By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii misses out again!

Naruto, I am not saying that there are no hardcore Wii games. What I am saying is that the few games that we do have (and you can take Overkill and Word at War off the list because they are not new IP's) have not sold nearly well enough compared to similar games on the HD consoles.

I know there are good mature games on Wii, believe me. I also know that there are exponentially more of those games on the HD consoles AND they have good sales. Which causes a chain reaction to make more developers design games for HD instead of Wii. Which is why games like Infamous and Prototype are not on the Wii.

# of games above 75 on Metacritic (including downloadable):

360: 241     DS: 144

PS3: 152     PSP: 126

Wii: 85

Around the Network

Yawn here we go again....

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

So just because 2 companies have superheroes sandbox games, every single console has to have one??? I'm sorry that's similar to Hollywood's garbage (Oh look those LOTR movies were successful, let's make a bunch of crappy related fantasy epic tales)

agreed and it s not just super hero sandboxes the wiis missing out on i just dont get why the wii has sold so much HW yet, i guess wii owners just like go kart racing and exercising games just look how bad X men Origins did on its opening week compared to the HDs

@norlead wat about Fight Night Rd4 for the HDs its looking like it will be the best boxing game ever

Play Me

naruto3336 said:
iF you are a hardcore fan then here is the list:

MadWorld
House of the Dead: Overkill
No More Heroes
Call of Duty: World at War

Here is the list of games to track before release:

The Conduit
Monster Hunter 3
Sin and Punishment 2 (Nintendo)
Assassin's Creed 2
Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles
Dead Space: Extraction

As you can see there are a lot of games on the Wii that appeal to hardcore fans. If you want to ask anything about hardcore please feel free to ask me.

is that all?

MadWorld gets a 81 from meta critic

House of the Dead: Overkill gets a 79 from meta critic and is justa on rails shooter

No More Heroes gets a 83 from meta critic

Call of Duty: World at War gets a 83 from meta critic and is viewed as 1 of the worst CODs wheres Moderen Warfare or MW2?

Assassin's Creed 2 its just rumored and the 1st one wasnt to hot and was only on the HDs

Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles
Dead Space: Extraction

more on rails shooters been there done that wit time crisis for the ps1 ps2 back in the day

Play Me

Around the Network

Maybe it´s because the Wii version of Wolverine is by far the worst of the bunch? A piece of crap compared to the others, developed by lazy monkeys.

BHR-3 said:
agreed and it s not just super hero sandboxes the wiis missing out on i just dont get why the wii has sold so much HW yet, i guess wii owners just like go kart racing and exercising games just look how bad X men Origins did on its opening week compared to the HDs

@norlead wat about Fight Night Rd4 for the HDs its looking like it will be the best boxing game ever

Punch-Out!! is not your typical boxing game, and is not meant to be realistic. I didn't say you couldn't find boxing games at all. So in Fight Night do the oponents have super moves that you can counter with perfect timing to make them hit the mat? Do you fight Hippos with huge mouths?

Punch-Out!! is a dodge/counter attack timing based game, where blocking is useless, superpowers are plenty, and you only have 4 punches plus a knock-out punch. Punching the crap out of a guy won't get you very far, but countering their special moves will get you the fastest KO's possible.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Wii doesn't get games from the booming superhero snadbox genre because Wii doesn't sell hardcore mature titles. And by hardcore mature titles I mean immature mainstream titles chosen of my sole discretion. If there are any corresponding titles on the Wii, they automatically don't count so don't bother arguing with me, I'll move goal posts fast enough to give you whiplash.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:
Wii doesn't get games from the booming superhero snadbox genre because Wii doesn't sell hardcore mature titles. And by hardcore mature titles I mean immature mainstream titles chosen of my sole discretion. If there are any corresponding titles on the Wii, they automatically don't count so don't bother arguing with me, I'll move goal posts fast enough to give you whiplash.

sounds about right claude

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Isn't Animal Crossing a Sandbox game? You can do a lot of things in it. A Sandbox game doesn't automatically mean you do drive-by shootings, or crime or mayhem like that.