By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does anyone else not want Pikmin 3 to be the big announcement at E3?

I finally got a chance to play Pikmin with NPC. I gotta admit its  great game. Its soothing and pure fun. However its a game I cant play for more than an hour. I go in have fun and turn it off. If I play over an hour I feel like its overkill and I need to stop because its not that kind of game to play for long hours.

Im not really saying its a bad thing however I just dont get the same epic feeling from this from games like Zelda or Mario.
I hope its talked about definitely but I dont want it to be the main thing because I will be disappointed.

Im still holding out hope for Zelda Wii or Kid Icarus. (I truly expect Luigis Mansion 2)

Thoughts?

Around the Network

Pikmin 3 and Zelda have the biggest chances of coming out if you think about development time between games in accordance of which team made them.The chances for Luigi Mansion 2 are quite slim sine the team that made it just finished Mario Kart wii last year and wouldn't had enough to pump another game out.

P.S I'm not saying Luigi Mansion won't get a sequel just that it is not possible for it to come out this year.

I love fighting games !!! Come on challenge me !

Exblackman said:
Pikmin 3 and Zelda have the biggest chances of coming out if you think about development time between games in accordance of which team made them.The chances for Luigi Mansion 2 are quite slim sine the team that made it just finished Mario Kart wii last year and wouldn't had enough to pump another game out.

P.S I'm not saying Luigi Mansion won't get a sequel just that it is not possible for it to come out this year.

I honestly think the team who worked on SMG couldve taken over. The dudes who did MKWii dont really have to lead LM2.

Im also betting LM2 because SMG2 just isnt gonna happen. No chance in hell.

Valkyria00 said:
Exblackman said:

I honestly think the team who worked on SMG couldve taken over. The dudes who did MKWii dont really have to lead LM2.

Im also betting LM2 because SMG2 just isnt gonna happen. No chance in hell.

Nintendo rarely change teams for franchises unless they outsource to a Second party or third partyi.e Starfox so I don't see why now and it's is already been confirm that another Mario is in development right now by Miyamoto.

I think Retro Studios and Intelligent systems will show a new game this E3. They haven't done anything big in two years.

I love fighting games !!! Come on challenge me !

I don't want it as the big announcement. I've never been a fan of Pikmin.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

The only reason I don't want Pikmin 3 to be the big announcement at E3 (Which I'm fairly sure it won't be, anyway) is because we already know about it.

^
Thats also another reason.

^ And this is the reason why it is not the big announcement. WE ALREADY KNOW ABOUT IT.

It should be about as shocking and unheard of as Excitebots was, only 100 X more jarring due to the core fallout.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

who knows, maybe Cosmic Walker and Sin and Punishment 2 will be the most epic games ever conceived, designed and produced by human hands since the dawn of the universe.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

axumblade said:
I feel the same way. Pikmin is awesome and all...but it's not really bigger then Punch Out even IMO. It's just not really that epic and we're already expecting it. x.o

This is actually very true. Even though Punch-Out!! has been pretty much dead for a very long time(until now), Pikmin still isn't a bigger brandname. Pikmin is definitely one of Nintendo's lesser franchises, and unless they're planning on marketing it to death and turn it into a really big franchise (which I severely doubt), they wouldn't try and have it as their big E3 announcement. And, as stated earlier, we also already know about the game.