By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - If I were a Palestinian...

Tyrannical said:

superchunk said:

If I were a Palestinian, I would dismantle the fiction called the "Palestinian Authority," ending the show called "the peace process" and sending away the "contributing nations."

Why not just eliminate the fiction called Palestinian?

There is no Palestinian language, culture, ethnic group, or practicaly anything else, they are Arabs that just hapen to be living there.

Redneck in cultural denial again !

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Around the Network
Tyrannical said:

superchunk said:

If I were a Palestinian, I would dismantle the fiction called the "Palestinian Authority," ending the show called "the peace process" and sending away the "contributing nations."

There is no Palestinian language, culture, ethnic group, or practicaly anything else, they are Arabs that just hapen to be living there.

LOL

ot: If I was in Palestine -since am already a palestinian- I would've made my own group

Tyrannical said:

superchunk said:

Oh noes!!! Palestine's a lie!1!!

I have one person telling me it doesn't exist and a map telling me it does/

SOMEONE TELL ME THE TRUTH!!!!! 

Kasz216 said:
Sardauk said:
Kasz216 said:
If I was born a Palestinian... I'd move.

How exactly ?

Walk.  Walk to the borders... and wait for them to be open... and get the hell out. 

That exactly what they are doing.  Israel has turned Palestine from an occupied territory to a large prison camp.  There are mine zones, no man lands, numerous fences, and walls surrounding Palestinians on all sides.  Whenever a fence is torn down in less militarized areas (parts of Gaza and Egyptian border) there is a huge mob rush for Palestinians to get out.  Israel hurries up and closes it off though because as people are rushing to get out of Palestine there are people bringing in weapons and supplies the other way.

Tyrannical said:

superchunk said:

Palestine is an ethnic group and has its own culture.  Just because they speak Arabic and there isnt a Palestinian language doesnt mean they arent their own group.  Morroco and Syria speak the same language, so they should be the same country.  America doesnt have its own language, maybe we should rejoin the United Kingdom.

The word Palestine itself is derived from Philistine, and is pernounced that way in Arabic (I really dont know why we call it Palestine, though that was the Roman name for the region).  The Philistines have been there since before the Hebrews moved in, and should have more rights to Palestine (Philistine) land than the European Jews we put there after World War II.

The obvious answer is for Palestine to be given its own country without being occupied or dominated by Israel.  Israelis and Palestinians are too different and there is too much bad history for anything good to ever come out of the continued Israeli occupation of Palestine.

Around the Network

I would probably become a terrorist and restore peace and justice in the region.

Sardauk said:
Kasz216 said:
Sardauk said:
Kasz216 said:

How exactly ?

Walk.  Walk to the borders... and wait for them to be open... and get the hell out.  Then continue walking until I found a better place for myself.

Last thing I need is to be run by a government that intentionally attacks civilians for no damn reason... even if the other option is corrupt.  If those are my only two options.  I'm getting out.

Nationalism like that and fighting for land you feel should be yours... that you know like nothing about...is a joke.

Heck it's a joke if you DO know about it.  It's not worth it and all it does it make things worse for future generations.

The problem is that leaving the country for a palestinian is practicaly impossible... must be the worst place on earth ...

Except... a lot of people just did recently when Egypt opened up the border for a bit.  It'd be an easy thing to go across the border for humanitarian aid and leave.

If it wasn't for fear of extremists murdering you I'm sure you could pull off a group for leaving and get ammnesty in a country like the United States or some Europeon countries.

Parokki said:
Tyrannical said:

superchunk said:

Yeah, just like those silly wayward Europeans calling themselves Americans. I can't see a difference, so clearly there is none.

I'd consider the Palestinians more like the Native Americans.   Though it was the UK & UN that screwed them over.  Not Israel.

Continued resistance will bring nothing but bad things.  They'd be smart to take the best deal they can get... and then continue lobbying as a state with it's own borders and such.  Until they agree to a deal Israel will be able to do as they please.

As it stands they've kinda pushed it... Israel is getting more and more right wing and "Screw them i'm sick of being attacked by rockets.  I want it to stop no matter what."

Continuation down that path is not going to end well.

ManusJustus said:
Tyrannical said:

superchunk said:

Palestine is an ethnic group and has its own culture.  Just because they speak Arabic and there isnt a Palestinian language doesnt mean they arent their own group.  Morroco and Syria speak the same language, so they should be the same country.  America doesnt have its own language, maybe we should rejoin the United Kingdom.

The word Palestine itself is derived from Philistine, and is pernounced that way in Arabic (I really dont know why we call it Palestine, though that was the Roman name for the region).  The Philistines have been there since before the Hebrews moved in, and should have more rights to Palestine (Philistine) land than the European Jews we put there after World War II.

The obvious answer is for Palestine to be given its own country without being occupied or dominated by Israel.  Israelis and Palestinians are too different and there is too much bad history for anything good to ever come out of the continued Israeli occupation of Palestine.

The Philistines are extinct, and they were a non-Semitic people. Modern so called Palestinians have nothing to do with the ancient Philistines. Palestinians are Arab immigrants that came to the region several hundreds of years after the Jews were cast out of Israel by the Romans in 135 C.E.

Kasz216 said:
Sardauk said:
Kasz216 said:
Sardauk said:
Kasz216 said:

How exactly ?

Walk.  Walk to the borders... and wait for them to be open... and get the hell out.  Then continue walking until I found a better place for myself.

Last thing I need is to be run by a government that intentionally attacks civilians for no damn reason... even if the other option is corrupt.  If those are my only two options.  I'm getting out.

Nationalism like that and fighting for land you feel should be yours... that you know like nothing about...is a joke.

Heck it's a joke if you DO know about it.  It's not worth it and all it does it make things worse for future generations.

The problem is that leaving the country for a palestinian is practicaly impossible... must be the worst place on earth ...

Except... a lot of people just did recently when Egypt opened up the border for a bit.  It'd be an easy thing to go across the border for humanitarian aid and leave.

If it wasn't for fear of extremists murdering you I'm sure you could pull off a group for leaving and get ammnesty in a country like the United States or some Europeon countries.

not true unless a lot here means less than 1 thousand

I don't remember the numbers i'll look them up later