By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo: We're the only console producer with "powerful" software teams

Kasz216 said:
WereKitten said:
Exblackman said:

There is no company in the world that is SUCCESSFUL that doesn't trash talk in some way. It is nature of the business and will always be. Just be happy Nintendo does it only occasionally.

What about Google?

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/178146/google-trash-talks-the-iphone.html

http://www.tagally.com/main/article/jyQ

Have you read those? There's no trash-talking there.

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman

Around the Network
MDMAniac said:
Before talking about nintendo being arrogant, people really should look into this and then stop being arrogant themselves:

The 20 best-selling console/handheld games, not originally bundled.
1. Nintendogs (DS – 21.67 million, all 5 versions combined)
2. Wii Play (Wii – 20.91 million)
3. Pokémon Red, Blue, and Green (Game Boy – 20.08 million approximately: 10.23 million in Japan,[43] 9.85 million in US)
4. Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES – 18 million)
5. New Super Mario Bros. (DS – 17.63 million)
6. Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day! (DS – 16.82 million)
7. Pokémon Diamond and Pearl (DS – 16.48 million)
8. Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec (PS2 – 14.89 million shipped)
9. Pokémon Gold and Silver (Game Boy Color – 14.51 million approximately: 7.6 million in US,[19] 6.91 million in Japan)
10. Wii Fit (Wii – 14.01 million)
11. Super Mario Land (Game Boy – 14 million)
12. Mario Kart DS (DS – 13.79 million)
13. Mario Kart Wii (Wii – 13.67 million)
14. Brain Age 2: More Training in Minutes a Day! (DS – 13.27 million)
15. Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire (GBA – 13 million)
16. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2 – 12 million)
17. Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen (GBA – 11.82 million)
18. Super Mario 64 (N64 – 11 million)
19. Gran Turismo (PS1 – 10.85 million shipped)
20. Animal Crossing: Wild World (DS – 10.57 million)

Have you noticed any 1st party other than all the crazyness from Nintendo? Oh yeah, GT in #8 and #19, this is really definition of pow3r! Not to mention that GT is simulator in the first place, rather than definition of game

This!

Squilliam said:
Nintendo has the best selling handheld, the best selling console. If they said that, then they wouldn't be considered arrogant.

Why do people have a problem with the fact that know they have the most powerful development studios in the world. What big 5M+ selling I.Ps does Sony have? Once you've listed Gran Turismo you start running out of names. Theres nothing wrong with what he said, because what he said is absolutely the truth.

He didn't say the most powerful development studio in the quote, he said the only, so therefore the exception you mentioned would make them wrong, and therefore lying.

They can say whatever they want, in my opinion they are always the worst.

mike_intellivision said:
Gamerace said:
I wonder if that's a mis-translation but it sure sounds like an arrogant statement to make. MS barely has any inhouse development left but there's no denying Sony's.

Given the source for the quotes -- Kotaku -- I would not be surprised if the translation was slanted to be anti-Nintendo.

Related to that, I found it interesting that I could not find an original source listed on the Kotaku article.

Mike from Morgantown

Wait the translation comes via Kotaku? Well that means the story is complete BS. Going to Kotaku for Nintendo news is like going to HipHopGamer for video game news in general. Expect more BS than a cattle ranch. Please tell me the story wasn't posted by Luke Plunkett.

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
the only hardware platform producer with powerful in-house software development teams.

Sorry, I love Nintendo but that is just complete bullshit.

I thought Nintendo was better than this.

they are comparing it size, just like kids!. xD

Soriku said:
Smashed said:
Squilliam said:
Nintendo has the best selling handheld, the best selling console. If they said that, then they wouldn't be considered arrogant.

Why do people have a problem with the fact that know they have the most powerful development studios in the world. What big 5M+ selling I.Ps does Sony have? Once you've listed Gran Turismo you start running out of names. Theres nothing wrong with what he said, because what he said is absolutely the truth.

Isn't it funny how you ONLY point out Sony?

And all MS has that can do numbers like that is Halo...

Happy?

Yep.

Torillian said:
Squilliam said:

He didn't say the most powerful development studio in the quote, he said the only, so therefore the exception you mentioned would make them wrong, and therefore lying.

He said teams, meaning plural.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
Torillian said:
Squilliam said:

He said teams, meaning plural.

Yep.  It's some mild wordplay more then anything else.

they may have powerful teams but if they aren't releasing anything so it matter?

THose kind of worst need to be said with caution. They better blow people away with some big annoucements at E3.