By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales number are in!

I dont think gamers are waiting for new PSP so that they can play FF:crisi core, that sounds stupid. real gamers dont wait, they go buy game and play it.

I belive reason of such a "bad" sales is easy to play pirat game on PSP.

Around the Network
choirsoftheeye said:
Do we really think the PSP slim is going to sell a lot? The hype surrounding it is pretty negative/blah.

i havent really been looking for the hype, but every person ive spoken to and te casual talk abotu it is very positive. I just bought one and I'm loving it, if anyone says its glittery (Daxter bundle) they dont own one, thats for sure.

Wow what a bad week for everything. DS 74K WTH!

Globox82 said:
I dont think gamers are waiting for new PSP so that they can play FF:crisi core, that sounds stupid. real gamers dont wait, they go buy game and play it.

So a gamer doesnt upgrade his system forbette rload times, brighter LCD and a slimmer lighter/ eventually longer battery life either?

Since im not familiar with your definition of "gamer" what about folks who dont own a PSP and the combination fo the japanese market, a slimmer, sleeker PSP combined with a FF7 title that has gotten good reviews may be enough for some "non gamers" to pick one up, eh? 

People have become accustomed to abnormally high sales, thinking that is the way it's supposed to be. But really, these numbers are probably closer to normal sales for this time of the year.

Around the Network

I'm not sure what's going on with the DSL right now. It should have got a boost. Anyway I see the PSP maybe taking one more week on top before sliding back down. As far as software I'm not surprised at all Pokemon beat Final Fantasy CC. The gap will increase ever more down the road as Pokemon will certainly have superior legs.

steverhcp02 said:
Globox82 said:

So a gamer doesnt upgrade his system forbette rload times, brighter LCD and a slimmer lighter/ eventually longer battery life either?

Sure he does, but the gamer already owns a older PSP ad wont wait to buy the game. He will play it on the old PSP until the new ones are for sale. He still buys it day 1. If he doesnt, then when he goes in a week later to buy it he will get a used copy instead that wont show on the MC charts.

steverhcp02 said:
Globox82 said:

Since im not familiar with your definition of "gamer" what about folks who dont own a PSP and the combination fo the japanese market, a slimmer, sleeker PSP combined with a FF7 title that has gotten good reviews may be enough for some "non gamers" to pick one up, eh?

As a current PSP owner, I think the slim is complete shit and an utterly ridiculous upgrade that doesn't improve on the PSP's current problems.   First of all, there is not longer battery life unless you use an old PSP battery (sold separately) which results in a ridiculous bulge in the back.  Oh and you need to buy a separate cover.  Oh, and you can output the PSP to your TV.... but not in full screen, and the cord is, of course, sold separately.  Not only does this not fix the shitty load times in old PSP games, it made some of them longer for some reason.  Not even all new games will take advantage of the reduced load times.  It is still uncomfortably long and wide, and it still has the analog nub horribly positioned.

So am I going to pay another $200+ for some minimal crappy PSP upgrades?  Hell no.  My current one is fine. 

Christopher_G2 said:
I'm not sure what's going on with the DSL right now. It should have got a boost. Anyway I see the PSP maybe taking one more week on top before sliding back down. As far as software I'm not surprised at all Pokemon beat Final Fantasy CC. The gap will increase ever more down the road as Pokemon will certainly have superior legs.

Yay PSP over DS!!! I can only hope this starts a trend. When was the last time PSP topped DS? Must have been a good two years ago meaning 100 weeks or so?

As to what's "going on" with DS..maybe it's just finally saturating the market as it approaches PS2 lifetime sales?

That is why I always expected PSP to defeat DS in the end. PSP has ten years to overcome DS. Ten long years, because that is the handheld life cycle, no five years like the consoles. When PSP is 99 bucks and looks so much better graphically than DS in the coming years..DS is going to get pounded.

Unless of course Nintendo introduces a DS successor soon..the problem is Nintendo is now dependant on gimmicks, and they're running out of tricks. After a touch screen and motion control on Wii, they have no other gimmick to try. And they cant compete on power, because it would be too expensive for them.

Also, I believe last week Famitsu Wii sales were 38,000 but media create sales (which for whatever reason, seem to be the one I go with as the final word) were like 29,000. If we see a similar drop for MC numbers this week, Wii could be UNDER TWENTY THOUSAND. Amazing. I dont expect that though, I expect MC to be around 25k.

Nintendo is definitly seeing sales take a huge tumble in Japan and it will start affecting their shipment #'s negatively soon, unless the USA can continue to  pick up the slack. Wii is probably going to sell like140,000 for the whole month in Japan.

I prefer Media Create numbers to Famitsu...