By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - American anime or Japanese anime?

Neither...

But i'll go with Japan for now, they got Miyazaki and Oshii

Around the Network

the boondocks > japan .

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Japanese wins it for me aswell. But its a good mix of both. Pokemon, DBZ, spongebob, and so much more. And LOTS OF ANIME i am loving too as in Death Note, Code Geass, Full Metal Alchemist. Because i believe pokemon, dbz, and spongebob are cartoons.....

chris1_16 said:

For some of you, this is what I mean by American anime

Thank you much.

Valkyria00 said:
Dunno how big this thread is gonna get but I gotta say......

Boondocks and Avatar: The Last Airbender are NOT anime. They are American cartoons.
Americans dont make anime.

Only post.

*Runs*

Why are you running? It's not like "anime" is a badge of honor, and "non-anime" is an insult; the term is just a style of animation...

Boondocks and Avatar: The Last Airbender are NOT anime. They are American cartoons.

Only post.

*Runs*

EDIT - Oh and dont listen to Soriku he hardly knows anything about Japan or anime and otakus. Dont label him as one. He is a noob and knows nothing yet so dont argue or take his posts seriously when it comes to anime.

2nd EDIT - Im too tired to explain both of the above posts. So dont ask me just hope you take my word for it.=P

Around the Network
MrBubbles said:
the boondocks > japan .

I thought the boondocks uses Japanese anime?

Favorite films. Foreign films forever!

Can't beat Japan when it comes to Anime

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)

Soriku said:
Valkyria00 said:

Only post.

*Runs*

EDIT - Oh and dont listen to Soriku he hardly knows anything about Japan or anime and otakus. Dont label him as one. He is a noob and knows nothing yet so dont argue or take his posts seriously when it comes to anime.

So how do I not be a noob anymore?

I'm glad I'm not an otaku at least :P

When you speak Japanese and/or take Japanese classes. :P

Pixel Art can be fun.

I suppose I'd go with Japan. The Boondocks and Avatar: TLAB are better than 99% of anime I've seen, but for every Boondocks there are 100 Totally Spies. That being said, most Japanese anime I've seen sucks too, especially in recent years, so it doesn't win out by much.

boxydancer said:
I suppose I'd go with Japan. The Boondocks and Avatar: TLAB are better than 99% of anime I've seen, but for every Boondocks there are 100 Totally Spies. That being said, most Japanese anime I've seen sucks too, especially in recent years, so it doesn't win out by much.

Hey! I liked Totally Spies.  Alex, Sam and Clover are more likeable than Riley, Huey and Robert.

Pixel Art can be fun.