By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii misses out again!

mowe said:
sethnintendo said:
mowe said:
Yeah, this happens ALL the time. Until Wii proves itself as a viable hardcore gaming platform, great games will keep going HD exclusive.

This statement hardly makes any sense at all.  One can play Animal Crossing hardcore/more than someone can play any other game.  Great games going to HD exclusive??  More like most developers don't care to build an engine for the Wii and just shits out 2 copies of the game on PS3/360.  I challenge you any of your HD game playtime hours to my Animal Crossing playtime hours.  Shit, I know some people in their 40s/50s that play that game 6-12 hours a day.  If that isn't hardcore then nothing is.

You're right, let me rephrase that. The Wii hasn't proven itself as a MATURE gaming platform. Games LIKE COD4, Gears of War/Resistance, Infamous/Prototype, Prince of Persia, MGS4, God of War, etc. Why would developers bother putting out mature games on the Wii when barely any new IP's have hardly had the kind of success seen on the HD consoles.

How about we rephrase what a "Mature" game is, so that the word makes sense?  Mature HAS TO STOP being synonymous with gore and sex and R-Rated or worse.  Mature means appealing to adults, not the material is seen as questionable for kids.

And a MAJOR reason why some titles are HD only is because the Wii isn't technically able to handle them.  There are things the Wii does well.  There are things it doesn't.

Around the Network
richardhutnik said:
Isn't Animal Crossing a Sandbox game? You can do a lot of things in it. A Sandbox game doesn't automatically mean you do drive-by shootings, or crime or mayhem like that.

I always considered Animal Crossing a "sim" game, unless you want to count The Sims as a sandbox game too, cause don't they sort of play the same?

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Carl2291 said:
Wii dosent sell mature games well enough...

*points at Mad World*

Remind me again what is mature about MadWorld.  Or, at least mature about the advertising for MadWorld.  If it is something like "Running Man" I certainly didn't get it out of the advertising.  How about MadWorld is a full-priced game that is VERY short?

nordlead said:
richardhutnik said:
Isn't Animal Crossing a Sandbox game? You can do a lot of things in it. A Sandbox game doesn't automatically mean you do drive-by shootings, or crime or mayhem like that.

I always considered Animal Crossing a "sim" game, unless you want to count The Sims as a sandbox game too, cause don't they sort of play the same?

I view The Sims as a sandbox game, which happens to provide some simulating under the covers.  I can argue a game like Simcity was on the whole "Sandbox" thing LONG before Grand Theft Auto came along, and seems to have got people thinking that "Sandbox" means doing mayhem.  A Sandbox, as I understand it, is an open-ended game where you set your own goals, and have freedom to explore and do things you like, and seeing how the world responds.  "God Games" seem to fit this description also.  Just the view you take is higher up.  The Sims dropped it down to the character level.

BHR-3 said:
naruto3336 said:
iF you are a hardcore fan then here is the list:

MadWorld
House of the Dead: Overkill
No More Heroes
Call of Duty: World at War

Here is the list of games to track before release:

The Conduit
Monster Hunter 3
Sin and Punishment 2 (Nintendo)
Assassin's Creed 2
Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles
Dead Space: Extraction

As you can see there are a lot of games on the Wii that appeal to hardcore fans. If you want to ask anything about hardcore please feel free to ask me.

is that all?

MadWorld gets a 81 from meta critic

House of the Dead: Overkill gets a 79 from meta critic and is justa on rails shooter

No More Heroes gets a 83 from meta critic

Call of Duty: World at War gets a 83 from meta critic and is viewed as 1 of the worst CODs wheres Moderen Warfare or MW2?

Assassin's Creed 2 its just rumored and the 1st one wasnt to hot and was only on the HDs

Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles
Dead Space: Extraction

more on rails shooters been there done that wit time crisis for the ps1 ps2 back in the day

I did not say that they got really good scores. I only look at sites like IGN and Gametrailers for scores. Madworld - 9.0 from IGN. Madworld - 8.5 from Gametrailers. Assasin's Creed is announced as "being on all current gen systems". That includes the Wii.

If you say you have played on rails shooters before, dont you also mean that every game on ps360 is the same genre as games released before? Give me 5 rails shooters on 360 or PS3. That's right, you got none...

Modern Warfare 2 might actually be on the Wii. The worst CoD is CoD3. World at War got 9.2/10 on HD versions and Wii one got 8/10 from IGN. That is definitely not the worst one.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WII is the FUTURE GAMING!

Around the Network
Alacrist said:

I was just looking at videos for Infamous and Prototype, both games look amazing and i plan to get both but, where is the Wii's superhero snadbox game?????? I have all 3 systems now but at my core i'm a hardcore Nintendo fan. Such a shame i haven't played my Wii in months. 

if you like games on PS3 or 360, buy the games and play them on it. If you don't like the games on Wii, sell it.

What does "a hardcor Nintendo fan" actually mean? Also, I don't know how a game can be judged by watching the videos...

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

BHR-3 said:
agreed and it s not just super hero sandboxes the wiis missing out on i just dont get why the wii has sold so much HW yet, i guess wii owners just like go kart racing and exercising games just look how bad X men Origins did on its opening week compared to the HDs

@norlead wat about Fight Night Rd4 for the HDs its looking like it will be the best boxing game ever

Do you purposely write such childish comments? I mean, you really think there's only karting and fitness? It's a bit stupid really. Just enjoy your own games and stop with the pointless aghast and ignorant comments. It would be nice to see something intelligent from your keyboard instead of misinformed and glib posts that I see everywhere.

There's so many genres on the Wii that appeal to lots of different people. This is why it sells.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

bazmeistergen said:
BHR-3 said:
agreed and it s not just super hero sandboxes the wiis missing out on i just dont get why the wii has sold so much HW yet, i guess wii owners just like go kart racing and exercising games just look how bad X men Origins did on its opening week compared to the HDs

@norlead wat about Fight Night Rd4 for the HDs its looking like it will be the best boxing game ever

Do you purposely write such childish comments? I mean, you really think there's only karting and fitness? It's a bit stupid really. Just enjoy your own games and stop with the pointless aghast and ignorant comments. It would be nice to see something intelligent from your keyboard instead of misinformed and glib posts that I see everywhere.

There's so many genres on the Wii that appeal to lots of different people. This is why it sells.

wheres the childish comments in that post the wii is missing alot of genres that the HDs have besides sandboxs wheres the TPS, Sandbox, Racing with real licensed cars and other i wont get into in my opinion thats y i think everybodys buying one only to play its 1st party games and right now its current top selling is a go kart racing game and a exersicing game

how am i misinformed go look at the weekly charts all wiis tops selling games are kart and fit and sports that comes wit it wenever theres a game thats a multi plat for all 3 consoles the wiis is the worst selling i used X men as a ex. there are many others about 98% of multis all sell better on consoles that have less user base than the wiis Y is this?

i think the wiis libary appeals to a certain group of people not everybody while the HDs libary has multiple good games in every genre that soounds like a console thats 4 every1 to me

also the wii misses out on another thing the HDs get good games like Gears Uncharted MGS Halo KZ GTA Dead Rising Mass Effect COD Moderen Warfare and others see 2 or 3 or more sequels per gen while Nentendo recently only releases 1 Kart 1 SSBB 1 Mario 1 Zelda per gen

Galaxy, Zelda, and Metriod where relesed years ago no sequels by now are these games 1 and done? also i think and history shows us that the Wii wont see sequels to SSBB or Kart

"It would be nice to see something intelligent from your keyboard instead of misinformed and glib posts that I see everywhere."  if u dont like my posts dont read them u have a choice

Play Me

Ever heard of Shaun White Snowboarding, Tiger Woods or Guitar Hero (3, World Tour, Metallica)?

Soriku said:
BHR-3 said:
bazmeistergen said:
BHR-3 said:

wheres the childish comments in that post the wii is missing alot of genres that the HDs have besides sandboxs wheres the TPS, Sandbox, Racing with real licensed cars and other i wont get into in my opinion thats y i think everybodys buying one only to play its 1st party games and right now its current top selling is a go kart racing game and a exersicing game

how am i misinformed go look at the weekly charts all wiis tops selling games are kart and fit and sports that comes wit it wenever theres a game thats a multi plat for all 3 consoles the wiis is the worst selling i used X men as a ex. there are many others about 98% of multis all sell better on consoles that have less user base than the wiis Y is this?

i think the wii libary appeals to a certain group of people not everybody while the HDs libary has multiple good games in every genre that soounds like a console thats 4 every1 to me

also the wii misses out on another thing the HDs get good games like Gears Uncharted MGS Halo KZ GTA Dead Rising Mass Effect COD Moderen Warfare and others see 2 or 3 or more sequels per gen while Nentendo recently only releases 1 Kart 1 SSBB 1 Mario 1 Zelda per gen

"It would be nice to see something intelligent from your keyboard instead of misinformed and glib posts that I see everywhere."  if u dont like my posts dont read them u have a choice

Yay, let's cherry pick and look only at the top 10 and ignore everything else!

If I look at the top 10 for the HD consoles all I can see is mainly shooters games, sports games, and movie games.

I guess that's all they can sell too, right?

Also I'm loving how you list games like MGS or GTA or Dead Rising or Mass Effect or CoD which are all third party games and list only Nintendo sequels. You haven't even listed most of the first party games from Nintendo. What about Fire Emblem? Metroid? Animal Crossing? Wii Sports? etc.

What about third party sequels? Tales? Fatal Frame? Dragon Quest? No More Heroes? Monster Hunter? Red Steel? etc.

Um gears halo im pretty sure therell be a sequel 2 KZ2

yeah ur right they make sequels to some games but the top selling games like SSBB galaxy kart Zelda metriod y no sequels for these yet?

Play Me