By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony playing hard ball with PS3 owners

antfromtashkent said:
i saw R&C at blockbuster for $19.99 brand new..... i really think that its the retailers not sony

Nope...it's Sony. Retailers are generally selling these games at a lower cost than even Sony does. Take Gamestop, Play N Trade for example.

Around the Network

Last I checked my local retailer had Mass Effect for $20, Halo 3 for $40 and Bioshock for $20-30 (depends on where you look).

PS3 titles seem to take way too long to drop in price, which is part of the reason why my 360 library is rapidly catching up with my PS3 library.

Seriously, charging full price almost 2 years after release is flat out bullshit. I have the same issue with the Wii. I don't buy games for it because it is bullshit to me that games that released back at the end of 2006 are still at full price and games from early to mid 2007 are full priced as well.

These companies (especially Nintendo and Sony) need to stop being so fucking greedy and drop software prices once in a while for their good games and not just the trash titles.

Ok, rant done.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

meh, i'd understand the perspective that games are too expensive from an average dude with a playstation with no purchasing savvy, but the complaints from people who frequent this site are kinda ridiculous. Ofcourse if you walk into a game store and want to buy a game without doing research first, you're probably going to pay retail.

Sign up for sites like slickdeals or cheapassgamer, (or redflagdeals if you're canadian) and pay attention to gaming deals. There are LOTS of deals to be had by those who can be bothered to look. I own 15 ps3 games, and out of those there's only 4 I paid full price for. Try harder if you think ps3 games are too expensive.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

It's an NA thing, here in the uk LBP is only £7.50 and no game is ever full price besides Wii Fit.

In the UK those games are less than £10

Around the Network

I can't find uncharted for less then $45 bucks even used.

I want Heavenly Sword badly. But, I'm not paying full price for a two-year old game.

Sony needs to do something about their pricing.

Lair is still $60 everywhere I have seen it.

shock182 said:
Lair is still $60 everywhere I have seen it.

You're right. I guess I must have seen it used. I'm adding it to the list.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

snyperdud said:
I want Heavenly Sword badly. But, I'm not paying full price for a two-year old game.

Sony needs to do something about their pricing.

Try Game Stop.