By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 1 vs 100 will be free!

Onyxmeth said:
Carl2291 said:
People are failing to see that it isnt really free...

Live Subscription is needed.

Live Subscription costs money...

Stupid way of looking at it. The reason it is free for Gold members is because they're the only ones that can play it anyways. I'm sure Microsoft would have no issues offering it for free for Silver members, but what would be the point? It's an online only game. Silver members couldn't do anything with it.

I don't think MS wants to give this to non-paying members this game. But if they can give me more of a reason to be happy that I have a Gold account I will gladly accept. However I wish they would offer more content for using avatars online.

Around the Network
BobSaget said:
Carl2291 said:

Yes, we get it. You've mentioned it three times in this thread. Now stop with the trolling.

We got the Gold account to play games online and Microsoft is throwing us a bone for free.

Xbox Live actually generates money you know. Not like Sony who forces developers/publishers to cover bandwidth cost.

He's not trolling at all. I agree with Carl. It's not free...you pay for it when you're a gold member. It might be better to say « It's free for gold members ».

Boutros said:
BobSaget said:
Carl2291 said:

Yes, we get it. You've mentioned it three times in this thread. Now stop with the trolling.

We got the Gold account to play games online and Microsoft is throwing us a bone for free.

Xbox Live actually generates money you know. Not like Sony who forces developers/publishers to cover bandwidth cost.

He's not trolling at all. I agree with Carl. It's not free...you pay for it when you're a gold member. It might be better to say « It's free for gold members ».

It's not as simple as that. Let's say Microsoft offered it free to everybody. You would call it free then, but still only the Gold members could play it. Everyone else could only download it and stare at the menu screen. So it's not a feature set of the Gold membership account, more than it's MS having common sense enough to only offer it to the people that can play it.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Boutros said:
BobSaget said:
Carl2291 said:

You mean like, in the OP where Carl read, supposedly, and ignored, just to proclaim it actually isn't free?

From the Xbox product page for 1 vs 100 we can confirm that 1 vs 100 will be free to Gold Members

nightsurge said:
Boutros said:
BobSaget said:
Carl2291 said:

You mean like, in the OP where Carl read, supposedly, and ignored, just to proclaim it actually isn't free?

From the Xbox product page for 1 vs 100 we can confirm that 1 vs 100 will be free to Gold Members

No I meant the title of the thread

Around the Network

Woah... i got hated in this thread

Anyway, all im saying is its not really free... which its not.

Less of the hating... your making me feel emo

MonstaMack said:
Yeah I meant my Gamescore. Wish MS would give the option to delete my gamescore for that game. I rather have 0 pts then own it. Same goes my GTAIV (didn't care for it but tutorial gave me five points :() Mass Effect (ended up getting the PC version) and a few other games.

Hold the phone! you hated GTA 4 you played only the tutorial and you hate it you have to be kidding?

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Carl2291 said:

Could also jsut be an incentive for people lookign into Gold just like Netflix and Exclusive Demo access for a week and so forth. I'm not sure why this bothers you as I can see you're a Gold Member.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Carl2291 said:

As an already gold member, are you planning on paying extra to get this?  No?  Then it's free to gold members, as stated.

heruamon said:
LOL...it's free for people who value their XBL experience to pay for the full service. BTW, if you're paying full price of $49.99 for the membership, you're a moron, and deserve what you get...

This is a nice addition, and I'm sure we will see some eye popping stats on this one, when it launches.

Actually pal buyign the 12 month card of Xbox Gold Membership for $49.99 saves you money. Its cheaper than buying say... 4 3 month cards for $19.99. I always do a year when mine is up as long as I have the cash.

So actually you are the idiot if you cannnot see this to be begin with.