By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which console is the best for sports games ?

matt247 said:
There's more people to play online on the 360, and some EA Sports games play better on the 360

Not true anymore. Stop making up stuff.

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees

Around the Network
ocnkng said:
matt247 said:
There's more people to play online on the 360, and some EA Sports games play better on the 360

Still very much true actually, have you tried fifa 09 online on the ps3 then compared it to 360? there ya go then lol

ocnkng said:
matt247 said:

He's telling the truth.

sly777 said:
Jordahn said:

Signalstar said:
Wow a lot of these people laid the fud on pretty heavy.

Both systems have identical sports games except the PS3 has the best (according to reviews and gamers) Baseball franchise.

PS3:
+ Free online
+ Identical Multiplats
+ EA Sports Complex in home
+ Seven Controllers Supported for some sports games
+ Some games compatible with PSP versions
+Best exclusive Baseball game
+Fifa World Cup exclusive to PS3

+Better Tennis

+Hot Shots Golf

+Some games having motion controlled Sixasis support.

+Use your own choice of a Bluetooth headset.

-Not as many people have headsets online
-Terrible exclusive Basketball game

360:
+ Identical multiplats
+ Plenty of peopl have Headsets over Live
+Exclusive Snowboard game
-Paid Online subscription

The choice is yours.

ADDED.

seems to have a lot of arguments, do you work for sony ?

He's lying saying that PS3 has better Tennis games, when the 360 has the same games, but they play better on the 360.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

The 360 is better for sports games with its Ergonomic controller. It's basically good efor everything but fighters. After playing sports games on the 360, it just doesn't feel the same on the PS3. I play NBA 2k9 on Live and it's so much better for party gaming. I was talking to someone in an earlier about it. See my post:http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=71489&page=1

ok thanks for the information...

Around the Network

the Wii is best for sports games ?
I have a hard time seeing oversize-headed characters like in FIFA All-play as a competitive sports game vs the HD twins.
this guy is looking for a classic sports game, so it's an easy decision :

- Do you want online play ? go PS 3 ( no fee )
- local multiplayer is enough ? go xbox ( better controller, 1/2 price )

The only sports game that benefits from Wii is Golf.
Many of you think waggle = realism, but in sports games realism is mainly physics, AI and to an extent graphics, the Wii only delivers AI and has an inferior button layout in sportsgames. that's a FACT

How can 720p be considered HD when it looks like ugly snow grains on my 22'' screen?

1200p|is|FullHD said:
the Wii is best for sports games ?
I have a hard time seeing oversize-headed characters like in FIFA All-play as a competitive sports game vs the HD twins.
this guy is looking for a classic sports game, so it's an easy decision :

- Do you want online play ? go PS 3 ( no fee )
- local multiplayer is enough ? go xbox ( better controller, 1/2 price )

The only sports game that benefits from Wii is Golf.
Many of you think waggle = realism, but in sports games realism is mainly physics, AI and to an extent graphics, the Wii only delivers AI and has an inferior button layout in sportsgames. that's a FACT

don't think Fifa on the wii is competitive compare to his biggers brothers...

What do you want to feel like you are actually watching a live Televised event or do you want to feel like you are actually playing the game?

Most people like the first and prefer not to get sweaty while watching sporting events.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9HN4zSriDs

The_God_of_War said:
As far as I know there aren't any exclusive sports games on the 360 whereas the PS3 has the MLB: The Show series. But if you don't like baseball games, I guess they're equal.

PS3 also has the NBA: The Inside series.