By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

this is from www.fixedearth.com i didn't get to put it in earlier... "An electromagnet and computerized sensor hidden in its display stand cause the Earth to levitate motionlessly in the air." Could God have engineered something like that for the real Earth? The Bible and all real evidence confirms that this is precisely what He did, and indeed: The Earth is not rotating...nor is it going around the sun. The universe is not one ten trillionth the size we are told. Today’s cosmology fulfills an anti-Bible religious plan disguised as "science". The whole scheme from Copernicanism to Big Bangism is a factless lie. Those lies have planted the Truth-killing virus of evolutionism in every aspect of man’s "knowledge" about the Universe, the Earth, and Himself. Take your time. Check it all out. Decide for yourself.

Around the Network

Parroki is absolutely right, scientists have known that the Earth is round for more than 2000 years. The Grecks were even able to estimate the circonference of the Earth with a clever but simple geometric argument (Eratosthène did it, he was the first to have a really good value, less then 2% error). People in these times were much smarter then most people think (At least the science people of that time), let's never forget this

superchunk said:
Wow. She actually would have to go look up to see if the world is flat or not. So stupid.

As a quick intro into the religious discussion, religion isn't stupid, people are stupid. The writers of the various religious books we have were some of the smartest people to have ever lived. They formulated ways to control people to mostly have better societies. The unfortunate thing is you will always get fanatics who take things too literal and do things in the name of religion that is actually against the primary focus of the book.

Yes.... these have been my feelings for a very long time... except I don't actually believe every book in the bible to be written by someone smart.  Revelations is a sore thumb and sticks out as such.  Why they decided to include it is beyond me.  The entire chapter stinks of secret society and yet way too many churches center themselves around this one book.  My fiance wanted me to go to church with her once a month... so we started church hopping.  I kid you not... every church talked about revlations as their main topic.  Needless to say I'm disgusted by such stupidity.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

When I went to school I had a note from my father with me that said that i didn't have to be present during the singing of the christian songs.

But I was present during one baptism, and it was real torture.

Yes, I'm an atheist. Or maybe agnostical deist, or whatever that's called. Meaning something like (my words): We can't know for sure if there is a God, but if there is one, he created the world and left.

tombi123 said:
yeah the Ancient Greeks knew that the world was round.

99% of religious people are fine, its just the 1% that try so hard to discredit science with their 'God did it' crap. Without religion the world would be a much more peaceful place, and we would be far more technologically advanced. Think of all the scientist in history who have been either killed or jailed for life by the church (Galileo for example).

I love that everyone who believes in evolution acts like they are smarter then people who don't. First off Galileo wasn't killed by the church, he wrote some of his best of his scientific works right up to his natural death( at 78). They did kick him out of church, and house arrest him, which I think made him more productive scientifically, he wrote plenty of books in his house. Then I thought you meant Copernicus, being that he is another noted scientist that the church had problems with. but he died naturally at 70, and in good favor with the church might I add. In fact Science is so quick to claim men like Galileo, Copernicus, and Newton, as their forfathers, but all those men were religious, belived in God and creation, and in fact were motivated scientifically by that faith, and particualarly in Newton's case wrote more about religion then science.

Around the Network
vizunary said:
this is from www.fixedearth.com i didn't get to put it in earlier... "An electromagnet and computerized sensor hidden in its display stand cause the Earth to levitate motionlessly in the air." Could God have engineered something like that for the real Earth? The Bible and all real evidence confirms that this is precisely what He did, and indeed: The Earth is not rotating...nor is it going around the sun. The universe is not one ten trillionth the size we are told. Today’s cosmology fulfills an anti-Bible religious plan disguised as "science". The whole scheme from Copernicanism to Big Bangism is a factless lie. Those lies have planted the Truth-killing virus of evolutionism in every aspect of man’s "knowledge" about the Universe, the Earth, and Himself. Take your time. Check it all out. Decide for yourself.

I love how they use science to justify that "science" is wrong lol. Are these ppl for real?

and Star Jones really needs to go hit the library for sure.  

Perhaps it's best that this thread get locked... this topic will bring bible and science fanboy/girl fury to the site. Let's walk away while we can...

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

starcraft said:
Im not a Christian, but i have a strong interest in the study of this religion along with Islam and Judaism. The basic premise of all three of these religions is that the Earth and its inhabitants (man and animal) were created in seven days. Any religious person who bothers to understand their faith knows that this doesnt mean 7, 24 hour periods. It is a metaphor for evolution. Christians that try to deny evolution dont do their faith any favours. Faith (at least these three religions) and evolution work perfectly hand in hand, its just that many christians, muslims and jews fail to make the effort to understand this.

Even the pope believes people who don't believe in evolution are strange.

I don't know if i'd count the people who believe in intellegent design as people who don't believe in evolution.  As far as I can tell Intellegent Design means Evolution... but god did it.

Also.  I wish we'd of kept surgery during the middle ages instead of the world being round.  Ah Galen.  Everything you "invented" was lost and not furthered opon because everyone thought you were some sort of freak of nature.

Also, people who think religion is stupid and we would be better off without it are no better then the super religious right wing people they hate. 

Kasz216 said:
starcraft said:
Im not a Christian, but i have a strong interest in the study of this religion along with Islam and Judaism. The basic premise of all three of these religions is that the Earth and its inhabitants (man and animal) were created in seven days. Any religious person who bothers to understand their faith knows that this doesnt mean 7, 24 hour periods. It is a metaphor for evolution. Christians that try to deny evolution dont do their faith any favours. Faith (at least these three religions) and evolution work perfectly hand in hand, its just that many christians, muslims and jews fail to make the effort to understand this.

Even the pope believes people who don't believe in evolution are strange.

I don't know if i'd count the people who believe in intellegent design as people who don't believe in evolution. As far as I can tell Intellegent Design means Evolution... but god did it.

Also. I wish we'd of kept surgery during the middle ages instead of the world being round. Ah Galen. Everything you "invented" was lost and not furthered opon because everyone thought you were some sort of freak of nature.

Also, people who think religion is stupid and we would be better off without it are no better then the super religious right wing people they hate.

Nah Intelligent Design is just another way of saying Creationism, which really has no basis except for what is said in the Bible.

Galileo was forced to recant his view, all of his books were outlawed/burned, and he was put under house arrest for the rest of his life. Regardless of how anyone thinks that might have helped him, that is a severely dickish way to deal with someone who used nothing but factual information and observation in his theories. Also, he was a christian, and the arguments they used against him were....

"Psalm 93:1", "Psalm 96:10", and "Chronicles 16:30" ..."the world is firmly established, it cannot be moved."
"Psalm 104:5"....."[the LORD] set the earth on its foundations; it can never be moved."
"Ecclesiastes 1:5"...."the sun rises and the sun sets, and hurries back to where it rises."

Also, he was initially put in prison, THEN put under house arrest, and all of his works, including any he might write after that were banned, and all existing ones were officially deemed heretical by the pope himself. Also heliocentrism was deemed heretical.

Also Galen was ignored because it came to light that since it was illegal to dissect humans, he dissected animals, which were considered inferior by the church, and thus nothing of use to human medicine could be learned from studying their "primitive" forms.

Oh, and heliocentrism remained heretical and all of his books remained officially banned in the Index Librorum Prohibitorum from 1633 to 1737, and there was no apology for any of this until 1992, when Pope John Paul II expressed "regret" over imprisoning a faithful christian for his entire life.

Oh, and anyone who thinks that it was beneficial to him, he only managed to get out of prison and under house arrest by befriending a bishop.  Otherwise he's have probably remained in actual prison.