By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii misses out again!

sethnintendo said:

@ Valkyria00 Yea, I didn't realize it was joke post till I saw sig and saw your games. I am a little slow today it seems. I've just grown accustomed to PS fanboys the past few weeks. I have to admit your Wii is crap. PS3 is the future comment was pretty damn accurate of what a PS fanboy would say.

Lol yea. Just gotta learn to ignore em. I finally am. All fanboys though not just Sony.

I dont care if you prefer Sony or MS because I prefer Nintendo (not that I dont want a 360/PS3 ) just you know be fucking realistic.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
rckrz6 said:
although the wii has a huge market share, it will never really have mainstream games

I know right, because Wii Sports and Wii Fit and Mario and Zelda and SSB and Dragon Quest and whatever else is totally not mainstream.

Anyway, is it me or is today more trollish than before?

Stop it dood! Just stop it. Unless you enjoy it then keep going I guess....no stop it!

rckrz6 said:
Soriku said:
rckrz6 said:
although the wii has a huge market share, it will never really have mainstream games

I know right, because Wii Sports and Wii Fit and Mario and Zelda and SSB and Dragon Quest and whatever else is totally not mainstream.

Anyway, is it me or is today more trollish than before?

nintendo games aren't mainstream. there only made for nintendo. im talking multiplatform

I thought the definition of mainstream is to be widely accepted by the audience. But you are saying that a game sells less on HD consoles is more mainstream than another game that's selling more on a Nintendo console. Mabe I got the definition wrong.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

BHR-3 said:
bazmeistergen said:
BHR-3 said:
agreed and it s not just super hero sandboxes the wiis missing out on i just dont get why the wii has sold so much HW yet, i guess wii owners just like go kart racing and exercising games just look how bad X men Origins did on its opening week compared to the HDs

@norlead wat about Fight Night Rd4 for the HDs its looking like it will be the best boxing game ever

Do you purposely write such childish comments? I mean, you really think there's only karting and fitness? It's a bit stupid really. Just enjoy your own games and stop with the pointless aghast and ignorant comments. It would be nice to see something intelligent from your keyboard instead of misinformed and glib posts that I see everywhere.

There's so many genres on the Wii that appeal to lots of different people. This is why it sells.

wheres the childish comments in that post the wii is missing alot of genres that the HDs have besides sandboxs wheres the TPS, Sandbox, Racing with real licensed cars and other i wont get into in my opinion thats y i think everybodys buying one only to play its 1st party games and right now its current top selling is a go kart racing game and a exersicing game

how am i misinformed go look at the weekly charts all wiis tops selling games are kart and fit and sports that comes wit it wenever theres a game thats a multi plat for all 3 consoles the wiis is the worst selling i used X men as a ex. there are many others about 98% of multis all sell better on consoles that have less user base than the wiis Y is this?

i think the wiis libary appeals to a certain group of people not everybody while the HDs libary has multiple good games in every genre that soounds like a console thats 4 every1 to me

also the wii misses out on another thing the HDs get good games like Gears Uncharted MGS Halo KZ GTA Dead Rising Mass Effect COD Moderen Warfare and others see 2 or 3 or more sequels per gen while Nentendo recently only releases 1 Kart 1 SSBB 1 Mario 1 Zelda per gen

Galaxy, Zelda, and Metriod where relesed years ago no sequels by now are these games 1 and done? also i think and history shows us that the Wii wont see sequels to SSBB or Kart

"It would be nice to see something intelligent from your keyboard instead of misinformed and glib posts that I see everywhere."  if u dont like my posts dont read them u have a choice

It is obvious that you are quite a young person.

Sometimes you have to respond to daft posts, not out of anger or annoyance - I'm far too old for that - but to set the record straight. I wonder if you really consider what you are typing. For example, it is childish and ignorant to suggest that the Wii gamers only play Kart and Fitness games. They are overwhelmingly massive sellers, for sure, but that doesn't mean there aren't plenty of other popular genres on the console. 

I should also like to point out that I didn't call YOU ignorant or childish, but many of your posts. It's like you have an agenda that blinds you to the complexity of the market. There's room for debate, of course, but you need to be a little more nuanced in your approach if you don't want people to come back with fairly abusive comments. If you do, continue with your style of posting and continue to receive flames and swift put-downs. I'd suggest acknowledging your mistakes in your message (others have already pointed to flaws in your comments) and then try to think out what you type before typing it.

I think that what people call the 'core' audience on HD systems is more complex and casual than people tend to say. For example, in the UK the main demographic for Halo-like games are casual gamers between 14-30. At the school where I work many students have 360s but don't play them frequently, but they do play Halo (amongst others). There are obvious committed gamers in that group, but many of them only buy a few games a year. Obviously, this is a different casual demographic than the Wii version, which is slightly more fractured across game genre, gender and age range.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

There are a few reasons

1. The Wii is weaker the the HD twins. 3D parties have gotten to use to putting the same game on multiple consoles. The reason is becuase hardcore gaming has deminished profit margins due to increasing cost and fewer gamers. They can't port a Wii game well, so it either becomes terrible (and people wont buy it) or one isn't made
  2. They can't use the system well. It is either they can't utilize the controller or they are uncreative. For the latter, they have to have a strong system to tell their narrative that the same game suffers unless it has amazing graphics. Basically, these developers are style over substance. The Wii demands NES/Arcade-like games. These developers are not creative enough to do that.
  3. Third parties do not want the Wii to win. They do not to support it. They are, for the most part, hardcore themselves. The Wii is not hardcore. It is expanded audience. So rather then make a bridge game, they support the HD twins. If they do make a Wii game, it is done by their trird or fourth string team. This is starting to backfire. More third parties are realizing they have to support the Wii if they are to grow.

Around the Network
mowe said:
Yeah, this happens ALL the time. Until Wii proves itself as a viable hardcore gaming platform, great games will keep going HD exclusive.

Disregard all the Nintendo franchises that had been a hit, as developers say "Only Nintnedo games sell on Nintendo consoles".  How can a console proove itself i fno one released a REAL AAA game to test the waters, So far there has been shit fuck all good. It has either been low budget cash in or a cheap port from xbox/ps2.

Also look at the AAA ports that have come to Wii, RE4 has sold well, better then the on-rails crap UC, and it is a 4th port of the damn game.

bazmeistergen said:
BHR-3 said:
bazmeistergen said:
BHR-3 said:
agreed and it s not just super hero sandboxes the wiis missing out on i just dont get why the wii has sold so much HW yet, i guess wii owners just like go kart racing and exercising games just look how bad X men Origins did on its opening week compared to the HDs

@norlead wat about Fight Night Rd4 for the HDs its looking like it will be the best boxing game ever

Do you purposely write such childish comments? I mean, you really think there's only karting and fitness? It's a bit stupid really. Just enjoy your own games and stop with the pointless aghast and ignorant comments. It would be nice to see something intelligent from your keyboard instead of misinformed and glib posts that I see everywhere.

There's so many genres on the Wii that appeal to lots of different people. This is why it sells.

wheres the childish comments in that post the wii is missing alot of genres that the HDs have besides sandboxs wheres the TPS, Sandbox, Racing with real licensed cars and other i wont get into in my opinion thats y i think everybodys buying one only to play its 1st party games and right now its current top selling is a go kart racing game and a exersicing game

how am i misinformed go look at the weekly charts all wiis tops selling games are kart and fit and sports that comes wit it wenever theres a game thats a multi plat for all 3 consoles the wiis is the worst selling i used X men as a ex. there are many others about 98% of multis all sell better on consoles that have less user base than the wiis Y is this?

i think the wiis libary appeals to a certain group of people not everybody while the HDs libary has multiple good games in every genre that soounds like a console thats 4 every1 to me

also the wii misses out on another thing the HDs get good games like Gears Uncharted MGS Halo KZ GTA Dead Rising Mass Effect COD Moderen Warfare and others see 2 or 3 or more sequels per gen while Nentendo recently only releases 1 Kart 1 SSBB 1 Mario 1 Zelda per gen

Galaxy, Zelda, and Metriod where relesed years ago no sequels by now are these games 1 and done? also i think and history shows us that the Wii wont see sequels to SSBB or Kart

"It would be nice to see something intelligent from your keyboard instead of misinformed and glib posts that I see everywhere."  if u dont like my posts dont read them u have a choice

Sometimes you have to respond to daft posts, not out of anger or annoyance - I'm far too old for that - but to set the record straight. I wonder if you really consider what you are typing. For example, it is childish and ignorant to suggest that the Wii gamers only play Kart and Fitness games. They are overwhelmingly massive sellers, for sure, but that doesn't mean there aren't plenty of other popular genres on the console. 

I should also like to point out that I didn't call YOU ignorant or childish, but many of your posts. It's like you have an agenda that blinds you to the complexity of the market. There's room for debate, of course, but you need to be a little more nuanced in your approach if you don't want people to come back with fairly abusive comments. If you do, continue with your style of posting and continue to receive flames and swift put-downs. I'd suggest acknowledging your mistakes in your message (others have already pointed to flaws in your comments) and then try to think out what you type before typing it.

I think that what people call the 'core' audience on HD systems is more complex and casual than people tend to say. For example, in the UK the main demographic for Halo-like games are casual gamers between 14-30. At the school where I work many students have 360s but don't play them frequently, but they do play Halo (amongst others). There are obvious committed gamers in that group, but many of them only buy a few games a year. Obviously, this is a different casual demographic than the Wii version, which is slightly more fractured across game genre, gender and age range.

u could be write about me putting down the wii in a childish and ignorant way ill admit that maybe iam a bit ignorant about the Wii and everything that it represents but ill never lie in my posts ill post how i feel about the situation on hand regardless if it sounds silly or ignorant  thats me a ignorant person but i ll never lie about it

u may think im young but ill tell u that im old enough to know that Nintendo is not and never will be for me

Play Me

And I am old enough to know that Nintendo is a Godsend to the video game industry.

BHR-3 said:
bazmeistergen said:
BHR-3 said:
bazmeistergen said:
BHR-3 said:

u could be write about me putting down the wii in a childish and ignorant way ill admit that maybe iam a bit ignorant about the Wii and everything that it represents but ill never lie in my posts ill post how i feel about the situation on hand regardless if it sounds silly or ignorant  thats me a ignorant person but i ll never lie about it

u may think im young but ill tell u that im old enough to know that Nintendo is not and never will be for me

That, of course, is your decision.

I think its a closed-minded emotional reaction, but it's still your choice.

Most of the posters on here will not doubt that you say how and what you feel. That is what is being criticised, I reckon. It makes your comments a little irrational.

Anyway, I don't mean to get at you so... smile!

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

Alacrist said:

I was just looking at videos for Infamous and Prototype, both games look amazing and i plan to get both but, where is the Wii's superhero snadbox game?????? I have all 3 systems now but at my core i'm a hardcore Nintendo fan. Such a shame i haven't played my Wii in months.