By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 1 vs 100 will be free!

coasterlove said:
I'm actually really looking forward to this. Other than "Spring", is there an official launch date yet? If I have the time and it works with my schedule, I might try to play this a lot. It should be fun and I like trivia games if done right. And I won't mind any free prizes I might win no matter how small.

May 17th or something like that.  The first prize will be a car.  It was announced a little while ago.  I think Toyota was the first sponser.

Around the Network

LOL...it's free for people who value their XBL experience to pay for the full service. BTW, if you're paying full price of $49.99 for the membership, you're a moron, and deserve what you get...

This is a nice addition, and I'm sure we will see some eye popping stats on this one, when it launches.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Free stuff is great!! +1 for MS

People are failing to see that it isnt really free...

Live Subscription is needed.

Live Subscription costs money...

This is a great idea and may incourage those on the edge of going Gold to get it...

I don't have a 360 atm but I sure would be loving to try this game out... although, I would be getting live Gold with or without it, so this is just an added bonus.

Now what would be really cool is if they recorded the 1 vs 100 shows, and broadcasted them to none Gold members so they could see the gameplay, but couldn't participate! HAHA. would be funny.

It's me...  no really, it IS me!!!

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:

I think it's people like you who are failing to see that it is free.  You use gold for gaming and Netflix and other features.  This is a "free" addition and you do not have to pay for it.  If you join Gold just for this, then you are paying only a fraction of $40 a year for this as you get all the other great features included

Carl2291 said:

Lets not pretend like this game is the only thing Live subscription offers...

DirtyP2002 said:

Microsoft confirm that 1 vs 100 will be free

By xboxhornet

UPDATE: Roumored release date is May 15th

Update no 2: 1 vs 100 confirmed for the UK

From the Xbox product page for 1 vs 100 we can confirm that 1 vs 100 will be free to Gold Members, this is exciting news and we are lookings forward to try the game and seeing how it plays. 1 vs 100 could be a revolution in video games.

Details from Xbox.com

“Features
1 vs 100 Live on Xbox LIVE transforms you from spectator to player in this new socially interactive game experience based upon the hit TV game show. Enjoy the fun and freshness of a television show in a massively multiplayer online game. Win real prizes not just for skills but for participation. Have fun playing with your friends and family, or compete with other LIVE Gold members in a friendly game of 1 vs 100 Live. With live events, real hosts, featured players, and fresh content it’s a new experience every time you play.

Free game: 1 vs 100 Live is included with your Gold Membership.
Fun for everyone: Enjoy Live episodes where you play the game at specified times, massively multiplayer allows you to play with friends and against the masses, with a Live host in each game.
Big prizes! You have the chance to win prizes based on skill (answering questions correctly) and participation (answering a question right or wrong).

Inside the Game
1 vs 100 Live Community Forum

Product Info
1 vs 100
Developer: Microsoft Game Studios

Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios

Genre: Family

Release Date: Spring 2009

Console: Xbox 360

http://xboxhornet.wordpress.com/2009/04/25/microsoft-confirm-that-1-vs-100-will-be-free/

This game looks pretty damn cool!

"I don't have time to play video games anymore, but if I did, I would definitely choose the PlayStation 3 instead of the 360" - President Barack Obama

Carl2291 said:

Yes, we get it. You've mentioned it three times in this thread. Now stop with the trolling.

We got the Gold account to play games online and Microsoft is throwing us a bone for free.

Xbox Live actually generates money you know. Not like Sony who forces developers/publishers to cover bandwidth cost.

Carl2291 said:

Stupid way of looking at it. The reason it is free for Gold members is because they're the only ones that can play it anyways. I'm sure Microsoft would have no issues offering it for free for Silver members, but what would be the point? It's an online only game. Silver members couldn't do anything with it.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.