By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Who here thinks ps3 is Sonys' last videogame console?

Jeronimo66 said:
Akvod said:
Jeronimo66 said:
Akvod said:
You made a thread where Xbox will pretty much monopolize all hardcore games due to Sony going out, and now this?...

I'm sure that if Sony has the money and time to make another console, along with faith that the brand is still strong enough, that they will make another console. Nintendo won this generation after "losing" last gen. Xbox beat PS this generation. Why the double standard? Compared to last gen, PS3 isn't losing as badly as the other 2 consoles, and they're selling well in Japan, neck to neck in Europe.

We have no idea what will happen next gen, so there should be no reason to doubt that the PS brand won't "win" next gen. As for whether or not Sony's execs have confidence in the PS brand anymore, why are they continually making new IPs, adding so many features, and being so competitive? That doesn't seem like an attempt to milk a console for some cheap $.

Please provide the link where I made that thread.

Ahhh, got you mixed up with txrattlesnake

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=69971

But you've been making a lot of blatant anti PS threads recently so it's hard not to...  in general there's really a lot of bad anti-PS3 threads. Can't someone just make really pro-Xbox/Wii threads in their respective forums instead of going into the competition's boards to troll them?

An apology would be nice thank you.

Sorry.

Around the Network
Smashchu2 said:
Akvod said:
You made a thread where Xbox will pretty much monopolize all hardcore games due to Sony going out, and now this?...

I'm sure that if Sony has the money and time to make another console, along with faith that the brand is still strong enough, that they will make another console. Nintendo won this generation after "losing" last gen. Xbox beat PS this generation. Why the double standard? Compared to last gen, PS3 isn't losing as badly as the other 2 consoles, and they're selling well in Japan, neck to neck in Europe.

We have no idea what will happen next gen, so there should be no reason to doubt that the PS brand won't "win" next gen. As for whether or not Sony's execs have confidence in the PS brand anymore, why are they continually making new IPs, adding so many features, and being so competitive? That doesn't seem like an attempt to milk a console for some cheap $.

Nintendo had to disrupt the industry to do so though. They are also the only company to do it on purpose.

Truthfully, I think this is Sony's last system. Sony is not a dedicated game company. Nintendo is. This is why Nintendo went to great lengths and took great risk on the DS and Wii. Sony is motivated by the overall health of the company as well as the share holders interest. If the Playstation sector is bleeding cash (and it is), then why hurt the rest of the company to keep it alive based on good brandname. If it was good, then why is the PS3 in last place? Sony will not be focused on staying in the business and disrupting it. They, in their minds, have better things to do.

Let's not forget the company is in major restructering. Why not kill the Playstation brand that is dieing and definatly will not last 10 years? Heck, they will probably have to start making a new system soon, costing them more R&D money. Now would be a great time to leave the business.

Never forget that Sony is not a game company. Their interest are based on entertainment, and they only presue what makes them money. Nintendo went the route it did becuase they are a game company. Sony is following the path of a conglomeration. Apose to what everyone wants to beleive, Sony will not put games first.

very well put

its not a bad thing, i have a dreamcast still

but man if sony did close the gaming down, i think the entire internet will burn and all computers on earth will catch fire

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

i doubt it. PS4 will come out eventually. Maybe a little later than the comptetition but it will release regardless

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Yes I think it is!

The next playstation is going to be so advanced that calling it a video games console will be an insult to its glory.

The competition will have to console themselves with the inferior title!

@OP only in your own wet fanboy dreams. I'd say if Microsoft doesn't make REAL profit at the end of the X360's life (and that's making STRONG profit, not "finishing second" or whatever you may daydream) I'm more inclined to think the X360 will be their last. Sony PlayStation? A brand that is just as strong as ever, undisputable king for 2 generations/12 years you think it'll be just boxed away? I repeat : only in your own wet fanboy dreams.

Around the Network

no, sony cant loose the "living room". they make tvs, blue ray plyers,etc.

I don't.

no, not at all.

Playstation is still by far and away the most recognised brand of games console that still exists (Gameboy is finished). Sony would be mad to drop the PS4 because it has a lot of potential and would almost make a profit...

Plus I think it's pretty obvious that they have something in development.

Smashchu2 said:
Akvod said:

Nintendo had to disrupt the industry to do so though. They are also the only company to do it on purpose.

Truthfully, I think this is Sony's last system. Sony is not a dedicated game company. Nintendo is. This is why Nintendo went to great lengths and took great risk on the DS and Wii. Sony is motivated by the overall health of the company as well as the share holders interest. If the Playstation sector is bleeding cash (and it is), then why hurt the rest of the company to keep it alive based on good brandname. If it was good, then why is the PS3 in last place? Sony will not be focused on staying in the business and disrupting it. They, in their minds, have better things to do.

Let's not forget the company is in major restructering. Why not kill the Playstation brand that is dieing and definatly will not last 10 years? Heck, they will probably have to start making a new system soon, costing them more R&D money. Now would be a great time to leave the business.

Never forget that Sony is not a game company. Their interest are based on entertainment, and they only presue what makes them money. Nintendo went the route it did becuase they are a game company. Sony is following the path of a conglomeration. Apose to what everyone wants to beleive, Sony will not put games first.

Wouldn't the majority of the points in this post apply to Microsoft also since they are far from a console making company, being only in the software business until recent years...

Cmon dude whats the point of these type of threads?wouldnt u feel angry if sum1 made a thread like this about xbox?and i think there is definitely going to be a ps4

Being a cricket fan is much simpler and more fun