By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGchartz's Demon's Souls thread

Packie said:
Ldn.se said:

Ive just played the NA version I bought in 2009 and wow - online is full of life! Its good to see that this game is still so popular. Will we ever see a DLC?

Well, Atlus and From Software haven't confirmed any DLC support but honestly I would love to see an expansion pack.

Thats whats pissing me off. You can get a lot od DLCs for games that struggle to sell 500k yet this game, so loved by its fans gets nothing!

Around the Network
Ldn.se said:
Packie said:
Ldn.se said:

Ive just played the NA version I bought in 2009 and wow - online is full of life! Its good to see that this game is still so popular. Will we ever see a DLC?

Well, Atlus and From Software haven't confirmed any DLC support but honestly I would love to see an expansion pack.

Thats whats pissing me off. You can get a lot od DLCs for games that struggle to sell 500k yet this game, so loved by its fans gets nothing!

That depends on the developers. it's up to them if they want to support the game post-launch or move on to other projects which is what From Software is apparently doing with Project Dark.

Packie said:
Ldn.se said:
Packie said:
Ldn.se said:

That depends on the developers. it's up to them if they want to support the game post-launch or move on to other projects which is what From Software is apparently doing with Project Dark.

Sony is missing out on making this IP huge. Some of my psn friends play only this game and sometimes when you check profiles of people uve played with - they only have DS trophies. It means that they either bought ps3 for this game (which I believe) or have a new account and play only ds. Sony could have paid for xtra content and also spend some cash on ads but no, they've been blind.

I tried once again this game, but there's so much thing I don't understand.

I beat the first boss in Boletarian palace. Now, I have acces to another part of the Boletarian palace, a long road burnt by dragon. The third part is very hard, and I get toasted by the dragon, the rare occasion when I got past this I had not enough hp to beat the blue eyed soldier :// So I tried the others realms that were opened to me, but the level was to high and the enemies were too strong. 

How do I know on which part I can go according to my level ? I really don't understand how I can pex in that game.

Killy_Vorkosigan said:

I tried once again this game, but there's so much thing I don't understand.

I beat the first boss in Boletarian palace. Now, I have acces to another part of the Boletarian palace, a long road burnt by dragon. The third part is very hard, and I get toasted by the dragon, the rare occasion when I got past this I had not enough hp to beat the blue eyed soldier :// So I tried the others realms that were opened to me, but the level was to high and the enemies were too strong. 

How do I know on which part I can go according to my level ? I really don't understand how I can pex in that game.

Oh yeah, the dreaded third part of the long road. I nearly gave up on the game beacuse of that area. >.>

Here's what you can do:

- Bring a Bow/crossbow, Soul ray or Fireball(recommendly a crossbow)

- When you reach the end of the third long road, before the archers, hide behind the large cart and let only one of the archers face you. (you can easily block one archer's attack)

- Kill all the archers with bow/spell/crossbow while using the cart as a cover and then proceed to the first blue knight.

- Ok this guy is little tricky but easy if you figure out his patterns, although I recommend attacking him after he swings a big one, he'll scream loudly while attacking and that's your chance to attack because it'll take him a second to recover from his attack. Do the same thing to the next guy.

- Turn right then climb the tower, you'll find a couple of items and two archers.

After you finish all that, you can proceed to the next boss and oh boy is he hard one for first timers. I recommend beating this boss first and then proceed to the other worlds. (preferably stonefang tunnel or tower of latria)

Around the Network

Thanks for the answer ! Everytime I come back to this game I find it harder and harder. The thing is, I have the impression I have to get in the level to take some souls, then do not complete the level but just come back to the Nexus for  upgrading. Am I right ?

I just found out that the black maiden was proposing to exchange skill point for souls. Oh btw, what is the soul level for ?

Killy_Vorkosigan said:

Thanks for the answer ! Everytime I come back to this game I find it harder and harder. The thing is, I have the impression I have to get in the level to take some souls, then do not complete the level but just come back to the Nexus for  upgrading. Am I right ?

I just found out that the black maiden was proposing to exchange skill point for souls. Oh btw, what is the soul level for ?

Yeah, upgrading whenever you can is a good idea but I recommend getting a talisman and the "evacuate" miracle so you can save a lot of time and easily go back to the Nexus without backtracking or losing souls.

Soul Level indicates, well, your level obviously but it also lets you play with or compete against other players with a similar soul level to yours if you're playing online.

@ Killy_Vorkosigan: I didn't have great problems with the third part of the long road, even though the blue eye knight did kill me the first time. Mainly because the freeking archers were not dead yet and I was afraid to not get burned so I ended up i the middle of them. Bad move. Anyway, I faced the tower knight once and died swiftly, after which I tried another place. Wasn't wery difficult, especially the Stonefang tunnel is not too hard at first. The fat official's attacks are blockable, but don't stand to close cause he has an attack that will break your guard. BTW, what class are you?

How do i free Biorr of the Twin Fangs? I could use some help against the Penetrator. I know i need a key that can be found in 1-3 but i dont know where.

pizzahut451 said:

How do i free Biorr of the Twin Fangs? I could use some help against the Penetrator. I know i need a key that can be found in 1-3 but i dont know where.

You get it from the first Fat Official you fight. He's the fat guy with a smiley face/mask thing.