By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The conduit to outsell killzone 2?

Eh, it's a possibility. Depending on the degree to which Sega advertises the game, it has a slim chance.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Around the Network

Not even close. The game will certainly be decent, and will appeal to a niche market of Wii owners, but it is not going to have anywhere near the sales that some people are expecting.

It's all about the game.

Squilliam said:
appolose said:
Squilliam said:
appolose said:
NJ5 said:

Another reason why I still have some doubts is that the areas where this game will likely excel (controls mostly, I'm guessing) are the ones which are already done "well enough" by other Wii games.

There's a lot of talk about the graphics but I don't think those make a Wii game a system-seller, the Wii userbase is not that focused on graphics (but of course good graphics always help).

Frankly, I think Conduit's developers focused way too much on graphics, to the detriment of more needed features like split-screen and 16/32-player online.

Bottom line, this game won't be that special unless it's really polished, balanced and the maps are great. Which is doubtful since the game is coming from a mediocre developer.

Still, one can hope, and I do hope this game surpasses my expectations...

I think they were hoping to deliver an experience more equivelent to the HD shooters (no splitscreen or local multiplayer being the norm) and so prove that the Wii is capable of games the 3rd party companies usually hesistate to give the Wii.  Not that I'm saying I prefer graphics to splitscreen or more online players, but I think it was the right choice to go for the so called "hardcore" type of game.  The sequel, I think, would be better off on focusing on getting local multiplayer and more online players than graphics, however.

The HD norm is actually Coop/Split screen. You'll have to go down to the 8th best selling shooter to not have these features and that particular game is the critically acclaimed 96% metacritic Bioshock. So therefore The Conduit shirks these norms.

Really?  I though CoD, KZ2 and a few others were without (although, perhaps it's just the Wii CoD without splitscreen (but I knew that Halo had it)).  Regardless, the point of cutting it out was to emphasize graphical focus, and probably not indicative of lacking developer talent (not that they may not lack it, just that this doesn't show that necessarily).

Yep! I used the Xbox Million sellers list because A. PS3 fans are anti-social loners and B. It saves comparison with silly attempts by Sony to try to release games without Co-op because they are noobs at releasing high selling shooter games.

Yeah, they haven't really got anything big in that genre, have they (I mean, GoW big)?

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz

Don't think so

Add one to The Conduit for me. I'm gonna get it

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

Around the Network
Graves said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Graves said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

Wow so every console has a majority of "childish" titles you've shown the light to us all!  I guess Madden is not childish on the Xbox/360/PS3/PS2 but put it on something like GC and Wii and imagine babyz here we come!

Well aren't you hostile? I remember saying Red Steel was one of the least "childish" games as far as the launch lineup goes. I also said Red Steel's success has a lot to do with it being a launch title.

We both know the Wii is intended for younger demographics but that's not the point of this discussion. Don't respond unless you want to stick to the topic and bring up some sort of valid point.

Hostile? No you've got me all wrong I'm far from hostile and if I were you'd know it.  The thing I see is I show you how the launch line-up wasn't childish with facts, you come back with backing down from that argument and changing to wanting violence.  The thing is for about the first six months to a year after launch Wii had more M rated titles then PS3 and that's also a fact.  So hostile no... I was just trying to show the folly in some asinine logic and stereotype with actual facts.

Please dont respond unless you actually have something right ;) (see I can do it too!)

OT: With the low sales of KZ2 The Conduit has a shot if the hype can be built up outside of the internet and people learn about it.  Do I think it will?  Probably not, hopefully it'll sell a bit more then W@W though.

Well if a game doesn't have mature language, sex, drugs, or violence it's acceptable for a child. Red Steel was probably the most mature of that lineup so it stood out. When I say a game is "childish" I don't mean it can only appeal to a child. Although the Wii has a ton of games intended to appeal to children.

It doesn't matter which console had the most M rated titles during a period of time. M rated titles obviously have more success on HD consoles than the Wii could ever have.

Please don't respond making assumptions of what I'm saying. (you're incapable of understanding my reasoning because you're a raging Wii fanboy!)

Lameass comebacks - 1 Originality and intelligence - 0

I really don't know where to start with this one, I could start with you rebutting your own case, or the lack of any proof you have one way or the other.  The fact is Red Steel didn't appeal cause it was the "most" mature looking game that launched with the system, Call of Duty 3 was a much more mature game but Red Steel had more ads and the previews made it look cool, it's a lot like how The Force Unleashed looks really cool then you play it and realize the lack of depth and length going on, and it sold a million on each console as well. 

The point I'm making is you're basing things on your feelings instead of evidence that proves it, it makes you look ignorant when you do that and even more so when you comeback with the stereotypical fanboy insult.  You obviously don't know what appeals to children or what the Wii's launch software was, and it would be wise to read the list before you make assumptions and make a fool of yourself.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

lilwingman said:
Not even close. The game will certainly be decent, and will appeal to a niche market of Wii owners, but it is not going to have anywhere near the sales that some people are expecting.

So your saying it can't sell more than 1.5 million?

--OkeyDokey-- said:
I don't see it doing any better than the Wii version of World at War. The only exclusive FPS to outsell Call of Duty (post CoD4) on any platform is Halo 3.

That is actually a very good argument...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

No offense to KZ2, but I believe The Conduit will make good money and because of the installed base it can surpass KZ2. The Conduit has that "Goldeneye" feel from the old 64. Despite the shitty graphics, the gameplay looks great. The storyline looks amazing as well.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
No offense to KZ2, but I believe The Conduit will make good money and because of the installed base it can surpass KZ2. The Conduit has that "Goldeneye" feel from the old 64. Despite the shitty graphics, the gameplay looks great. The storyline looks amazing as well.

I wouldn't say shitty graphics the engine is a good one, the artists that make the visuals however yeah... they REALLY need to hire some new artist talent, they could do soooooo much more then that with a nice engine like that.  I mean they could drop some graphics intense stuff if the artists could cover it up and still make it look good then have the game running at 60 frames and have it scale so you can have splitscreen.  Artists don't get nearly enough credit sometimes but when they need new ones it shows...

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000