By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo: We're the only console producer with "powerful" software teams

noname2200 said:

Well this is highly disappointing. I thought they were above that sort of behavior now...=^/

Someone said something mean?  Why, it's enough to give me the vapours.

the2bears - the indie shmup blog
Around the Network
Gamerace said:
I wonder if that's a mis-translation but it sure sounds like an arrogant statement to make. MS barely has any inhouse development left but there's no denying Sony's.

Given the source for the quotes -- Kotaku -- I would not be surprised if the translation was slanted to be anti-Nintendo.

Related to that, I found it interesting that I could not find an original source listed on the Kotaku article.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Really it depends how you define powerful.

Being a financial report i'd assume they mean sales wise...

in that context... it pretty much is true...

Outside of the GT guys.

Which are "technically" only 1 developer.

I mean Nintendo is the only company really that first party can pump out multiple 5 million + sales franchises.

No.

Nintendo has the best selling handheld, the best selling console. If they said that, then they wouldn't be considered arrogant.

Why do people have a problem with the fact that know they have the most powerful development studios in the world. What big 5M+ selling I.Ps does Sony have? Once you've listed Gran Turismo you start running out of names. Theres nothing wrong with what he said, because what he said is absolutely the truth.

Tease.

Around the Network
Exblackman said:

There is no company in the world that is SUCCESSFUL that doesn't trash talk in some way. It is nature of the business and will always be. Just be happy Nintendo does it only occasionally.

What about Google?

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman

Squilliam said:
Nintendo has the best selling handheld, the best selling console. If they said that, then they wouldn't be considered arrogant.

Why do people have a problem with the fact that know they have the most powerful development studios in the world. What big 5M+ selling I.Ps does Sony have? Once you've listed Gran Turismo you start running out of names. Theres nothing wrong with what he said, because what he said is absolutely the truth.

Isn't it funny how you ONLY point out Sony?

WereKitten said:
Exblackman said:

There is no company in the world that is SUCCESSFUL that doesn't trash talk in some way. It is nature of the business and will always be. Just be happy Nintendo does it only occasionally.

What about Google?

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/178146/google-trash-talks-the-iphone.html

http://www.tagally.com/main/article/jyQ

People get upset for that teeeny weeeny remark??

Damn some of you are one "touchy" croud....

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Smashed said:
Squilliam said:

Isn't it funny how you ONLY point out Sony?

Well that's because 360 doesn't have any anymore.

I mean Squilliam just made a thread a while back complaining about how MS ran out all their good devs.