By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii misses out again!

Hey, just because you got those games and already beating them doesn't mean that you don't want to play them again, right? you bought those games for replay-ability, didn't you? That's what I'm doing and I'm not seeing myself stopping anytime soon... But untill then, I'm just waiting for the 3rd-party devs to step it up! Besides, I'm actually looking forward the NFS: Nitro game and I'm hoping it has the same or better quality as/than Hot Pursuit 2 on the PS2.

Graves said:
 I'm sure those are/will be fine games but the Wii is best for casual gamers. I need games that offer more immersive game play. That's a huge reason why people buy HD consoles.

I'm sorry to point out that the immersive game play you said has a ton of variety on all the console, especially on the Wii (minus the mini-based games).But when you mention the HD console you meant primarly the shooting based and realistic games, am I right? If that's the case, then yes they would go for the HD ones.

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!
Around the Network

the more games that the wii miss out on the better, them faggots don't deserve quality games, fucking aids ridden faggeots should be shot!!!

Blah Superheroes are lame anyway. I wouldnt play it, but I've also not bothered to see any XMen movies etc etc and only saw Batman movies because my friends dragged me to see them.

mowe said:

OK.

Gears of War - 5.88m
Assassin's Creed (360) - 4.49m
Resistance - 3.59m
Assassin's Creed (PS3) - 3.36m
Uncharted - 2.34m
Bioshock - 2.16m
Left 4 Dead - 2.16m
Mass Effect - 2.04m
Saint's Row - 1.94m
Lost Planet - 1.77m
Dead Rising - 1.65m
Crackdown - 1.49m
Army of Two - 1.46m
Heavenly Sword -1.36m

All those were new, mature IP's that enjoyed a good amount of sales success. I'd say this proves that even mediocre games like Heavenly Sword can be successful on HD consoles.

Now I want you to find me about that many Wii games that are new IP's and are mature games and sold reasonably well.

Those stats (or lack thereof) are what I use to form my opinion that the Wii has not proved itself as a viable mature gaming platform, in comparison to the HD consoles. I think developers also take this into consideration when deciding which platforms to design their game for, leading to what I believe is a lack of new mature games on Wii. Maybe my thinking is wrong here, but I honestly would love to be proven wrong.

Owned

Mr.Y said:
Graves said:

Meh... not my style. Perhaps they will port Oblivion, Fallout 3, Fable, and Mass Effect for the Wii. *fingers crossed*

Recently I've been playing a lot of RTS on my 360. C&C series and Halo Wars. Wii offer anything in that genre?

I guess if you count Overlord, Pikmin, or Little King's Story as RTS.

Blizzard is working on a Wii game, although there has been no word on what it is.

Once again not my style. In regards to Overlord, we don't even know if it will be a step up or down compared to the HD releases.

Perhaps Blizzard can pump out something that grabs my interest. But its also a possibility that they'll play it safe and make some sort family game.

Around the Network

@ TripleMMM

I'm not quite sure what you're saying.

I don't want to put words in your mouth so I'll let you rephrase if you want.

double post

mowe said:
Yeah, this happens ALL the time. Until Wii proves itself as a viable hardcore gaming platform, great games will keep going HD exclusive.

I agree.

However, I'd also agree with this statement: "Until the great games start coming to the Wii, the Wii will never prove itself as a viable hardcore gaming platform."

And thus, the vicious cycle goes on. This shows how hard it is to break out of negative feedback cycles: even when you own 50% of the market and are crushing your competition on a financial basis, it's still near impossible to break out of.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Graves said:
@ TripleMMM

I'm not quite sure what you're saying.

I don't want to put words in your mouth so I'll let you rephrase if you want.

Guess I wrote what I only understand. :p

Maybe I should ask you this, what's your definition of immersive game play?

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!
naruto3336 said:
iF you are a hardcore fan then here is the list:

MadWorld
House of the Dead: Overkill
No More Heroes
Call of Duty: World at War

Here is the list of games to track before release:

The Conduit
Monster Hunter 3
Sin and Punishment 2 (Nintendo)
Assassin's Creed 2
Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles
Dead Space: Extraction

As you can see there are a lot of games on the Wii that appeal to hardcore fans. If you want to ask anything about hardcore please feel free to ask me.

When was this announced for the wii?