By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Armin van Buuren: Wii loves trance ..... or else

Wow. The world is a strange place indeed, but trance can be good sometimes.

Around the Network

Yeah, AVB the best dj in the world. i would buy this game without a doubt (maby) I love electronic music and i love armin :D

Go Armin

End of 2011 (made 02/01/11) 
Wii: 99.453 m
Xbox 360: 67.837 m 
Ps 3: 60.726 m

Best Games/Serie of the Generation

ElRhodeo said:
"Best DJ of the world" is such a stupid title... what's a "best DJ"? True, the usual suspects always win those awards - van Buuren, Tiesto, Sasha, Paul van Dyk. http://www.thedjlist.com/
That only proves that Trance is a hugely popular genre (I'll never understand why), not that Trance DJs are any "better" than other DJs.

It's like a "Best Rock band" listing where all winners are country bands...

So is rap... and that's even more unexplainable. Trance, for one, is enjoyable.

Xen said:
ElRhodeo said:
"Best DJ of the world" is such a stupid title... what's a "best DJ"? True, the usual suspects always win those awards - van Buuren, Tiesto, Sasha, Paul van Dyk. http://www.thedjlist.com/
That only proves that Trance is a hugely popular genre (I'll never understand why), not that Trance DJs are any "better" than other DJs.

It's like a "Best Rock band" listing where all winners are country bands...

So is rap... and that's even more unexplainable. Trance, for one, is enjoyable.

Well, let's not argue about taste, it's pointless. So you like Trance, I hate it. No problem.

My point was that these rankings are rubbish, claiming to rank DJs on their quality when all they reflect is the fact that Trance is a heavyweight among electronic music genres. 

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 
ChuckG16 said:
ctk495 said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Who is Armin van Buuren?

This.I don´t know him/her.

lol who is Armin Van Buuren, hes been the top rated dj on djmag.com for two years straight and in the top 5 for 3 years before that as well. voted by trance fans around the world. Armin Van Buuren is pretty famous for having "Armin only" performances where he plays for 9 hours straight.

trance music may not be big over here in the states but overseas is where the trance scence is much bigger.

If you wanna know more of what Armin Van Buuren plays subscribe to his A State of Trance Podcast on iTunes.

Ok.Thanks.

Around the Network

Theres a difference between mainstream commercial trance and good trance. All those Dj's listed mix 2 dimensional crap. Try Infected Mushroom or any goa psy trance and you will change your mind about Tiesto lite crap.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

glow stick wiimote attachment?????????????????????? aciiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

i recently found klass to be better :P

I'm posting this for all the yanks.  This is Trance! (32 million views) :D

Dj Tiesto power mix:

"Traffic" starts around 5:18

Now you know..

GamingChartzFTW said:

I'm posting this for all the yanks  This is Trance ftw!:D

Dj Tiesto power mix:

"Traffic" starts around 5:18

Now you know..

tiesto its even more generic but they the power mix is awesome