By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which console is the best for sports games ?

jacks81x said:
The_God_of_War said:
As far as I know there aren't any exclusive sports games on the 360 whereas the PS3 has the MLB: The Show series. But if you don't like baseball games, I guess they're equal.

PS3 also has the NBA: The Inside series.

NBA: The Inside series is the shittiest basketball game this gen. Sucks that it's a first party game for Sony too.

Around the Network
scottie said:
I'm a little confused. If you wanted to limit the discussion to only the PS360 you should have used 'better' instead of 'best'.

My answer is the Wii has better sports games than either of the PS360. Save your money and just keep your Wii if you are a sports fan

I think it's just a matter of preference, I personally think that the Wii controls on 99% of sport games are terrible (I did enjoy Tiger Wood though).

Just check out the two controllers and pick up the one you like best. Other than that, the difference will be marginal at best.

This thread is hilarious,

Rab obviously works at nintendo , and Neoraf obviously works at Microsoft , while jordahn obviously works at Sony.

you guys seriously should consider working as salesmen

and to add to it all S.T.A.G.E like always doesnt make any sense what so ever.

and at CHYUH what does that video have to do with this thread? lulz

@OP i say you should check the exclusives and /or the games you want yourself, instead of listening to these guys.

PullusPardus said:

Rab obviously works at nintendo , and Neoraf obviously works at Microsoft , while jordahn obviously works at Sony.

@OP i say you should check the exclusives and /or the games you want yourself, instead of listening to these guys.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
jacks81x said:
The_God_of_War said:
As far as I know there aren't any exclusive sports games on the 360 whereas the PS3 has the MLB: The Show series. But if you don't like baseball games, I guess they're equal.

NBA: The Inside series is the shittiest basketball game this gen. Sucks that it's a first party game for Sony too.

I don't get why people say this game is so bad.

I have played it over 200 hours and I still play a game or two every evening with my franchise...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network
Orca_Azure said:
the wii probably provides the most fun when it comes to sports. Nothing beats actually moving around.

Most families love to play Wii sports.

PullusPardus said:

Please...I provided more information as to why the 360 is better for sports games. PS3 and 360 will always have similar graphics, but the 360 has the controller and Xbox live. Deal with it.

Ail said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
jacks81x said:
The_God_of_War said:

I don't get why people say this game is so bad.

I have played it over 200 hours and I still play a game or two every evening with my franchise...

I played it at best buy when I bought my PS3. God what a piece of shit. Even Live is better than that game.

1200p|is|FullHD said:
The only sports game that benefits from Wii is Golf.
Many of you think waggle = realism

Again, who is talking about realism? Sports is about testosterone and brute force which quite simply cannot be expressed on a controlpad for thumbs. Twiddling thumbs any harder does not deliver that same feeling as swinging your arm wildly. Point.

zerosaurus said:
1200p|is|FullHD said:
The only sports game that benefits from Wii is Golf.
Many of you think waggle = realism

Again, who is talking about realism? Sports is about testosterone and brute force which quite simply cannot be expressed by waggling around with no thought on a controlpad for thumbs. Twiddling thumbs any harder does not can deliver that same feeling as swinging your arm wildly. Point.

add :

swinging something 'wildy' does 100 % not add anything in sports like soccer.

the motion sensing Wii delivers is NOT sufficient to improve your feeling in, let's say basketball. its just wagglewaggle-score right now.

until then ( 2020 ? ) i prefer realistic graphics and thumbstick, which at least gives me full control AND enables me to do actions i could NEVER do myself, and i think that is one of the biggest aspects of playing sports games.

How can 720p be considered HD when it looks like ugly snow grains on my 22'' screen?