died down). The only reason for this annoying resurgence seems to be, of all things, a Twitter post. I don't need any more reasons to hate that site folks.

Ahh well, I'm just curious if anyone has any reason for believing it or announcing it like fact.

I belive it will, because it is a big budget popular 3rd party exclusive, and eventually, it just makes fiscal sense to make it a multiplat.

I believe there are absolutely no hardware limitations preventing a straight port, also, which means that it would be a very simple thing to do, with a high return on investment.

Cleared it right up, didn't I?

So why isn't that true for a bunch of games that fit your qualifications? Why isn't Left 4 Dead on the PS3? As I remember, it's because the developer wasn't too fond of the PS3's architecture (I could be wrong though). Couldn't there be a similar case with that and the 360/Metal Gear Solid 4?

The basic point of my thread was to ask why there's a sudden resurgence of discussion on it and people are giving me the same reasons that would have been true half a year ago. So to me that tells me most of the recent speculation comes from a Twitter post of all things. Fucking brilliant.

Around the Network

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=361146

GAF to the rescue son, read and you will know all. ;)

MontanaHatchet said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
MontanaHatchet said:

I don't really care about whether it happens or not, since I own all three consoles and I think a game like Metal Gear Solid 4 would be awesome with achievements. Rather, this thread was made to ask why so many people think that the event of MGS4 coming to the 360 will actually happen. It doesn't seem any more likely to me than it was months ago (in fact, even less so because the hype for the game has died down). The only reason for this annoying resurgence seems to be, of all things, a Twitter post. I don't need any more reasons to hate that site folks.

Ahh well, I'm just curious if anyone has any reason for believing it or announcing it like fact.

I belive it will, because it is a big budget popular 3rd party exclusive, and eventually, it just makes fiscal sense to make it a multiplat.

I believe there are absolutely no hardware limitations preventing a straight port, also, which means that it would be a very simple thing to do, with a high return on investment.

So why isn't that true for a bunch of games that fit your qualifications? Why isn't Left 4 Dead on the PS3? As I remember, it's because the developer wasn't too fond of the PS3's architecture (I could be wrong though). Couldn't there be a similar case with that and the 360/Metal Gear Solid 4?

The basic point of my thread was to ask why there's a sudden resurgence of discussion on it and people are giving me the same reasons that would have been true half a year ago. So to me that tells me most of the recent speculation comes from a Twitter post of all things. Fucking brilliant.

Ohhhh....now I get the question. Let me translate for everybody.

"Why are you 360 and PS3 fans such mindless sheep, always believing every random blog that comes your way like it's fucking gospel?"

I've been there. It's frustrating to try and tell people that the "article" they're posting is random blog garbage and not from a respectable source. When people want to believe something, logic is the one thing they can't hear.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

lol.. it'd be pretty funny if they release a extended edition on ps3 only.

Check out my game about moles ^

MGS5 will be announced at E3 for both 36o and PS3 quote me on that

dont have any visions if 4 will come to the 36o at this moment but yeah they need to add trophies to it so i can go out and get it

Play Me

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:
MontanaHatchet said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
MontanaHatchet said:

Ohhhh....now I get the question. Let me translate for everybody.

"Why are you 360 and PS3 fans such mindless sheep, always believing every random blog that comes your way like it's fucking gospel?"

I've been there. It's frustrating to try and tell people that the "article" they're posting is random blog garbage and not from a respectable source. When people want to believe something, logic is the one thing they can't hear.

Dang, I may have got you hooked on using the word "fuck." I just thought it was a good closing line. Although your translation isn't really close to the source material.

RPG said:

A nobody on twitter posted the "MS E3 lineup" and MGS4 on 360 was one of them. I actually believed him until he said he was getting a review copy of "APB" which was absolute bullshit.

So is MGS4 coming to 360? I say

I'm a chelsea fan but lol

I can't tell you why it would but the reason it should would be the fallout would be hilarious.

You can blow my only suggestion out of the water if you like but when Konami look at the 360 sales in America and realise a significant portion of the gamers in that country are being alienated against their core franchise perhaps they would consider a release if just to help promote future titles.

I seriously don't think many xbox guys realize how much the game pokes fun at the 360. Sure there maybe comments on it in these threads every now and then, but it's everywhere in the game.

It's also littered with apple products. From noami's, otacon, maryl's labtops. Sunny even uses a PSP for like 10 minutes in a scene (not apple but competition product placement). If I remember correctly even naomi's cell phone was an apple...or was it Viao. Hell there's even MacPro and Snake uses an Ipod.

Considering that bill gates doesn't even allow his kids to bring ipods in the house let alone speak of them, I have a feeling a lot of changes would have to take place to edit all of those out. Something I don't think Kojima wants out considering he states he's an apple fan. Don't think gates wants a game that even makes fun of the system you would be playing it on.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

I have MGS4 already, and it's awesome. But look:

-Resident Evil 4

-Final Fantasy 13 (not yet released, of course)

-BioShock

-Street Fighter 2 (SNES)

-Splinter Cell

-Viewtiful Joe

-Metal Gear Solid 2

-Killer 7

That's off the top of my head. These are all heavy hitters and they were all "exclusive". You'd ask the developer, and they'd swear on all that is holy that they weren't being ported.....until, all of a sudden, THEY WERE. Now, I'm not saying MGS4 is going to be ported. Like I said, I already own it. I just want to point out, that it wouldn't be unprecedented. Even if parts, or even entire levels had to be altered, it's been done before.