By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony playing hard ball with PS3 owners

XGamer0611 said:
shock182 said:
Lair is still $60 everywhere I have seen it.

You're right. I guess I must have seen it used. I'm adding it to the list.

Again, even an ounce of effort will show you that while lair might be $60 in a store, anyone with even a little game purchasing savvy knows there are other outlets.

Lair - $19 factory sealed or $13 used

http://product.half.ebay.com/Lair_W0QQprZ56269623QQtgZinfo

Heavenly Sword - $35 factory sealed or $30 used

http://product.half.ebay.com/_W0QQprZ46929480QQcpidZ1328451893

Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction $33 factory sealed or $30 used

http://product.half.ebay.com/Ratchet-Clank-Future-Tools-of-Destruction_W0QQprZ56274533QQtgZinfo

sorry but i just don't see the point of this thread.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
snyperdud said:
I want Heavenly Sword badly. But, I'm not paying full price for a two-year old game.

Sony needs to do something about their pricing.

Try Game Stop.

Heavenly Sword is $34.99 used at Gamestop. I don't trust Gamestop, they take games in any condition now. I purchased Haze used two weeks ago and it was so scaracthed it wouldn't play. It was the last copy so I had no choice in discs. I returned it. I ended up getting Haze this week brand new.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

..............rent games?

NA had gamefly and got Lovefilm here which I use.

In the UK the games are alot cheaper?
Uncharted is £14.99!

S.T.A.G.E. said:
snyperdud said:
I want Heavenly Sword badly. But, I'm not paying full price for a two-year old game.

Try Game Stop.

I don't really buy used games(if that was what you were reffering too). I prefer new. And last time I was at gamestop they had HS at 60 bucks.

Around the Network

Lair -> $ 59.99,.? WTF,..............................??????????????????????????

''Halo reach''.. sell 7.m first week ,Believe¡¡¡¡¡¡

XGamer0611 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
snyperdud said:

Try Game Stop.

Heavenly Sword is $34.99 used at Gamestop. I don't trust Gamestop, they take games in any condition now. I purchased Haze used two weeks ago and it was so scaracthed it wouldn't play. It was the last copy so I had no choice in discs. I returned it. I ended up getting Haze this week brand new.

Gamestop usually takes anything; however, you can take it upon yourself (much like myself) to check the game for scratches yourself and asking for another copy. I've done it plenty of times without fail.

axumblade said:
Sony make most of their money off of software. I imagine when they can drop the PS3 price and not have to worry losing money off of it, software sales will rise as prices drop.

If what you say is true, then their profit should come slowly.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
XGamer0611 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
snyperdud said:

Try Game Stop.

Heavenly Sword is $34.99 used at Gamestop. I don't trust Gamestop, they take games in any condition now. I purchased Haze used two weeks ago and it was so scaratched it wouldn't play. It was the last copy so I had no choice in discs. I returned it. I ended up getting Haze this week brand new.

Gamestop usually takes anything; however, you can take it upon yourself (much like myself) to check the game for scratches yourself and asking for another copy. I've done it plenty of times without fail.

S.T.A.G.E. read my bolded comment above.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

Developers of games say when to drop the price. Not sony, though sony does offer less royalties paid when game reaches a certain amount sold, which is a big incentive to drop price for more sales.