By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales number are in!

Crisis Core was beat by Pokeyman? Now that I didn't see coming. o_O

What's this Mystery Dungeon game about anyway?

Around the Network
Parokki said:
Crisis Core was beat by Pokeyman? Now that I didn't see coming. o_O

What's this Mystery Dungeon game about anyway?

Man who knows. CC deserved #1. I cant believe how it dropped off. It sold 350k first day and only 120k for the rest of the week? But Pokemon sold less first day and just erupted over the weekend. Insanity. Now the used copies will hit. CC came in lower than MHP2 and will struggle to get near a million.

CC sales arent that spectacular ( still beats Crystal Chronicle ) , but the PSP could actually beat the DS ... now that is a pleasent surprise :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Machina-AX said:
Is Wii out of stock in Japan or are sales genuinely slowing down?

has to be a slowdown as the DS shouldnt be having a shortage yet its selling "poorly" compared to it's usual numbers. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

^^ Correct, if the DS is down, everyone is. Anyway yay for FFCC and PSP; too bad Pokemon MD 2 outsold it; it's far from the normal RPG games and mediocre at that.

Around the Network

Does anyone know if the whole PSP lite bundled with CC is true? I think I remember it was said that 77,000 were sold on the first day? Anybody?

gorgepir said:
Does anyone know if the whole PSP lite bundled with CC is true? I think I remember it was said that 77,000 were sold on the first day? Anybody?

This week, 77,777 units of a special CC branded PSPlite was released - bundled with CC.

So that accounts for 77,777 copies of CC + 77,777 PSPs sold.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

kber81 said:
davygee said:

I'm disappointed with the Crisis Core numbers. I honestly thought it would have broken 500k...anyway, at least it was close. Great number of PSP sales though. Well done Pokemon.

Hmm, maybe some people decided to wait for PSP lite... Second week will tell. Anything over 150k as for week two would be great.

I think 150k for CC week#2 should be around right. It seemed to be very top-heavy (120k sold after day#1?).

Might only do 80k actually...?

Then again, it might be the game people buy with their new PSP slim?

How many PSP slims will be sold this week? It could be a huge number...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Do we really think the PSP slim is going to sell a lot? The hype surrounding it is pretty negative/blah.

kber81 said:
davygee said:

I'm disappointed with the Crisis Core numbers. I honestly thought it would have broken 500k...anyway, at least it was close. Great number of PSP sales though. Well done Pokemon.

Hmm, maybe some people decided to wait for PSP lite... Second week will tell. Anything over 150k as for week two would be great.

i think thats plausible. Since the package sold out perhaps people are just going to wait until they can play with better load times and the new PSP. Here's hoping, because id love to see this title do very well.