By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 29.07% of VGC users will quit gaming in the next gen. Find Why.

Pellefant said:

@One_touch_KO
Are you really as arrogant as you sound in every single post you make? Chill man. How about TALKING to people? Just some friendly (?) advice:)

Edit: Whoops. A bit harsh and I apologize.

No I'm not. Infact I am cute.

But when people are arrogant for me only once, I just switch ON my MFSOB* button.

*Mother Fucker Son of a Biotch

Around the Network
hsrob said:
Daily PS3 fanboy rant...check. Daily Wii fanboy rant.....check. Now let me go find the 360 one, i'm sure it won't take long.

edit: People saying stuff like "99% of the 360 library", or "100% of the Wii library" is crap are speaking purely as fans of Nintendo and Microsoft respectively, not as gamers. If you can honestly say that not one Wii game and only one 360 game out of a hundred is worth playing for you then YOU aren't a gamer and have no credibility whatsoever when it comes to games.

Wii has 5 games worth to buy:Metroid, Res 4, Zelda, MadWorld,Tales.

Take my love, take my land..

@OP:
Old news, 99% of VGC users already dropped gaming this gen, time spent on the site doesn't leave enough time for it. Those pretending to play games (they are still buying them, at least to be able to admire and touch the covers) and then discussing them are simply lying.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

hsrob said:
Daily PS3 fanboy rant...check. Daily Wii fanboy rant.....check. Now let me go find the 360 one, i'm sure it won't take long.

edit: People saying stuff like "99% of the 360 library", or "100% of the Wii library" is crap are speaking purely as fans of Nintendo and Microsoft respectively, not as gamers. If you can honestly say that not one Wii game and only one 360 game out of a hundred is worth playing for you then YOU aren't a gamer and have no credibility whatsoever when it comes to games.

Let's assume that X360 has 1000 games - it has more I think, but let's keep the bar just at 1000. I pretty know all the best and average ones, those that get featured at media websites.

So, 1000 games makes 100% of its library .

With a little math we can check that 99% means 990 games.

The remaining 10 games makes 1%

From all the games I like on X360 the list is:

- Resident Evil 5 

- Soul Calibur 4

- Tales of Vesperia

- Fable II

- Lost Odissey

- NBA Street 4

This is 6 games with only 2 of them being exclusive, so I'm sorry, I was wrong.

6 games makes it like 0,6% of software on the console that pleases me, so 99,4% of the X360 library is pure shit to me.

And before you ask:  NO! I don't like the "blockbusters" like GTA, Halo, Gears, etc.

When I say that a percentage of software doesn't fit my tastes. It simply doesn't. period.

Next generation, I will fight to the death to defend any console that doesn't include motion control, even if the only console that remains is the Nintendo one (It really wouldn't be too far out of left field for the next nintendo console to not have motion controls).

Seriously, as much as motion controls are fun for things like watered down versions of sports (Wii sports is fantastic after all) and the IR for FPS, I really don't like motion controls and don't see it adding too much to the gaming experience. I applaud Nintendo for doing something different (note: not new, just different from the other two), but it still feels gimmicky to me. Yes pointing the bow in TP is satisfying and fun, but continually swinging the wii mote to slash isn't (30 minutes into the game).

Same with swinging the wiimote and nunchuck in a certain direction to do a finishing move in NMH, but it's not fun to waggle to make mario do a spin attack.

To this day, the only game that stands head and shoulders above it's predecessor (beyond the level you'd expect from a sequel with enhanced tech) is Metroid Prime 3. It's easily the most immersive experience on the wii and the best example of motion controls being good for gaming (even if they aren't always spot on, 95% of the time is highly acceptable though). Maybe if there were more games like MP3, that didn't use the wii mote for the sake of it, I'd accept the Wii more.

Note: Doing something well, doesn't necessarily mean it wasn't done for the sake of it. Example: Waggle in SMG. Not needed at all, it didn't feel broken or tacked on, but it didn't add to the experience at all.

But back to the topic, no I won't be quiting gaming. I guarantee that not everyone will be doing motion controls next generation (even if I have to live on handhelds, so be it).

Around the Network
Simulacrum said:
hsrob said:

I'm a Tales of, fan and I can tell you that Tales of Symphonia 2 is not worthing your money. Wait for Tales of 10.

One_touch_KO said:

This pool can de found at the main page:

Results - 15/04/09

What do you think of Wii MotionPlus?

Light Saber battles FTW! 578 28.43%

It better be used on more than just sports games. 330 16.23%

U-Force anyone? 22 1.08%

Should have been there from the beginning. 512 25.18%

I don't care. I hate the Wii. 591 29.07%

So 29.07% of the users hate the Wii.

Next Gen consoles from Microsoft, Sony and any other company that joins the war are most likely to feature some sort of wiimote rip off as a standart controller, like the Wii. They hate the Wii, they will hate next gen consoles.

So who's part of those 29.07% that will quit gaming because Halo 5  will be awesome with it's wii-like fps superior control scheme? 

Who's quitting because God Of War 4 will have 1:1 control over your weapons instead of button mashing?

Show yourself :P

Hmm, all consoles will be Wii-like. Like when Ninty decided to go with sleek gamepads and mainstream media formats with extra functions after the blistering sales of PS1? Or like they went with DVD's and the overall PS2 setup this gen?

Uhm, why is everyone dead sure that everyone will copy down to the corners everything the winner of the previous generation did? I've never seen that happen tbh, why would it now?

No, the consoles will be quite different (the way I like it) the next gen as well, MS and Sony (and perhaps Apple) won't change their entire concept just because Nintendo drew in your sister, grandmother and kids with their waggle (put somewhat bluntly, just trying to get a point across). I know everyone in here likes to think that the entire industry just outright copies everything Nintendo does but the radical differences in Nintendo's consoles alone should debunk that statement if one properly surveys them.

Stating that you "hate the Wii" is, imo, rather childish. But it is equally childish to think that everything and everyone will go the exact same path as the Wii next gen simply on account of the Wii's victory this gen (the Wii's win won't be anywhere near as spectacular as PS or PS2 either and, as mentioned earlier, those two machines did little do dictate the look and feel of the competitors in the following gens, namely this one and the previous one).

Simulacrum said:
hsrob said:

I have no problem with this and i am not going to tell you that you should like some other games on the Wi that i like, but if someone can look at the game library on the Wii or the 360 and say there are only a couple of games worth playing then they aren't being objective.  I have no interest in a fanboy's opinion of games on another system if everything they say is coloured by fanboy glasses.

@one_touch_KO: I would be curious as to what portion of all those games you have actually played enough to make a decision.  Regardless, and given what you've said in this thread you don't come across as being particularly objective and i wouldn't be asking you for game recommendations for the Wii or 360, that's all i'm saying.

Mummelmann said:
One_touch_KO said:

This pool can de found at the main page:

Results - 15/04/09

What do you think of Wii MotionPlus?

Light Saber battles FTW! 578 28.43%

It better be used on more than just sports games. 330 16.23%

U-Force anyone? 22 1.08%

Should have been there from the beginning. 512 25.18%

I don't care. I hate the Wii. 591 29.07%

So 29.07% of the users hate the Wii.

Next Gen consoles from Microsoft, Sony and any other company that joins the war are most likely to feature some sort of wiimote rip off as a standart controller, like the Wii. They hate the Wii, they will hate next gen consoles.

So who's part of those 29.07% that will quit gaming because Halo 5  will be awesome with it's wii-like fps superior control scheme? 

Who's quitting because God Of War 4 will have 1:1 control over your weapons instead of button mashing?

Show yourself :P

Hmm, all consoles will be Wii-like. Like when Ninty decided to go with sleek gamepads and mainstream media formats with extra functions after the blistering sales of PS1? Or like they went with DVD's and the overall PS2 setup this gen?

Uhm, why is everyone dead sure that everyone will copy down to the corners everything the winner of the previous generation did? I've never seen that happen tbh, why would it now?

No, the consoles will be quite different (the way I like it) the next gen as well, MS and Sony (and perhaps Apple) won't change their entire concept just because Nintendo drew in your sister, grandmother and kids with their waggle (put somewhat bluntly, just trying to get a point across). I know everyone in here likes to think that the entire industry just outright copies everything Nintendo does but the radical differences in Nintendo's consoles alone should debunk that statement if one properly surveys them.

Stating that you "hate the Wii" is, imo, rather childish. But it is equally childish to think that everything and everyone will go the exact same path as the Wii next gen simply on account of the Wii's victory this gen (the Wii's win won't be anywhere near as spectacular as PS or PS2 either and, as mentioned earlier, those two machines did little do dictate the look and feel of the competitors in the following gens, namely this one and the previous one).

^THIS^ Is EXACTLY why one_touch_ko's logic is flawed.

puffy said:
*grabs popcorn*

This shall be entertaining!

Too bad you are banned bro.Don´t worry I´ll enjoy this thread for you *Grabs popcorn and smiles* This will be fun :)