By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Factor 5 developer profile confirms unannounced Wii game coming this year

Omega_Phazon_Pirate. said:
RPG said:

Lair 2 in Nintendo fanboys dreams but nanananana Sony own the IP, all your gonna get is a Kid Icarus game. (Did they not make Kid Icarus?) :/

Are you serious? I can't tell if you are joking :P.  Isn't Lair considered a flop (at least by reviewers)?

And I've never heard any Wii owner wanting a Lair 2.  I've heard  a lot of love for another Kid Icarus game (me included n_n).  Man I hope it is, and I thank Brawl for helping revitalize all these old IPs :D.

Plus wasn't there that article from a while back that said Factor 5 is going down under now?

/WTS a Rusty Sarcasm Detection Broach of Doom +2

Around the Network

HELL YEAH!

TAKE THAT NON-BELIEVERS!

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

- Kid Icarus : longtime rumor
- Pilotwings : in fanboys wet dreams
- Turrican : My wet dream : FPA : Metroid Prime-like, since Turrican is metroid-inspired
- Rogue Squadron 4 : the engine makes me think about it, cause Factor 5 did a new engine for RS2 and another one for RS3. Please, no more third person ground mission this time.

Where is my Ice Climbers game Nintendo?

Whatever it is, I hope it is a good game, and I hope it is announced at E3.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

Why the heck is everyone saying Kid Icarus, really why!?

What on this earth or any other earth compels anyone to believe that Factor 5 would have anything to do with Kid Icarus.

Are there any facts to support that assumption!? At least rumors are based on interpretations of partial facts but most of you guys seem to be working on ether.

Their is a ghosts chance in hell that they are working on a Nintendo IP, they have more of a chance of working on Star Fox, which is friggin just about impossible anyway as the developer for Star Fox said he's looking into making a Wii Star Fox anyway. Granted he isn't from Nintendo EAD but Command Missions wasn't terrible.

V_V

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

dib8rman said:
Why the heck is everyone saying Kid Icarus, really why!?

What on this earth or any other earth compels anyone to believe that Factor 5 would have anything to do with Kid Icarus.

Are there any facts to support that assumption!? At least rumors are based on interpretations of partial facts but most of you guys seem to be working on ether.

Their is a ghosts chance in hell that they are working on a Nintendo IP, they have more of a chance of working on Star Fox, which is friggin just about impossible anyway as the developer for Star Fox said he's looking into making a Wii Star Fox anyway. Granted he isn't from Nintendo EAD but Command Missions wasn't terrible.

V_V

Well, it isn't entirely impossible; they were said to have worked on a (cancelled) Pilotwings game:

"At one time, Factor 5 was pegged to develop a sequel to Pilot Wings for the then-codenamed Revolution. Nintendo even went so far as to list the San Rafael-based studio as a "partner" in its official E3 presentation. Since that time, though, the company has been busy with the PS3-exclusive Lair and thus, work on any Pilot Wings sequel is thought to have been halted or cancelled altogether. Incidentally, IGN believes Factor 5's Wii title is an altogether different beast."

http://wii.ign.com/articles/845/845353p1.html

They also worked on audio middleware for the Gamecube.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

I'm not sure can be LAIR, maybe Sony owns that IP

Factor 5 said some time ago they don´t make the game work with motion controllers, at the same time they anounced the graphic engine was ready.