By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does anyone else not want Pikmin 3 to be the big announcement at E3?

As much as I love Pikmin, I imagine that Nintendo will be announcing a game at E3 that is a guarenteed 5 million seller. So while Pikmin may be the best game at E3, it won't be the biggest. I can't see Pikmin 3 selling 5 million copies

Around the Network
megaman79 said:
who knows, maybe Cosmic Walker and Sin and Punishment 2 will be the most epic games ever conceived, designed and produced by human hands since the dawn of the universe.

WILL be the most epic game ever.........at least in the top.=P

I cant fucking wait for that release. Hope they give us some Dynamic Slash btw.

axumblade said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
axumblade said:
I feel the same way. Pikmin is awesome and all...but it's not really bigger then Punch Out even IMO. It's just not really that epic and we're already expecting it. x.o

This is actually very true. Even though Punch-Out!! has been pretty much dead for a very long time(until now), Pikmin still isn't a bigger brandname. Pikmin is definitely one of Nintendo's lesser franchises, and unless they're planning on marketing it to death and turn it into a really big franchise (which I severely doubt), they wouldn't try and have it as their big E3 announcement. And, as stated earlier, we also already know about the game.

I hate to say it but Pikmin would be kind of third rate for Nintendo hype IMO.

1st rate - Mario, Zelda
2nd rate - Metroid, Kirby
3rd rate - Pikmin, Fire Emblem (Great series, Epic love from Fans but it won't be for everyone. Only reason that's in this rating. :p)
4th rate - Post-Rare DK

Pretty good rating, though there are lots of other series that should be included too. Though this list serves it purpose so it doesn't need to be any bigger :p

axumblade said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
axumblade said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
axumblade said:
I feel the same way. Pikmin is awesome and all...but it's not really bigger then Punch Out even IMO. It's just not really that epic and we're already expecting it. x.o

This is actually very true. Even though Punch-Out!! has been pretty much dead for a very long time(until now), Pikmin still isn't a bigger brandname. Pikmin is definitely one of Nintendo's lesser franchises, and unless they're planning on marketing it to death and turn it into a really big franchise (which I severely doubt), they wouldn't try and have it as their big E3 announcement. And, as stated earlier, we also already know about the game.

I hate to say it but Pikmin would be kind of third rate for Nintendo hype IMO.

1st rate - Mario, Zelda
2nd rate - Metroid, Kirby
3rd rate - Pikmin, Fire Emblem (Great series, Epic love from Fans but it won't be for everyone. Only reason that's in this rating. :p)
4th rate - Post-Rare DK

Pretty good rating, though there are lots of other series that should be included too. Though this list serves it purpose so it doesn't need to be any bigger :p

lol. I don't know if I even have the time to list all of the nintendo franchises and give them a rating. lol

I might do it later. ;)

I know what the big announcement for E3 will be for Nintendo an completely original core franchise made internally by Nintendo 's EAD. No one would see it coming and is the only thing thatmight have enough hype to cover up the fact  that Zelda wii is not out yet.

I love fighting games !!! Come on challenge me !

Around the Network

In my opinion Pikmin 1+2 are in list of the 10 best video games of all time. I really hope that Pikmin 3 will be announced at E3.

z101 said:
In my opinion Pikmin 1+2 are in list of the 10 best video games of all time. I really hope that Pikmin 3 will be announced at E3.

You know Pikmin 3 is already announced, right? Informally, but still.

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
z101 said:

You know Pikmin 3 is already announced, right? Informally, but still.

being mentiened of-hand and actually knowing jack shit about what it'll be like are two different things.

anyway, i am hyped for pikmin. i don't care what most everybody else on this thread says, pikmin and pikmin 2 were the best games on the gamecube!

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76669&page=1

you can view a few screenshots from the game in my photo album here; http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=2312

yes, this is vonboy's alt account. i can't log into my original account, and i'm not sure if i will ever be able to.

Proud Member of the Official Yoshi Fan Club!.

I want it to be one of several big announcements.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

for me pikmin suck so...