By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Pick Starcraft's three PS3 games.

Ok guys.

As you all know, I am the first to recognise the gaming supremacy of the Xbox 360, as should you all.  However, that does not for a moment mean that the PS3 and Wii don't have much to offer gaming wise this year, next year, and in years passed.  But as much as I have a solid, widespread knowledge of games coming for all platforms, I know less of the Wii and PS3's line-ups than I do the Xbox 360's.

Everyone knows what they can and cannot spend on games, and here is essentially my budget.  It is my hope that I will be able to afford to purchase THREE PS3 titles between now and the end of the year.

So what I would like from Sony fans now, is too help me pick those three titles.  I own Killzone 2, Uncharted and Assassin's Creed.  You may work on the assumption that I am already aware of most of the games for the PS3 that have come and gone, but can include them if you wish.

Given my situation (including my budget, location and games currently possessed), I want to know what three games you would buy based on the assumption that they must be out in PAL by the end of the year?

My general preference is for shooters with strong single-player (and local co-op) experiences, RPG's (particularly Western, but I like some JRPG's) and Saint's Row-like characteristics.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
  1. Valkyria Chronicles
  2. Dead Space (assuming you haven't played it)
  3. I don't know...Little Big Planet? I can't think of anything else from looking at your game collection.  Ghostbusters: the Video Game

Valkyria Chronicles (might be difficult to find).

Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (if you like uncharted 1).

Heavy Rain (if you can't find Valkyria Chronicles).

twesterm said:
  1. Valkyria Chronicles
  2. Dead Space (assuming you haven't played it)
  3. I don't know...Little Big Planet? I can't think of anything else from looking at your game collection.

Got Dead Space for 360 but havent opened it yet.

Tried LBP and dont really have a strong interest.  But I am starting to look heavily at VC.

- Valkyria Chronicles - RPG mixed with shooter type elements - has DLC
- InFamous - Open world sandbox game with I guess at least two possible play throughs (good and bad)
- Either MAG or Uncharted 2. Both with online components though MAG has no storyline probably, and Uncharted 2 multiplayer is yet to be seen.

I'm just saying...

Around the Network

Hmmm.....three great PS3 exclusives that you haven't tried yet.

I'd go with MGS4, VC, and either Disgaea 3 or MLB09 the Show dependent on if you like SRPG or Baseball more.

Torillian said:
Hmmm.....three great PS3 exclusives that you haven't tried yet.

I'd go with MGS4, VC, and either Disgaea 3 or MLB09 the Show dependent on if you like SRPG or Baseball more.

Yeah.  I really cant decide on MGS4. 

I am so tempted, and yet I just am not drawn to stealth...

Baseball, not a chance lol.

Metal Gear Solid 4
Valkyria Chronicles
InFamous

How should we decide what interests you? It'll be much more efficient for you to research each PS3 game and judge yourself. Even just giving us your favorite genres doesn't help.

I like FPSs, but I hated R2 and liked KZ2.

If you own a console love it and invest some time and effort into it. I'm starting to do so for the Wii. Sorry for getting on a tantrum but you sound like that PS3 fanboy complaining that his dad bought him a 360. Why did you spend all that money for a console you don't even have the interest or desire to research its GAMES. What compelled you to do so? If you didn't even know what games are out on the PS3 what made you buy it? It's a fuckin gaming system man. Bluray? Some stupid bet you made on the Internet with a bunch of anonymous people? You can do whatever you want with your money but it frusturates me to see someone who seems to have spent 400+ bucks (or whatever currency you use) without putting much thouht, time, and effort into the purchase.

At least spend the effort to go to he stickied thread of PS3 exclusives or search the mkost popular tab on the main page.

Akvod said:
How should we decide what interests you? It'll be much more efficient for you to research each PS3 game and judge yourself. Even just giving us your favorite genres doesn't help.

I like FPSs, but I hated R2 and liked KZ2.

If you own a console love it and invest some time and effort into it. I'm starting to do so for the Wii. Sorry for getting on a tantrum but you sound like that PS3 fanboy complaining that his dad bought him a 360. Why did you spend all that money for a console you don't even have the interest or desire to research its GAMES. What compelled you to do so? If you didn't even know what games are out on the PS3 what made you buy it? It's a fuckin gaming system man. Bluray? Some stupid bet you made on the Internet with a bunch of anonymous people? You can do whatever you want with your money but it frusturates me to see someone who seems to have spent 400+ bucks (or whatever currency you use) without putting much thouht, time, and effort into the purchase.

At least spend the effort to go to he stickied thread of PS3 exclusives or search the mkost popular tab on the main page.

Heavy Rain, Versus, Blu Ray and God of War 3.

I have been looking at the exclusives thread. I have been researching on my own.  I am now asking the opinions of people whom I have spent the last 18 months discussing games with...