By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Homosexuality In Games?

No, that is not correct at all. Why would you even say that? You know that it's a lie.

Around the Network
I like Bacon said:
No, that is not correct at all. Why would you even say that? You know that it's a lie.

Meaning the Christians and the catholics..If you read the old testament..their is a story about two men traveling and they end up in a gay town...So god send an angel to protect them..and then the town get's destroyed

mesoteto said:
It will never work to trick people like that

Samus got away with it b/c the majority of the crowd was horny straight males, they saw chic in bikini and would let it slid

If it were a gay dude…epic firestorm and the game would have sales dry up among the crowd you were targeting (however the gay gamer community would grab the game with open arms)

But the group your trying to trick into it would rebel on a massive scale

Plus with the available amount of info in the net these days something that epic would never stay secret

I agree with you.

Some of the people who purchase games are already outcast without having to take on another person's cause. People who are pursecuted sometimes tend to dump on the next group.

I think about Alpha Flight, a comic, that had some popular characters in it. One of which, came out as being gay, a guy called North Star.

He was treated like the plague after.

What happens is men star ribbing other men about their associations saying if you read a book that has a gay in it you must be one too.

In gaming many men are attacked for playing as a woman character, especially if you have a choice. "Dude, why did you pick a chick."

Personally, since my goal is to play a game and not to be in a game, I always go for the prettiest character because that is what I am going to have to stare at for the duration of the game. Who pick the ugliest car or wallpaper their desktops with something they don't like?

That sounds like complete BS.

You know....I came to a very disturbing realization the other day at work(Gamestop)
This lady, after being told numerous times that GTAIV contains graphic violence, nudity, drugs, and the like, she did not care. Her 11 year old son wanted the game so she was going to get it for him regardless of it's contents.

The next day the same lady returned, with GTAIV in hand. When we asked her why was she returning it, she thought it was inappropriate for her kids. We asked what was it exactly, the killing? the drugs? the violence? the hookers? the swearing? She said no, it was the one gay character in the game, she ended with saying "I dont want my kids exposed to that sort of thing!"............

W.......T..........F.......0_o? Apparently that is the worst possible thing her kids could possibly be exposed to in that game, homosexuality? Needless to say the staff was relatively disgusted with the women and proceeded in mocking her upon her exit.

If we are to pave way for homosexual characters in video games I think it should be done stealthly. Dont go advertising the fact, just subtly slip it in there. Because once some biggoted minded moron catches wif of it, it will flop. It is sad really.

I personally love Kanji from Persona 4, he was the shit. Yea, he is a closeted homosexual and even at the end of the game refused to admit it, he was so damn cool. Especially when you see his "shadow" self, and how awesomely flamboyant he is. Kanji himself though was not stereotypical "girly" gay though. I pray for more inventive game characters like him.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network

^Wow, that is messed up! O_o

Firstly, I'd like to know in what game would a gay main character be required.

Second, having a gay main character would most likely kill sales, and as above, I do not see where a gay main character would be needed. And having a gay main character means its alot harder for the player to relate, which means the game won't be perceived in the same manner.

And, personally, I would hate having a game push homosexuality on me and would not buy it. The only reason a game would have a gay main character would be the developer trying to push a political point.

I dont mean to get off topic here, but gay people wonder why some take such offense to them, its because they are not content with being gay, they have to try to push aspects of their life onto others who simply do not want it.

Zizzla_Rachet said:
I like Bacon said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
I like Bacon said:
I wish the whole world thought like me. i think the world would be a better place. I mean, it's not my fault I was born like this.

Do you believe in Jesus Christ?

yes, but what does that have to do with being gay? I thought Jesus said that we shouldn't hate any group of people.

Bucuase the people that follow Jesus Christ believe in a god that destroy's homosexuality

This is not what this thread is about so can we please not talk about it. It's okay whatever you believe in but we are not hear to talk about religion.

We are here to talk about if people are okay with gay characters in games. Yes some may not like if because of their religious beliefs but we are not here to talk about those beliefs

You know i am surprised, but i am happy. Many people are actually okay with it. More so than i would have thought. Yes there are few who can't take that but that is fine.

@I like bacon

Nothing is wrong with homosexuality, but to others there are things wrong with it. People do have to be ready because some can't think for themselves and accept others.

I'll just pretend that I never knew they were gay.

That's kinda sad though lightning. Maybe in the future things will be better. I hope.