By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii misses out again!

By the way, there's a possibility Prototype may be coming to Wii, anyway: http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/13/radical-job-listings-might-hint-at-prototype-port/

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network
dahuman said:

I'm not sure what you mean by snap, I already knew you are the same type of gamer as Esa so your posts made no sense especially on the RTS part, and instead of simply answering the questions, you just kept dodging because there was no real answer for you, not like it's hard to figure out. If you are a PC gamer, the solution is simple, sell the 360 copy, get the PC version, and console RTS sucks, I don't even know why you are playing those crap. You will also never enjoy the Wii, there is no reason to even really post here.

edit: that's not Nintendo, that's 3rd party's problem.

What sense can I make about RTS games on a console? The control isn't ideal for you but I find them easy to play and enjoyable. No reason to cry about it. And at least the Xbox 360 gives me the option to play a lot of games also available on the PC. Many of those games probably make their best profits on consoles thanks to piracy being rampant on the PC.

I used to own a Wii by the way. It was kind of like my Gamecube. I sold both and bought 360 stuff. Best decision ever!

Also the last thing you said. "that's not Nintendo, that's 3rd party's problem." Well if 3rd party companies aren't putting their best or even good games on the Wii that's more of a reason for me not to care about the Wii.

Graves said:
dahuman said:

I'm not sure what you mean by snap, I already knew you are the same type of gamer as Esa so your posts made no sense especially on the RTS part, and instead of simply answering the questions, you just kept dodging because there was no real answer for you, not like it's hard to figure out. If you are a PC gamer, the solution is simple, sell the 360 copy, get the PC version, and console RTS sucks, I don't even know why you are playing those crap. You will also never enjoy the Wii, there is no reason to even really post here.

What sense can I make about RTS games on a console? The control isn't ideal for you but I find them easy to play and enjoyable. No reason to cry about it. And at least the Xbox 360 gives me the option to play a lot of games also available on the PC. Many of those games probably make their best profits on consoles thanks to piracy being rampant on the PC.

I used to own a Wii by the way. It was kind of like my Gamecube. I sold both and bought 360 stuff. Best decision ever!

Also the last thing you said. "that's not Nintendo, that's 3rd party's problem." Well if 3rd party companies aren't putting their best or even good games on the Wii that's more of a reason for me not to care about the Wii.

So when was the last time you actually tried a Wii game?

Graves said:
dahuman said:

actually it all started when you said you wanted depth, which is funny since you are now saying you want easy to play when it doesn't offer any real depth compared to PC RTS, and since when did we ever talk about profit or piracy? I sure as hell don't remember it, stop bring in random stuff. You said depth, well, PC games have more depth, you want graphics and your flavor of innovation, PC has better on both. The strange thing is that you already know it too.

hence I said, you will never enjoy the Wii, I already know what games you like, which is fine, each person has a different taste, some will prefer one over another, some will like or try everything at least once or twice, not a big deal. I'm glad you like your decision, we are in a recession, not everybody can afford everything or keep waiting, yours is only a logical one.

well, luckily that's changing, a little late because nobody predicted Wii would do so well but at least it's changing, HD dev has already killed so many decent companies and devs by now, it's heart breaking, Factor 5 is officially closed just because they tried making HD games, it's a real shame.

thekitchensink said:
By the way, there's a possibility Prototype may be coming to Wii, anyway: http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/13/radical-job-listings-might-hint-at-prototype-port/

pass, PC plx lol.

Around the Network
dahuman said:
thekitchensink said:

pass, PC plx lol.

Not that you care, but I was responding to the OP who said that the Wii had no comparable superhero open-world game coming out.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

I think crystal bearers very much qualifies as a game of that kind, I'd be worried about how prototype would look on Wii since it wasn't designed with Wii in mind, would be a bad port most likely.

dahuman said:
Graves said:
dahuman said:

actually it all started when you said you wanted depth, which is funny since you are now saying you want easy to play when it doesn't offer any real depth compared to PC RTS, and since when did we ever talk about profit or piracy? I sure as hell don't remember it, stop bring in random stuff. You said depth, well, PC games have more depth, you want graphics and your flavor of innovation, PC has better on both. The strange thing is that you already know it too.

hence I said, you will never enjoy the Wii, I already know what games you like, which is fine, each person has a different taste, some will prefer one over another, some will like or try everything at least once or twice, not a big deal. I'm glad you like your decision, we are in a recession, not everybody can afford everything or keep waiting, yours is only a logical one.

well, luckily that's changing, a little late because nobody predicted Wii would do so well but at least it's changing, HD dev has already killed so many decent companies and devs by now, it's heart breaking, Factor 5 is officially closed just because they tried making HD games, it's a real shame.

For the sake of ending this discussion lets wrap it up on that note.

I'm just trying to say I understand where you are coming from but you tend to be a little extreme lol, but yeah lets end it.

dahuman said:
I think crystal bearers very much qualifies as a game of that kind, I'd be worried about how prototype would look on Wii since it wasn't designed with Wii in mind, would be a bad port most likely.

Ah, fair enough

It's still a point of interest for the topic, though, as the basis for the OP's argument is that the Wii isn't getting the game.