By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The conduit to outsell killzone 2?

AdventWolf said:
Possibly, there are almost 50 million Wiis out there! If I still had my Wii then I would be all over this game. You can't deny that it looks promising. The Wii sells games easy and even though this is a shooter, it looks pretty user friendly.

Well you have to look at sales trends on the Wii. It seems the best selling games are already big franchises, party related, or from Nintendo. Personally I'm not impressed by it as it looks like a run of the mill sci-fi FPS. The game doesn't offer splitscreen and online play looks standard at best. I understand Wii fans being excited they MIGHT have a FPS game worth playing but I don't understand the hype.

Around the Network

Yes!

Not only will it outsell Killzone 2, it will go on to outsell the best of the best! HALO 3!

/sarcasm

I would have said not a chance before Killzone 2 released, but KZ2s sales haven't been as amazing as I thought so there's a chance. But Conduit has to get lots of TV commercials, that's an absolute must for it to do really well.
Remember guys, the Conduit isn't Madworld. Madworld was a M rated niche game, The Conduit is a T rated generic FPS, much more potential sales.

"Now, a fun game should always be easy to understand - you should be able to take one look at it and know what you have to do straight away. It should be so well constructed that you can tell at a glance what your goal is and, even if you don’t succeed, you’ll blame yourself rather than the game. Moreover, the people standing around watching the game have also got to be able to enjoy it." - Shiggy

A Koopa's Revenge II gameplay video

Strategyking92 has found a strategy to make both Nintendo and Sony fans angry.

Bravo. :P

I just want to point something out.

Only three games this generation have had more hype than Killzone 2.

MGS4, Halo 3 and GTAIV.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

Normally, I'd say no. But with Killzone 2's sales (which aren't necessarily bad, but far below what it should be for a game that's been in development for so long etc.), it's quite possible.

For everyone going on and on in this thread about how FPSs don't sell on the Wii and all that ... Most FPSs that have actually been released on the Wii, even the ones that are very mediocre (Red Steel) have cracked 1 million, so stop spouting that bullshit around this instant.

burgerstein said:
I would have said not a chance before Killzone 2 released, but KZ2s sales haven't been as amazing as I thought so there's a chance. But Conduit has to get lots of TV commercials, that's an absolute must for it to do really well.
Remember guys, the Conduit isn't Madworld. Madworld was a M rated niche game, The Conduit is a T rated generic FPS, much more potential sales.

Well how long has Killzone 2 been out? About 3 months and it has already hit 1.5+ million. Most games don't even have lifetime sales that high. By the end of the year and after the holiday it should be past 2 million possibly 3 million. Killzone 2 isn't Halo but it's selling exceptionally well.

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Normally, I'd say no. But with Killzone 2's sales (which aren't necessarily bad, but far below what it should be for a game that's been in development for so long etc.), it's quite possible.

For everyone going on and on in this thread about how FPSs don't sell on the Wii and all that ... Most FPSs that have actually been released on the Wii, even the ones that are very mediocre (Red Steel) have cracked 1 million, so stop spouting that bullshit around this instant.

Considering the game has only been out for 3 months what kind of sales are you expecting? It also has the potential to sell millions more.

Red Steel cracked a million because it was a launch title (little selection), advertising, and it seemed like it would utilize the Wii controls in a unique way. The game got mostly bad reviews so you can't say it sold because its a quality title. Call of Duty and Meroid sold well thanks to those already being popular franchises.

The only other FPS games on the Wii are Medal of Honor, Brothers in Arms, Far Cry, Quantum of Solace. All of which have had poor sales. Now take your advice and "stop spouting that bullshit."

Graves said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:

Considering the game has only been out for 3 months what kind of sales are you expecting? It also has the potential to sell millions more.

Red Steel cracked a million because it was a launch title (little selection), advertising, and it seemed like it would utilize the Wii controls in a unique way. The game got mostly bad reviews so you can't say it sold because its a quality title. Call of Duty and Meroid sold well thanks to those already being popular franchises.

The only other FPS games on the Wii are Medal of Honor, Brothers in Arms, Far Cry, Quantum of Solace. All of which have had poor sales. Now take your advice and "stop spouting that bullshit."

LMAO Medal of Honor - PSP game and it shows, Brothers in Arms - a terrible port of a terrible PS2 game with more bugs and slowdown then anything I've ever seen, Far Cry - Where should I start..., and Quantum of Solace - a bad game from a movie series by all rights if the demographic that all Wii owners are casuals that buy name brands and shovelware this game should have sold 2 mil + but it didn't cause people can smell shit.

People that buy FPS games on Wii actually look for something that looks good and unique.  Red Steel looked good enough that people bought it in spite of reviews, the others have been awesome games. 

So stop the bullshit and list good games that sold poorly :P

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Edit - Woah, wierd. It posted with no context.

While I think any of those facts could really give into many sales for the conduit. I don't believe it has the potential to outsell killzone 2. There are many reasons for this, which has already been discussed. But the biggest thing I believe the conduit will do is open up a market for FPS's on the Wii. If it does well. Let's hope it does.

Why must JRPG female leads suck so bad?