By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 29.07% of VGC users will quit gaming in the next gen. Find Why.

Not only am i not a fan of the Wii's motion sensing, but I hate the shape of it aswell...

If anything, I'd like to use the Break Apart controller Idea that SONY had... I thought that was awesome.

Edit: If I have to use Wii like controlls no matter what system I get next gen for most of my games.... I'll probably fall in-love with handhelds.... my main reason to own a system would probably be a few certain IP's... mainly SONY and a few Nintendo one... then a handful of 3rd party stuff.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
One_touch_KO said:
outlawauron said:
One_touch_KO said:
outlawauron said:
One_touch_KO said:
outlawauron said:
Maybe some are upset rather at the games rather than the waggle.

Wii has good games.  That argument is pre-historic already. 50 million people agree with me ;)

They're just pissed of because its not they're console to have something new and fresh. That's the only reason.

Know why The Conduit pisses them so bad also? Because it has better graphics than some launch games on 360. And they thought the Wii couldn't pull out that :P

But let's keep the secret between us. I'm loving the whinning.

I know the Wii has good games, but just comparably to the PS3 and 360. The Wii doesn't have the amount of titles that appeal to that group.

And no, just no. Perfect Dark Zero looks terrible and still looks better than The Conduit.

Have fun: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=45902

People pointed maybe 15 PS360 games in that thread that look worse than The Conduit.

Go tell them all they're wrong.

I posted in that thread. The ones that we all agreed on was Vampire Rain. (not a launch title), Disgaea 3, and the three Atlus 360 SRPGs.

They agreed with more. Just read the thread.

Not really, the big problem with that is none of those are launch titles. And really, many are debatable.

Technically, they'll all be superior if only for the HD resolution.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I do think they'll incorporate some similar controller as the default, providing optional classic controllers much like Nintendo does now. 

Ultimately, the few who really, really despise motion controls themselves (as opposed to the people who either hate motion controls because of the way they are being implemented, or the people who just hate Wii for its library, or the pre-existing Nintendo haters) will be no great loss, while Sony and MS have a world to gain.

Hardcore gaming could be a great marriage with motion controls, its not limited to the Wii remote anyway, and its not mutually exclusive. A middle-of-the-road solution could probably be found pretty easily.

If Sony and Microsoft don't wish to try and expand their horizons, that's their business (and it is possible, i suppose. Success does not automatically need to be copied, like someone here said. If the industry was purely copycat, then Wii wouldn't exist in the first place, or if it did, it would at least have DVD functionality)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

motion controll will be in the ps4 and 720, but the main controlls will still be buttons, trust me

Torillian said:
One_touch_KO said:

This pool can de found at the main page:

Results - 15/04/09

What do you think of Wii MotionPlus?

Light Saber battles FTW! 578 28.43%

It better be used on more than just sports games. 330 16.23%

U-Force anyone? 22 1.08%

Should have been there from the beginning. 512 25.18%

I don't care. I hate the Wii. 591 29.07%

So 29.07% of the users hate the Wii.

Next Gen consoles from Microsoft, Sony and any other company that joins the war are most likely to feature some sort of wiimote rip off as a standart controller, like the Wii. They hate the Wii, they will hate next gen consoles.

So who's part of those 29.07% that will quit gaming because Halo 5  will be awesome with it's wii-like fps superior control scheme? 

Who's quitting because God Of War 4 will have 1:1 control over your weapons instead of button mashing?

Show yourself :P

I don't want to be a death dealing god and swing around swords in my damn living room, I just want to play a bloody game.  How is that so hard for people to understand?

This

Around the Network
One_touch_KO said:

This pool can de found at the main page:

Results - 15/04/09

What do you think of Wii MotionPlus?

Light Saber battles FTW! 578 28.43%

It better be used on more than just sports games. 330 16.23%

U-Force anyone? 22 1.08%

Should have been there from the beginning. 512 25.18%

I don't care. I hate the Wii. 591 29.07%

So 29.07% of the users hate the Wii.

Next Gen consoles from Microsoft, Sony and any other company that joins the war are most likely to feature some sort of wiimote rip off as a standart controller, like the Wii. They hate the Wii, they will hate next gen consoles.

So who's part of those 29.07% that will quit gaming because Halo 5  will be awesome with it's wii-like fps superior control scheme? 

Who's quitting because God Of War 4 will have 1:1 control over your weapons instead of button mashing?

Show yourself :P

Dude, you are a Wii fanatic and this Wiitopia future you invisioned will never happen. BOOOOOOOOOO.

I hate the way the industry is headed. I might actually quit gaming if next gen is triple the crap it is this gen.
I'm nearly 22 and i've been gaming since i was 6 or 7.

I don't care how many consoles Wii sells, I don't think that motion controllers are going to make 27+ years of traditional controls obsolete in one generation, especially at their current level of functionality. I own a Wii, and I enjoy it, but if I had to give one of my systems up I'd choose the Wii in a heartbeat, because to me a gimmick doesn't outweigh fun video games.

I, and a lot of other people I know, hardly even use the Wiimote as it is. Most of my friends who are Wii owners ALWAYS play with the GC controller if that option is available. I think Wii is doing well because it's a fresh idea that garnered a lot of interest coupled with Nintendo's absurdly good first party game development. It's something different and interesting for people to try. If all 3 systems move to a primarily motion-control setup, though, you will no doubt see tremendous backlash.

RolStoppable said:
What is U-Force?

deadt0m said:
I don't care how many consoles Wii sells, I don't think that motion controllers are going to make 27+ years of traditional controls obsolete in one generation, especially at their current level of functionality. I own a Wii, and I enjoy it, but if I had to give one of my systems up I'd choose the Wii in a heartbeat, because to me a gimmick doesn't outweigh fun video games.

I, and a lot of other people I know, hardly even use the Wiimote as it is. Most of my friends who are Wii owners ALWAYS play with the GC controller if that option is available. I think Wii is doing well because it's a fresh idea that garnered a lot of interest coupled with Nintendo's absurdly good first party game development. It's something different and interesting for people to try. If all 3 systems move to a primarily motion-control setup, though, you will no doubt see tremendous backlash.

I do too. I also never use the stylus on DS games if its not required.