By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 3 preorder update...

So I checked with my favorite no BS gamestop manager tonight on their halo 3 preorder status.  They were a little over 300 units so far.  This is a very small store so this is kind of surprising that they have reached this level.  I couldn't believe the breakdown.... Of the 300ish, about 130 were regular version, 120 were the legendary and the rest were limited.  I asked twice to be sure I understood, but they are running about 1:1 between regular and legendary.  So... at this store, their Average Retail Selling Price will be about $95.00.

If that pattern holds somewhat true for most stores on just preorders, the opening week for this game is going to be remarkable indeed...

Check with your local gamestop/ebgames if you know a  manager there that is NO BS and see if they tell you the same.... 

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network

I think its going to have a 90% attach ratio.

mM

^Overall? Nah. If you think about it the game will probally sell around 6-10 million overall in its lifetime. Right now the Console is at what? Around 10 million going on 11. By the time Halo 3 comes out the 360's sales will jump hugely probally even higher then the Wii (Almost 100% sure its gunna beat the wii the week of its release).

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

^^
In US, yep, in WW, possibly

Ill ask the guy next time i stop by

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

It's funny how everyone has a no BS manager or is on the inside with that rebellious employee when they're all just making stuff up, BS'ing you, and/or just trying to make you feel like you're part of the inside. It's kind of funny actually.

I'm not saying Halo 3 is going to sell a crapload and I'm sure there are a few no BS managers, it's just funny how everyone thinks they have a friend at Gamestop who gives them the inside info.

-edit-
And I could tell you the reasons why I think you should believe me but for all you know I could be making those up so think about this:

Any Gamestop manager is going to want to make sure you feel like you're on the inside.  Why?  Because that means you feel like you're part of the store and you're going to go there for all your preorders.  The more preorders a store receives (especially for big ticket items like the uber expensive Halo 3 version I imagine) the better that manager looks and the more he makes.  Think about, if there were two or more Gamestops near you, one being a huge Gamestop with a really good selection and the other being a smaller one where you know the manager which one are you going to go to?

Now that we have that out of the way, try it out for yourself.  If you have more than one Gamestop near you, find the manager and see if he can become your no BS manager.  I guarantee they will try to give you the honest truth nobody else will give, tell you a few Gamestop secrets, and whatever else to make you feel like they are the no BS manager.  Trust me, 99% of the time they (or most other people) feed you that crap and you actually soak it up, you are being had. 

Around the Network
leo-j said:
I think its going to have a 90% attach ratio.

This is extremely unrealistic. Even Halo 2 had "only" around 33%, so I'd say 3 has a solid shot at 50%, at least for a while.

there are 3 versions? whats the difference?
also $95 wtf!... is this the rrp or are shops taking the piss.

Did you guys hear about MSs plan to get girls int Halo ??? Well here it is :)

I'd agree that h3 will probably manage a 50% attach ratio from mid October through December.

At my local EB/GS, in a mid-sized mall (town pop of 30,000), they have over 425 Halo 3 preorders.

Their breakdown?

120 Legendarys (sold out)
80 CEs
225 Normal Editions

A bit different ratio. However, the preorders are massive. Halo 2 only managed 250-300 at this store. So pre-orders are vastly above H2's levels at this point. However, having said this, they have advised me that they've stressed preorders - they said they are unlikely to have ANY copies of Halo3 in for pick-up and purchase near opening day. IMO, thats stupid, but oh well. Thats their business.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

El Duderino said:

Did you guys hear about MSs plan to get girls int Halo ??? Well here it is :)

Meh. Pink armour is one of already female friendly elements