By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Pick Starcraft's three PS3 games.

I'm guessing you'll play multiplats on 360 so just exclusives:

Out now:

MGS4 (can be played stealthy or heavy combat)
Resistance 2 (more arcadey then Killzone2, although for local co-op you may prefer R1)
Heavenly Sword (if you can get it cheap, it's short but similar in gameplay to GoW)

Notable mentions for the future:

Dead Souls (JRPG, available on import I believe, but you may want to wait for more reviews and info)
inFamous
Uncharted 2

Around the Network
Kantor said:

Shit, that's hard. Okay.

1) This would be where I recommend LittleBigPlanet, but you don't seem to like it, so Tools of Destruction.
2) Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. If you like the first Uncharted, you'll probably love this. It has multiplayer!
3) I'm going to cheat and name four. Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time
4) Heavy Rain. inFamous.

If God of War III releases this year, disregard any one of those games and buy it. It will pwn them all.

EDIT: I would recommend MGS4, but chances are, if you don't own it already, you don't want to.

And seriously look into LittleBigPlanet. It may look crap, and for the first half hour, it is crap, but it gets better, believe me. You could try renting first.

Yeah I am really tempted by Tools of Destruction.  It is Platinum and cheap too.

Uncharted 2 is looking likely.  I dont care for the multiplayer unless it is local co-op, but the first one is great.

If I enjoy Tools of, I'll get Crack.

And Infamous is pending reviews, Heavy Rain is a must.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

windbane said:
mztazmz said:

"As you all know, I am the first to recognise the gaming supremacy of the Xbox 360, as should you all."

After reading this, there was no reason to read any further.

It's bad enough that you equate a console with the highest hardware failure rate in gaming history as "supreme", but to insult our intelligence by claiming that we should agree with your ridiculous opinion is just absurd.

starcraft, you are NOT worthy of a PS3, you simply do not have the ability to appreciate what it is.

Instead of recommending games, I recommend you sell the PS3 to someone on this site who will actually enjoy it. Then you'll have some extra money tucked away so you can buy another 360 when yours FAILS(again?).

hah, too true...

I'm pretty sure he's supposed to get a PS3 because he bet that KZ2 wouldn't review well.

I know exactly what the PS3 is.  A better multimedia console than the Xbox 360 (and you pay through the nose for that), a better designed console (failure rate wise), and yet for all this it is a console with less good games than it's HD counterpart.

@windbane

I had to get a PS3 because of Heavy Rain and Versus and GoW3.  When government stimulus money came in, I decided to use it.

@Gazz

Assassin's Creed came with the deal I got.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

@ starcraft

I know this is off topic (I've posted my answer above), but I just have to ask. You have all 3 consoles, fine... but with a name of 'starcraft' I figured you'd be more of a PC gamer? I just don't see any mention of PC in your sig.

Valkyrie Chronicles
Resistance 2
Ratchet & Clank tod

Around the Network

1. Uncharted 2 - Mainly if you liked the first one

2. Gran Turismo 5 - everybody likes Gran Turismo, not everyone admits it :)

3. NHL '10 - Hockey is the best sport on the planet

How can you decide so specifically exactly how many games to buy beforehand? It's just May, more than half of the year is left. Many games aren't released and thus aren't reviewed.

I would understand an overall plan, something like "my budget is rufly 10 games this year split on all platforms", but to specifically say that 3 games are going to PS3, the rest are for my other consoles, is strange. What if all the big PS3 games released this year happen to be a lot better compared to the multiplatforms?