By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 3 preorder update...

Parokki said:
leo-j said:
I think its going to have a 90% attach ratio.

This is extremely unrealistic. Even Halo 2 had "only" around 33%, so I'd say 3 has a solid shot at 50%, at least for a while.

In order to hit 90% they'd have to sell about 10mil in a few weeks, and continue to keep pace w/ 360 sales. Ain't gonna happen. I can see 1-2 million through October, and maybe 5 by year's end, which would be about 30-33% if 360 ends the year w/ 15-16m units.

Around the Network

No I can see 2 million sold in the first week.

mM

Try over two million in the first 24 hours, leo.

TWRoO said:
there are 3 versions? whats the difference?
also $95 wtf!... is this the rrp or are shops taking the piss.

No, the legendary version is like 100 bucks.  The other 2 versions are kind of like the 2 different versions with halo 2, but the legendary is supposed to come with even MORE stuff, including like a unique 360 theme, and the big reason for the price is supposed to be a replica Spartan Helmet.

2.5 million on day 1 I'll predict.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network
prlatino86 said:
TWRoO said:
there are 3 versions? whats the difference?
also $95 wtf!... is this the rrp or are shops taking the piss.

No, the legendary version is like 100 bucks.  The other 2 versions are kind of like the 2 different versions with halo 2, but the legendary is supposed to come with even MORE stuff, including like a unique 360 theme, and the big reason for the price is supposed to be a replica Spartan Helmet.

Well i have no info about halo2 so i didn't know about it releasing with 2 versions so legendary has more stuff... like what? you mention a helmet so i'm guessing you just mean free collectible type stuff... the game is still the same right. and whats different between the other 2... boxart?

twesterm said:

It's funny how everyone has a no BS manager or is on the inside with that rebellious employee when they're all just making stuff up, BS'ing you, and/or just trying to make you feel like you're part of the inside. It's kind of funny actually.

You know what?  I usually don't mind your posts though they tend to rub some people the wrong way, but this one irritates me to no end.  Let me share something with you:  Most of the gamestop employees and managers I have met are clueless fanboys that rave about one system or the other and generally just want to feel important.  This particular manager very recently joined EB games from a completely unrelated large retail chain and has been in the retail business for about 10 years.  This particular employee has a kid with a Nintendo DS.  That's it.  This person is truly a no BS, no axe to grind person that tells it like it is and joined the company for the management position and not for video games and to cheerlead from the sidelines.  I know it's hard for you to believe, but I can tell the difference between bullshit and a genuine person.  Most GS/EB games employees are bullshitters because they somehow feel they are a gaming god due to their status as an employee.  This one isn't.  Case closed.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Legendary is $129 and comes with a halo helmet and and some kind of other bonus material. I belive the Limited or CE version has a "making of" DVD and comes in a metal box. It is $69.95. The regular version is 59.95.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

I'm going to say 2.5m first day, and about an extra 300k for the rest of the 5-day sales week for 2.8m units.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

misterd said:
Parokki said:
leo-j said:
I think its going to have a 90% attach ratio.

This is extremely unrealistic. Even Halo 2 had "only" around 33%, so I'd say 3 has a solid shot at 50%, at least for a while.

In order to hit 90% they'd have to sell about 10mil in a few weeks, and continue to keep pace w/ 360 sales. Ain't gonna happen. I can see 1-2 million through October, and maybe 5 by year's end, which would be about 30-33% if 360 ends the year w/ 15-16m units.

?

I agree with with your beg and ending posts but 1-2 million through october?

This game will sell most likely 1.5-3 m its first DAY

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.