By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which console is the best for sports games ?

Avarice28 said:

Stop spewing FUD everyone (waron)! The guy does "not" have a xbox 360 so why in the world would he already have friends to play on xbox live? But he may want to add some of the good people here on VGchartz to his friends list, but until then your point is moot. All multiplat games since 2008 are the "same" on both consoles (ps360), so he cannot go wrong with either choice (unbiased statement). If console specifics are in question then he would still have to pay for online with xboxlive (30-49.99 a year), or he could get all his updates for free along with online play for free on the ps3 (psn-playstation network).

Instead of people posting Fud about their favorite console, just allow the facts to speak for themselves.

"my unbiased statement blah blah blah, ps3 is da best" wow and you didn't spoke about your favorite console, right?
sorry, but just look at PES games on ps3. Shaun White on ps3 wasn't good game either if i remember. i don't even have 360 so how come i'm now talking bout my favorite console which is 360 - at least this is what you're thinkin.

it's not that i'm biased i'm realistic and you're totally unreasonable - first you're telling him that we shouldn't recomend him 360 cause he doesn't have friends on xbox live yet(you don't know that so) and yet you recomend him ps3? and lol at free updates only on ps3 - both ps3 AND 360 have free updates regardles of your type of account on xbox 360.

Around the Network

I'd say 360 over PS3 because:
- Larger userbase on xbl
- Multiplatform sports games usually have 360 as the lead platform, which was an issue up until recently (PS3 games had technical issues, I know I experienced some in NHL 09 on the PS3 version that wasn't on the 360 version). This will obviously get less and less relevant in the coming years
- 360 is cheaper (particularly if you've got friends to play with offline, therefore not needing XBL)

I'd say PS3 over 360 because:
- PSN is free
- PS3 has MLB, which if you care about baseball, will mean the PS3's best baseball game is lightyears ahead of the 360.

But if you don't care for XBL or Baseball, you could go either way. The problems I noticed in NHL 09 aren't gamebreakers, and it's a fantastic game on either platform, it's just that the 360 version doesn't have the technical hiccups the PS3 version has. It certainly wasn't a big enough deterrent for me (I own a PS3).

EDIT: Lol at the people saying Wii for realism. Okay, console sports games will never fully replicate the real thing, no matter how good gameplay or graphics get. Wii's motion controls doesn't add a lot to realism.

In golf, the wiimote can't simulate the different weights of each club, nor can it give feedback on impact or swing (as accurately as real life). In hockey, the wiimote can't simulate the weight of the stick, it can't simulate accurately the hook when hitting the puck (direction yes, but pinpoint accuracy no). In boxing, the wiimote can't give feedback on how accurate a punch is landed, in real life, a punch that doesn't land perfectly or is parried will mean you lose your balance, that's not the case with the wii and you in real life (that's why wii sports boxing is just a slug fest). That's exactly why most people who play wii sports boxing will continue to swing even though it's pretty clear that they're getting pummelled by their opponents, where as in say fight night, the second you have a hit landed against you, you'll try and defend. I've never played fifa or pes on the Wii, so I can't comment about them.

I'm not necessarily saying that the controls for the HD consoles are any better, but at least with their added horsepower, they can produce much more realistic physics and AI.

Never "recommended" any system Waron, that is the problem with you....you never read the source material (ie what I "actually" wrote).  I only pointed out the specifics of how the online was different, now as far as friends lists it is very relevant due to the fact if he had none to begin with, then he can build friends list on either 360 or the ps3.  How is that a "biased" statement?  I guess you only read and comprehend what you like, you are funny like that I guess

online for me its PS3 since its free

with my buddies at home xbox 360.

Avarice28 said:

Multiplatform games since 2006 are usually "better" on the 360, even most multiplatform games of 2009 still run and look better on 360 than the ps3 so he cannot go wrong with a 360 (unbiased statement).  If console specifics are in question then he would get much more enjoyment out of the 360 for it''s superb online service which walks all over ps3's poor attempt, all updates are free on both 360 and ps3 along with better online play and social features for the 360 from as little as £2.50 a month, (xbox live rulez).

And no silly installs on the 360!

Instead of people posting Fud about their favorite console, just allow the facts to speak for themselves.

Fixed!

Around the Network

Wow a lot of these people laid the fud on pretty heavy.

Both systems have identical sports games except the PS3 has the best (according to reviews and gamers) Baseball franchise.

PS3:
+ Free online
+ Identical Multiplats
+ EA Sports Complex in home
+ Seven Controllers Supported for some sports games
+ Some games compatible with PSP versions
+Best exclusive Baseball game
+Fifa World Cup exclusive to PS3
-Not as many people have headsets online
-Terrible exclusive Basketball game

360:
+ Identical multiplats
+ Plenty of peopl have Headsets over Live
+Exclusive Snowboard game
-Paid Online subscription

The choice is yours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

well for golf and tennis, wii is definitely the console for you mate! Tiger woods especially on the Wii is kickass from what i heard!

waron said:
well wii own both ps3 and 360 if we're talking about sports games. ps360 have only better graphics, but inferior gameplay. wii only lacks a serious boxing game and maybe hockey(dunno, i'm not interested in either). i say stick with wii for football, golf, tennis, baseball(i mean Power Pros>>>>any other baseball game), snowboarding and maybe skateboarding(Skate It is great game after all).
if you really want a second console for sports i say take 360 - ps3 have only MLB(rest of the exclusive sports games are crap not to mention that multiplatform games on ps3 work usually worse than on 360 like Skate).

Pes Plays better with the dualshock

Signalstar said:
Wow a lot of these people laid the fud on pretty heavy.

Both systems have identical sports games except the PS3 has the best (according to reviews and gamers) Baseball franchise.

PS3:
+ Free online
+ Identical Multiplats
+ EA Sports Complex in home
+ Seven Controllers Supported for some sports games
+ Some games compatible with PSP versions
+Best exclusive Baseball game
+Fifa World Cup exclusive to PS3
-Not as many people have headsets online
-Terrible exclusive Basketball game

360:
+ Identical multiplats
+ Plenty of peopl have Headsets over Live
+Exclusive Snowboard game
-Paid Online subscription

The choice is yours.

QFT.  And if you already have a Bluetooth headset, you can use that to communicate.  I just hope it's a good one.  If you don't have one, buy one to use it to double for both your cel phone and future PS3.  You can also use it for your PC if it's Bluetooth compatible.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Xbox 360.