By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - American anime or Japanese anime?

I don't like them both but I have to go with...............Japanese I guess. I would definitely go with Japanese if they would stop grunting a lot:P

Favorite films. Foreign films forever!

Around the Network

off topic, love your sig, dunno why but there's something about the Infamous dude getting smacked by the train that makes me want the game more.

On topic, Japanese: hands down. sure Americans make some great ones but Japan edges it because you can get som truely "out there" stories.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Japan all the way...

Former something....

@Ajescent

Thanks (even though I didn't make it)

I'm already hyped for the game, looking at the gif makes me want it more:P

The definition for anime is 'Japanese Animation' so a better term for this would be American and Japanese Animation.
Anime is my pick, I'm a big fan of animu :D Though I have to admit, american animation has come a long way... but it is still..... american :p

Around the Network

really it would be american cartoons... but you can't compare them. I love me some Spongebob, but anime is just tons tons deeper, and there are many different anime for a wide variety of ages, where american animation is really set for a younger audience, with the acception of a few shows, but they're all comedies (though I love comedy.)

Pokemon wins.
Beyblade came close.

EDIT: I just realised... i posted 2 Japanese cartoons my bad.

Samurai Jack came close!

Forgive my extreme ignorance of all things anime, but...what's American anime? Boondocks?

For some of you, this is what I mean by American anime

Dragonball Z, Pokemon and several others made my childhood sweet.

Shaman King, Cowboy Bebop, and several others made my adolscence sweet.

I'll go with Japanese.

Pixel Art can be fun.