By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Next Big Thing in Gaming IS...?

perpride said:
CHYUII said:
perpride said:
S.T.A.G.E. - Not at all. My idea of pushing video gaming to the next level has absolutely nothing to do with hardware potency. It has to do with bringing gaming into the mainstream and appealing to as wide of an audience as you can. Yes, it's something the Wii is doing today. It's also something that PS1 & PS2 did, hence their record-breaking numbers. That, my friend, is called pushing gaming in a direction. Making CD's the platform for their games instead of a cartridge allowed third parties to use the space for their advantage, so I could see why some people would say that pushed gaming to the next level, but that was not what I was talking about.

I agree with you in a way. PS1 did bring more people into system gaming than before, because of an increased customer base you there is a potential of more funding and revenue for the industry.

The down side is all of the horrors we are witnessing on the Wii.

Shovelware (because games or the format (discs/cart.) are cheap)

New gamers having different taste than previous customer base (Carnival Games at no.1).

That's fair. But as examples like PS1 and 2 show, shovelware can indeed be accompanied by amazing games. A lot of garbage comes out on Wii today, and it seems like quite a bit of it appeals to a broader audience. At the same time, however, the console has some of the highest rated exclusives of this gen. and is recieving quite a bit of third party love at this point.

Not going to argue with you for stating the otherside, I agree with you even if I did not include it in my statement.

So don't fire the cannons captain, keep the Blue Ocean.

Around the Network

CHUYI has made a point with the Head Tracking.

The video is out now for some time, i think more than a year.

WHY DOES NINTENDO SEEM TO BE IN NO AWARENESS AT ALL OF THIS POSSIBILITY!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
IS IT POSSIBLE THAT NO ONE IN KYOTO HAS EVER HEARD OF IT?????????????

How? I mean how? How?

I don't get it. If  they had, there must have been thousands of game developers who thought the same as me. The first time i watched this video my jaw dropped crushingly to the floor. I thought "This is it, THAT is why the Wii was such an innovatively designed console".
It was proof how versatile and multifarious the Wii actually is. How the motion control in itself would bring tons of new ideas to be used in simple ways and variations, to march a big step into the world of 3D interaction.

The Wii how it is used by developers it provides actually a huge scope of variations to build into games (greatest example is Zack & Wiki), but the good games come along like only once a quarter.

The Wii may not have the technical power of its current competition, but thats ok, it is still powerful enough for its purpose. The Games to prove that, THEY are missing. Concentrating on huge legs of software seems to slow down the pace of publications.

It is a real pity. The Wii could provide great games month after month, however they dont come.

And the way the asian guy proposed Games could further enhance the experience of gaming. Imagine playin Metroid Prime that way...........

I hope Nintendo holds a good arsenal of new options this E3...........

If they don't exploit the depth of alternative usage possibilities it would be a huge waste and a lost chance of Nintendo to once again prove it's THE Innovator who drives the industry forward in terms of gaming interface.

mafiogee said:

CHUYI has made a point with the Head Tracking.

The video is out now for some time, i think more than a year.

WHY DOES NINTENDO SEEM TO BE IN NO AWARENESS AT ALL OF THIS POSSIBILITY!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I don't get it. The first time i watched this video my jaw dropped crushingly to the floor. I thought "This is it, THAT is why the Wii was such an innovatively designed console".
It was proof how versatile and multifarious the Wii actually is. How the motion control in itself would bring tons of new ideas to be used in simple ways and variations, to march a big step into the world of 3D interaction.

The Wii how it is used by developers it provides actually a huge scope of variations to build into games (greatest example is Zack & Wiki), but the good games come along like only once a quarter.

The Wii may not have the technical power of its current competition, but thats ok, it is still powerful enough for its purpose. The Games to prove that, THEY are missing. Concentrating on huge legs of software seems to slow down the pace of publications.

It is a real pity. The Wii could provide great games month after month, however they dont come.

And the way the asian guy proposed Games could further enhance the experience of gaming. Imagine playin Metroid Prime that way...........

I hope Nintendo holds a good arsenal of new options this E3...........

If they don't exploit the depth of alternative usage possibilities it would be a huge waste and a lost chance of Nintendo to once again prove it's THE Innovator who drives the industry forward in terms of gaming interface.

If Sony or MS come out with it 1st I am going to be upset.

The conduit.

ctk495 said:
The conduit.

LOL

I hope so.

*bows head and prays*

Around the Network

Racing RPG's...

We've already got Action, Strategy, TPS, and FPS mixed in there...

4 ≈ One

Dgc1808 said:
Racing RPG's...

How would that work?

CHYUII said:
Dgc1808 said:
Racing RPG's...

How would that work?

Who knows...

15 years ago, I wouldn't be able to answer the same question for Action and TPS either... now we have Mass Effect and Tales of series....

4 ≈ One

Dgc1808 said:
CHYUII said:
Dgc1808 said:
Racing RPG's...

How would that work?

Who knows...

15 years ago, I wouldn't be able to answer the same question for Action and TPS either... now we have Mass Effect and Tales of series....

True. I'm game for it. As long as it's not card based.

CHYUII said:
Dgc1808 said:
CHYUII said:
Dgc1808 said:
Racing RPG's...

How would that work?

Who knows...

True. I'm game for it. As long as it's not card based.

LOL

4 ≈ One